Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

DIY ski rack??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I Need to transport 4 pairs of skis but my car isnt big enough to put them through the Ski flap ( and it aint got one) Has anyone made an Adaptor that you can carry skis on that attaches to a Tow bar?

thanks

Tim
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.bicyclerack-mottez.com/article.php?lg=en&mid=7&msid=0&mssid=0&rid=16
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Im a chippy....and was thinking of a Wooden structure that I could put on a bicycle carrier etc etc
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do you think i can mount them sideways on a cycle carrier?

https://www.google.fr/search?q=cycle+carrier&rlz=1C9BKJA_enFR591FR591&hl=en-GB&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjK0ejo5brRAhVGtBQKHcU6AxQQ_AUICCgC&biw=768&bih=909#imgrc=HKp9lTsnZXs-YM%3A
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So you want to build something like this?http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/191406145737-0-1/s-l1000.jpg
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah something like that but cant i fix the skis horizontally?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
All the add on parts that I could find were like that.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@glisser, friends took a hired VW nine seater skiing from UK and did just as you suggest with a bicycle rack and skis across the car, was about six pairs all up in their bags. No problems encountered.

All the old type buses running around ski areas in the past had similar to what you are saying regarding the towbar, just a frame with box at the bottom to drop the skis into and a hoop at the top to stop them falling about. You'd poke the skis up through the hoop and drop the bottom back down into the box and just leave them like that. Sometimes they'd put a bungee cord around the top to add security.

Guess you could also make some skiboot sole shaped plates (decent hardwood perhaps) and fit them to a frame then clip your skis to it with the bindings.

Sitting in Cervinia once, there were quite a few cars arrived is the village with what appeared like just wide bicycle racks across the back of the car to carry skis. Looked a bit like those "Saris Bones" bike racks but with a longer centre tube.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A bike is 170 cm longish, my skis are 173ish.

3 pairs of skis ratchet strapped on.
Cant see a problem can you?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Give them a go over here and see if you encounter any problems.

Think the longest pair my friends loaded were 175 cm so similar to yours and the VW bus was quite wide so nothing sticking out.

I was looking at my 190cm and they did overhang from the rack a bit too much so that it tried to twist the rack if not perfectly centred and seemed more precarious with what I had, but they're obviously a fair bit longer than your 173cm.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My audis width is 1906mm inc wing mirrors so if i can strap the skis on securely, and spend a tenner on a secndhand bike rack then so be it.

Ill keep you informed with some photos.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My audis width is 1906mm inc wing mirrors so if i can strap the skis on securely, and spend a tenner on a secndhand bike rack then so be it.

Ill keep you informed with some photos.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This might be an old thread, but I searched for the same thing for hours and found very little. Here is what I did on my convertible sebring. Cheap trunk mount 2 bike carrier. Attached a pvc pipe with U bolts on the closest bike holders. Wrap up skis, bungee to the crossbar.

70 MPH and a 3 hour drive later, didn't budge an inch!

https://goo.gl/photos/k4PjdJ3ZcYcVAQP37
https://goo.gl/photos/EwYEaAUpSZ9c9MCB8
https://goo.gl/photos/ExkUq74kikJoKUtE6
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy