Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal Ski - "Your Account System Down"

Poster: A snowHead
I'm traveling on the 14th, and have downloaded the tickets on both my phone and my tablet, so I should be fine.

I may not even bother printing them.

I'm surprised it has taken them this long to fix their website though.
latest report
 paul_l
paul_l
does anyone know how far in advance Crystal post out the Eurostar tickets, as these cant be downloaded or emailed out?

I'm still a few weeks away, but dont want to leave it to the last minute to chase if they are snowed under with phone calls about plane tickets.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've just had my tickets emailed to me for a second time! This time around, I had no problems with the attachments. I've no idea why the sent me the first lot and why the attachments wouldn't open but all is now well. And .... just for good measure they sent me yet another identical copy of the final paid in invoice.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
All you that have had tickets emailed to you, I have a question. Had you booked direct with Crystal (phone, website etc)?

I've booked through the travel agents, so I'm guessing I will get something from them. I can see the ticket in the iPhone app, but can't send it to anywhere useful. An android phone may be more useful.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SnowboardVicky wrote:
All you that have had tickets emailed to you, I have a question. Had you booked direct with Crystal (phone, website etc)?

I've booked through the travel agents, so I'm guessing I will get something from them. I can see the ticket in the iPhone app, but can't send it to anywhere useful. An android phone may be more useful.

Isn't it a pdf that can be printed off (or copied to your PC then printed)?

That is how it appeared in the Android app.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm not great with the iPhone...someone else can tell me different maybe, but, unlike an Android where you download the pdf and it's in a folder that you can access, with the iphone, it downloads into the app and is only available within the app you've downloaded it.
I have the Crystal Ski app on an android phone, but for some strange reason that I don't understand the tickets aren't available on there even though it's logged into the same booking. Someone suggested logging out and back in, but I haven't had chance to try that yet!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
alex_heney wrote:

Isn't it a pdf that can be printed off (or copied to your PC then printed)?

That is how it appeared in the Android app.

I think the answer to that is ... sometimes

I've had the stuff from Crystal in different formats including one that appeared to be a PDF but when accessed from a PC was ZIP which contained a PDF. This seemed to phase the "i" devices (they just didn't work). Subsequent Crystal emails were OK.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tried emailing the PDF to my PC - what a mess : select all (could only get one page at a time) ; copy ; write new email ; paste ; send :: it arrived with the details all over the place (just about unreadable). Will wait for the email from Crystal....
latest report
 paul_l
paul_l
paul_l wrote:
does anyone know how far in advance Crystal post out the Eurostar tickets, as these cant be downloaded or emailed out?

I'm still a few weeks away, but dont want to leave it to the last minute to chase if they are snowed under with phone calls about plane tickets.

I can answer my own question, they arrived around 3 weeks in advance. I'm going to have a lovely view of the pillar between the windows for 8-9 hours both ways Evil or Very Mad, and because it's a travel agent ticket it cant be changed until after everyone has boarded.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have downloaded the tickets on to my phone as a pdf and then printed them off my pc, via dropbox
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Don't worry people! You don't need any paperwork or apps! Go to check in with your passport that's all they need! I'm on a crystal holiday now!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
feefee wrote:
Don't worry people! You don't need any paperwork or apps! Go to check in with your passport that's all they need! I'm on a crystal holiday now!

...Unless Crystal are using Easyjet/Flybe (like out of Belfast/Southampton)), in which case you need to check in online and have your boarding pass.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ok to clarify we flew Titan from
Stansted.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just to confirm, email comes thru about 14 days before travel. Received mine today (travelling 28th) Smile
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Only needed passports on return from chambery yesterday too.
latest report
Just back from La Thuile with Crystal. Two points; as feefee said in most cases you only need passports, certainly the case for Thompson/TUI flights; and also check you trash/junk folder as gmail put my email from Crystal into it last week and when I called about it the operator said this was a common problem.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
One word or warning. Somewhere between Crystal and Thomson, the name of one of our party appeared to have been changed, so although the names on the tickets and passports matched, the check-in person tried to extract a £90 charge for a name change! I pointed out that the tickets were correct so she then said it was my agent's problem. When I said it was a direct booking with Crystal she then said it would all be OK with no charges. We mananged to get out but the return could be interesting

Crystal / TUI seem to have really screwed up their system somewhere and I suspect they have been rekeying some of the data because one of our original boarding passes had a typo on it and the check-in person said that it wasn't the first.
ski holidays
'Your Account' section is back up.... (took some time !!??)
ski holidays
@814man, +1 on junking of mail.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy