Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Update review: all round skis - decision time

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Went with the 18/19 model of the Volkl M5. Blind faith and alot of reading over the weekend. Will report back, although wont have much side country/of piste options until next month.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's an interview with the owner of Black Crows in the latest Blister Podcast. I think he says that the new Black Crows Daemon was designed to be an improved version of the Volkl Mantra (was half asleep when listening to it, so anyone considering a purchase might want to have a listen).

Not sure they would suit Under a New Name though as they have reverse camber.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Redwine wrote:
Went with the 18/19 model of the Volkl M5. Blind faith and alot of reading over the weekend. Will report back, although wont have much side country/of piste options until next month.

Where did you get those from? I didn't think they were on sale yet.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@uktrailmonster, A local store in boston had a few of them. Not sure what the process is to get them early, but they have just a few of them and very limited lengths. Very excited to try them out, although off piste will need to wait till feb. will report back.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Redwine, cool. I don't think they are available in the UK yet, but imminent I believe. I have my eye on them as a crud-buster for next season.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Finally, finally got to ride my new skis. Vokyl M5, 18/19 edition. As my new one quiver, absolutely loved them. Fast piste, bumps, cut up stuff just off trail and into 8" stuff off piste were all handled well.

U had to work them, but not overly so, and bumps were probably my least fave, but they could get through them if needed. They were a bit heavy lugging them on the shoulders for some hiking, but no problem in deeper stuff. Probably not an 18" pow ski, but that's a good problem that's easily dealt with.

It took a few days for me to understand them, and you can't be lazy at the end of the day, but I enjoyed them a lot.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy