Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sierra Nevada - Tomorrow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening Snawheids,

I've a few weeks spare before Christmas and was thinking of heading down to the Sierra Nevada for a few days.

I usually ski 3v, dolomiti or Austria so im not expecting great slopes but should be decent enough for a couple of days?

Any general advice is much appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are loads of easy/intermediate runs in the bowl at the top of the gondola. More interesting red runs further up the mountain - I liked the Laguna area a lot. The only black run that I could think of is from the big radar dish in the main bowl. It's short and has a mogul run beside it. It's a big area and even if they only have half of the pistes open, there will be plenty to fill a weekend. Enjoy!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
First place I ever skied was Sierra Nevada. It was the year after they had hosted I think the world cup. There was a black (it was somewhere on the right of the ski map) that was so steep when I skied up to the edge of it I was so scared I had to take my skis off and walk away (in hindsight probably more dangerous).

Ever since then I've wanted to go back to see was it just my inexperience or was it actually proper steep. And with Granada and Andalucia generally nearby, why not?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It is a good long-weekend resort.

Good for intermediates and beginners.

They currently have some of the best snow conditions in Europe.

About 75% of their lifts are already open today.

Just be prepared for the architecture.

latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Loved this place when I went a few years ago. As previously mentioned its not the best looking but the lifts are quick and not usually busy through the week. It does ramp up at the weekends with daytrippers and there can be the odd issue with fog and high winds which effectively shut down the mountain. There is a chairlift which takes you from most of the accomodation area down to the main plaza & gondolas. The apres ski is typically spanish with tapas served with your drinks at the bars. Great place for a couple of day though with a hire car from Malaga Airport you can be on the slopes in 2hrs.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I went once for a week and was massively disappointed, I think it was closed for 3 days due to high winds and not impressive for the rest (8 hrs drive to get there, pretty dodgy snow covering). Friends went for 5 days last year, it just rained, one left after two days, the other hung around but not much went on. Apparently the wind and the lack of snow is a common occurrence. Both of these are in school holidays, perhaps it is better outside those periods with less people.

I find it a novelty to pop up for a day or two's skiing while admiring Granada etc, but wouldn't recommend anyone to make a dedicated trip there.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy