Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2016/2017

Poster: A snowHead
Full details can be found at www.la-plagne.com

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 1-10-17 19:53; edited 5 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Local info www.perso-laplagne.fr

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 21-09-17 17:59; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 21-09-17 18:00; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@boredsurfin, when did they turn all the pistes on the glacier to "Natur's"? Can't remember itbeing like the last time I was there a couple of years ago.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@stevew, Yep, its new for the coming season
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi everyone

New thread - it must be nearly ski time!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@boredsurfin, that brochure is full of Hype, but rather lacking details, like location.
So where is this new pic-nic area? Where in 1800 is Cocoon? Where are the Ski Touring Trails?

As oldies, we were rather hoping Chauffe Marcel would fail - it was often booming out over quiet gentle relaxed 1800 well into the night when all sensible skiers should be tucked up in bed. But i'm sure many others are thrilled, and its probably good for the resort.

We rather like the idea of all runs off the glacier being ungroomed. But could cause some consternation among those used to La Plagne from previous seasons but fail to read the small-print for this season. There were days last season when Combe was full of mammoth moguls and terrified intermediates.

But of course the great news is Envers. Lets hope is lives up to its billing: "new technology for the detachable grip . . . robust, long-lasting design . . . redesigned seats and better passenger safety and comfort" We shall see. The new Colosses out of Bellecote was often breaking down during its first few weeks.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Jonpim, I've searched but cannot find any location for the picnic area. Will have to keep an eye on Perso Plagne I guess...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Always seemed daft to me that they took out the Coqs lift in the first place and deliberately caused a bottleneck at La Roche (I think that someone did post the reason on here a while back).

Envers should help spread people out a bit.

Good news that there's an official pdf version of the map this year, although Romain's done a pretty good job with the scanning in the past
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm surprsed there is no mention of the re development of the snow front in Plagne Centre - the old slope onto the snowfront outside the Oxygene shop is being replaced with a set of stairs and the summer road is being removed or moved and some levels are being rearranged.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Charliee, have you got any pics or plans?

As for the Cogs debacle ukredsox, the cynics among us reckon its just another example of the "Plagne Mafia", who among (many) other things own the La Roche restaurant.

Now just 3 months to go . . .
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Charliee, There is a passing mention on Romains forum... Perso plagne
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@thefatcontroller, Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boredsurfin wrote:
@thefatcontroller, Toofy Grin

Am alive, the summer poo-poo is out of the way, winter beckons. Did 2 hot holidays this year and only 1 skiing, looks like the same again next year. You ok?
snow report
Yep all fine, Learning sailing which is interesting... Bet you got bored on hot holidays...
snow conditions
boredsurfin wrote:
Yep all fine, Learning sailing which is interesting... Bet you got bored on hot holidays...

We did full on hot holidays, no sitting around, don't do sitting....I can feel a slight chill at home here today hence my coming on here look for 2016/2017 threads, roll on winter. Some new lifts in La Plagne too?
latest report
New lifts, nope only Enver which takes the place of Coqs - so a replacement, nothing new. (Although it is a brand new lift)
Possibly the big news is that the no runs at all will be posted at all on the Glacier - all are Pistes Natur for this season. Also La Plagne passes of more than 3 days include a day in the frozen wind blown icelands of Les Arcs Toofy Grin
latest report
@boredsurfin, thought I'd post on here to get both LA and LP on "my" post lists. And of course, as per the LA thread, to say that the 3 day plus passes work both ways, and we can enjoy the crowded motorways of LP too Toofy Grin
snow report
@Arctic Roll, Toofy Grin You stick to the motorways please, leave the beautiful tree lined pistes and huge off piste for the rest of us snowHead
snow conditions
@boredsurfin,I will, as long as you stay on the icelands! snowHead
snow report
boredsurfin, am now rather worried about the glacier slopes: it was interesting to learn they would not be groomed this coming season, but to remove the piste markers - presumably what you mean by "no runs at all will be posted at all on the glacier" - is maybe a stop too far . . . .
ski holidays
Hello everyone,

We're out in France at the moment and the mornings are getting darker longer now and it even felt a bit autumny this morning with mist across the valley. Only a few months now!

(scuttles off to do some work before the season arrives and nothing is done because I've been messing around on snowheads)
snow conditions
@Jonpim, Les Etroits (did we ski that together?) is natur but still has a line of markers where the piste use to be, most noticeable on the section that is avalanche run off one side and a stream the other Toofy Grin From memory they are just dark poles rather than 'proper' piste markers with fluorescent tops and numbers etc.
I think early season it was pisted possibly to establish a base/route?
snow report
Updates on the investment plan

http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Actualites.htm#14_09_16
snow report
Some snow above 1900 metres last night and today, it's been a horrible day in Champagny village with the temperature around 7 degrees C at lunchtime and has been raining here most of the day. I can't see above the clouds to see where the snow level is at the moment.
They've started construction of the new all weather swimming pool, ice rink and climbing wall in Champagny village. I assume it has something to do with the new MGM construction next to the Club Alpina, I'll put more details on the Champagny thread soon.
ski holidays
Greetings skichampcouk, it must be real tough stuck out there in the miserable mountains rather then lovely smokey car-jammed London wink
Will you still be there in 3 months?

If you look now at the Webcams you will see cows lounging on the slopes round the Bergerie lift. Lovely snowHead
latest report
@Jonpim, Wouldn't it be good if the Montalbert camera was working!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin wrote:
@Jonpim, Wouldn't it be good if the Montalbert camera was working!

They are really crap in La Plagne with webcams.
snow report
Discounted season pass (Buy before Dec 1st 2016) Now available.Plus a new deal for Family season pass.
http://www.edenski.com/cms/eden-price
snow report
The family season pass looks good. But does anyone know if it would work to include my son who turns 18 in February if I buy it now when he is 17?
latest report
Topperski wrote:
The family season pass looks good. But does anyone know if it would work to include my son who turns 18 in February if I buy it now when he is 17?

If you want 100% answer ring the tourist office, it should be at the time of purchase? but then again this is France, it might be 1st day of use. Ring them..... Madeye-Smiley Toofy Grin
latest report
@Topperski, you'll need to ring the lift pass office / tourist office to check.

For the normal eg 6-day passes the child's age on the first day of the pass validity is what they check. So, you can buy a family pass for a 17-year old who will turn 18 during the week. So I would assume that the same applies to the season passes. . . .. . but no guarentees
latest report
Hi everyone, we are travelling to Geneva 24/12 for a week got cheap as chips flights. Based on experience and I know two years are seldom the same is worth looking at accomodation as low as les coches and montchavin that week or will the runs back down more than likely be closed. There are few apartments higher up which I could book but they're all a bit small and less value to those lower? Thought please
ski holidays
jirac18 wrote:
Hi everyone, we are travelling to Geneva 24/12 for a week got cheap as chips flights. Based on experience and I know two years are seldom the same is worth looking at accomodation as low as les coches and montchavin that week or will the runs back down more than likely be closed. There are few apartments higher up which I could book but they're all a bit small and less value to those lower? Thought please

I've stayed in Les Coches several times and Montchavin once. The links to and from Les Coches are guaranteed because they are required for the Vanoise Express. We go at Christmas and "Easter" (school holidays). Even when the conditions are non existent lower down the links are open. You can download in a short bubble to Montchavin but while the village is really nice it's slightly shadier than Les Coches and other than it's niceness offers no advantages. But if it has the best availability for you don't baulk at it, it'll do the job.

Les Coches and Paradiski is our go to destination. We are probably going 17th December this year - tunnel booked, just looking at apartments.
snow report
@jirac18, I'd agree with what @Layne, said. By the Christmas week snow is usually really good across the whole of the Paradiski area. But even if there wasn't as much as you'd wish for, it's very easy to download on the last bubble at the end of the day.
snow report
Hi Jonpim, I was only out there for 1 night to shut everything down after the summer season so didn't have much time to see anything out there.
Had to rush off to get to Bordeaux to start on the cycle trip towards Toulouse with two of the Champagny crowd, we'll tell you more about it when the winter season starts. We're due out there for the start of the season so will no doubt meet up when you arrive.

Good to hear you're still enjoying your cycling to work, must be heaven.
snow report
I'm off out to La Plagne for 1st November this year. For the season and maybe the summer Shocked Can't wait Smile Smile
latest report
Myself and JanetS will be chalet hosting in Les Coches from lift opening - again our first season. Really looking forward to it.
snow report
chaletgirl, RobinS, and JanetS, Best of luck and Good Wishes to you both.
Maybe get to see you when we get out . . . ?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy