Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flights - mid Jan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

We're looking at potentially going away for a long weekend - flying out to Geneva Weds 11th Jan, return either Sat 14th/Sun 15th Jan (just 2 adults, leaving the kids with the grandparents). We're holding off on booking the flights at the moment as we'd like to wait closer to the time and make a call based on snow conditions (i.e. if no snow for 2 weeks, then we may give it a miss this year!).

Have any of you had any experience of booking flights fairly late (i.e. 3-7 days prior) to Geneva from a London airport over this time period? If so, did you find that the price materially increased between say now, and 3-7 days prior?

Flight prices are really reasonable at the moment so i am tempted just to purchase them anyway, but equally if the prices aren't likely to change much as it's off-peak, then i may just leave it.

Any thoughts based on experience greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Ol
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Flights will be quite a bit more expensive then. Unless it's a catastrophic snow year, in mid January there will be several resorts with snow within a 2 hour drive of GVA, so book flights now, hire a car and book accommodation late.

NEVER postpone a skiing holiday until next year!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In my experience, flight prices tend to go up and you don't tend to get last minute bargains (not IME, anyway)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys - great advice.

Also, any views on ideal length of short break / long weekend? We were looking at flying out Weds PM, skiing Thurs Fri Sat and get flight back late Sat PM to save on another nights accomodation, and to get home and relieve the grandparents of the kids.

Olly
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy