Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire or Service Old Skis??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads,

Looking forward to coming out of the ski hiatus for winter 2016/2017 and wanted to see what everyone thoughts were on the following?

I'm headed out tot he 3 Vallees for New Year and the first week of Jan. I have some old ski's, Salomon Lords and Salomon Quest Boots (must be 07/08 I'm pretty sure these are the first incarnation?)

I'm wondering if its worth paying £20 to get them serviced and paying approx £130 to take them via BA, OR, am I better off paying £125 (top bracket) to rent from ski-set for the week?

The ski's have done 1.5 seasons and 3 holidays. The bases are pretty good.

Interested to know what you think is the best option. I ideally want some twintips (given that the off piste is looking like it is going to be non-existent so I'm going to want to ski everything backwards to keep myself amused whilst getting the girlfriend down the mountain Wink !!!)

Thanks in advance!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you sure it's £130 to get them there and back Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Are you sure it's £130 to get them there and back

I have had my own skis for 25 years (no not the same ones) but I wouldn't bother owning if I had to pay that for every trip.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@borntoski, I assume you got some bargain flights without luggage, or you need to take a lot of stuff with you. BA normally gives you a 23Kg, which can be ski bag with clothes, and you can takes your boots in a backpack as a cabin bag.

As many have reported on here, it is often cheaper to book an BA Business/Club ticket if you need to take a lot, as you get 2 x 23Kg included.

If you think the snow is going to to be really bad, do you want to take your newly serviced skis rock hopping, I would just hire something and change them if the conditions do.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Apologies for the delay, I've been very busy doing snow dances.... Also, does anyone know how I get out this Cravesse that stops me posting?! I have reset to my new email address and it still doesn't work? (I can only post once every 24 hours)

Thanks for the advice guys, you're right, I can take ski's instead of suitcase and boots as luggage Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@borntoski, Just make sure your hand luggage back is small enough with your boots, I had a right Faf with BA. They ask for you to pack them separately but that would then mean 2 bags. If your boot bag is too big for the checked hand luggage think they are all to happy to charge you.

Thankfully mine was all okay.
It definitely works out cheaper to take skis than to hire. Swiss / BA even Easyjet if you can get the flights at the right price.

As for getting out of the cravesse, email admin.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Or put a post on here and a mod will probably pull you out

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=119004
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy