Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Hopefully I've got this in the right place, just received this email from Ski Amis and thought I'd get it out there for all.

** PLEASE READ **

URGENT Information
We have been informed of a possible scam affecting ski holiday companies whereby clients are being sent an email offering a big discount on their holiday booking for making payment of their holiday balance immediately to a bank account outside of the UK. We are aware at least one of our own guests who has been sent this email which appears to be legitimately from the company except for the bank details.

Please note this email is NOT from us - please DO NOT make payment for your holiday to any bank account other than our Nat West account shown on your invoice. Our online credit card system is also working without any problems so secure payment can also be made online or via our call centre.

If you do receive such an email, please can you forward this urgently to finance@skiamis.com - the matter has been reported to the cyber fraud police and is being investigated.

If you have any concerns or questions at all regarding your payments, please contact us immediately on 0203 411 5439.

Kind Regards
Christine van Zadelhoff
Director - Ski Amis
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have received the actual scam email.

It is incredibly plausible and believable given that all my details are correct, right down to booking references dates etc etc.

I received a call from Ski Amis this morning warning me and if it wasn't for their pro active approach i suspect i could have been caught out.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If they have all your details including dates, then I'd be onto the ICO.

https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/raising-concerns/

This will demonstrate that you have acted diligently, and will help your case for reimbursement should you find that at some time in the future you are defrauded as an indirect consequence
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I wonder how they got your details?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@under a new name, The implication would seem to be that Ski Amis have had their site 'hacked'...?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@albob, that was my first thought...espesh as they proactively alerted...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes from the comprehensive data and information they quoted, the ski amis site has been compromised in some way.

Very easy to lay blame, but bigger companies also have similar problems.

They are working incredibly hard to contact people by phone, as they did with me.

They are not the only ski business who has been targeted apparently. So be careful everyone.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would like to add - that from past experience - SkiAmis are an excellent, honest company to deal with - I feel sure they would do everything within their power to ensure all guests are appropriately informed.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy