Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

''50+ coaching'' each month at chill factor ?

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone done this 2 hour 'informal' ski session ? was it any good etc ????
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes.
In summer it was great, often 1:1 or 2 or 3:1. The standard of those attending varies, though most are 'competent' at the least. The less of you there are, the better it is to get individual attention as to what you want to work on. Last time that I went there were about 10 in the session, so it was much more a 'you ski, I'll watch you and make the odd suggestion' type of thing.

The normal lady who takes it is an American who also does some of their race coaching and she's very friendly and nice. Like all instructors/coaches, if you get on with them and understand what they're trying to help you with then you will get a lot more out.

I've certainly learnt some stuff from the few that I've been to, and for the money it's got to be worth a go.

If you do go, buy a lift pass of at least an hour or 2 to warm up first, and consider buying a pass to cover you after the session too (if you have the time) so that you can practice a bit. Annoyingly, if you want to do this, however, you end up effectively paying twice as the £20 for the 2 hour coaching (I think that's the cost) includes the lift pass time so you either end up buying 2 short length passes or a whole day (or usually a week is cheaper!) one.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ok for intermediate to advanced skiers ???
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Depends how you define it! Probably exactly where it's aimed, although perhaps more with the emphasis on intermediate - but the coach is very experienced so doubtless can cope with any level and differing requirements.
Even stunning experts (which ain't me) can surely get benefit from an experienced eye or someone who can advise on an issue.
I wouldn't expect miracles, especially at this busy time of year, but I'd say that it's worth a go at least once, then see how you personally find it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Grizzler, +1
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
WTF is this 50+ crap? What difference does a day make?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Is this serious? Lesson designed for the "over 50s" . Are they having a laugh? Patronising at best. Or are they acknowledging the excellent technique of those "older" skiers who need to improve their off piste and slalom technique....
Sarah (aged 51) Shocked Cool Spose I'd better sign up!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Grizzler, wow, I won't tell that Canuck what you called her!!

American Shocked Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Is this serious? Lesson designed for the "over 50s" . Are they having a laugh? Patronising at best. Or are they acknowledging the excellent technique of those "older" skiers who need to improve their off piste and slalom technique....
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mosha Marc wrote:
@Grizzler, wow, I won't tell that Canuck what you called her!! American Shocked Twisted Evil

If we are talking about the same lady, I asked her when we first met where she was from, and she said "California".
Last time that I looked, that was in the USA... Puzzled
My most humble apologies if I've understood or heard it wrong.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Perty wrote:

They shout through a Megaphone and have special Zimmer Frames with little skis on the bottom, incontinence ski pants, as well as regular Complan stops....and everything. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Perty, They also do monthly or more frequent ladies' coaching sessions for 2 hours at the same cost, and also do specific 'mornings' and lift passes (with cake and coffee included, which is apparently something to be excited about) both for the over-50s and ladies-only - though since I've also seen both scary men and those nasty over-excitable younger folk on the slope at the same 'reserved' time, I don't quite get the point.

I guess that you can argue that the gender separation is also somewhat patronising (and I have heard that voiced by both sexes, of mature ages, in the changing rooms, about both special coaching/session offers). However, for me, there's a certain saying about gift horses...

There are rumours that the over 50s is actually over 50mph - though you definitely need good slalom technique at that place! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If anyone is offended by the 50+ lessons, they will probably explode when they find out there are "Ladies Only Sessions"............

http://www.chillfactore.com/ski-and-snowboard/recreational-lift-passes/special-events/ladies-only-morning/

I suspect that both are targeted at casual skiers who think that the slope will be full of "Youths". The same offers apply to every aspect of recreation be it Swimming, Yoga and whatever this weeks latest fitness fad is.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Tue 6-12-16 22:45; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I assume that the over-50s are also allowed to book Freestyle events, bumps courses, performance training, etc, etc, etc if they choose? Can't see the problem with providing options which are tailored for certain segments of your market.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@rob@rar, 'Course, the over 50s can't book onto sessions designed for under 16s... (I take my hat off to all supervisors and Instructors doing them Smile )

@PowderAdict, I suspect it's more targeted at those whom they think will not, in a financial/legal/fiscal sense, be gainfully employed (or at least not full time) during the non-peak 1000-1400 hours period.
snow report
@Grizzler, due to brexit I guess?
snow conditions
@under a new name, Nope, definitely done it from well before then. Just general commerical marketing sense - or have I just missed the joke Confused
ski holidays
@Grizzler, I'd heard that everything is now due to brexit. No snow - brexit, too much snow - brexit......... Twisted Evil
latest report
Wrong kind of Brexit, obviously.
Heard Teresa saying on TV that we're now aiming to have a nice red, white and blue one, rather than that miserable old grey (was once black or white) one which we were having before...
snow report
50+ skiers might need additional coaching to get them through their new Din Setting change...
It's an emotional time. Toofy Grin
snow report
They also do a monthly over 50s monday morning early session...cheap price... as it stops all the clever dickies showing off ( like my sons) as they tend to make me feel a lot older than 50 😳😳😳😳
ski holidays
Are you really supposed to change you DIN settings after 50?? Never did that !
snow conditions
letsgetpiste wrote:
50+ skiers might need additional coaching to get them through their new Din Setting change...

Is that the Dinopause?
ski holidays
Orange200 wrote:
letsgetpiste wrote:

Is that the Dinopause?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Definition of dinopause: a binding adjustment recommended for skiers who were alive when prehistoric creatures roamed the earth wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy