Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Village stay near Belle Plagne, recommendations please.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I need some pointers for staying in a rural village, 30minutes to an hour away from Belle Plagne. The son is working there so we plan to airb&b it or use chambre d`hotes, and visit for a couple of days.
Many thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cstreat, Aime La Plagne is 30 mins away at the bottom of the 21 hairpin bends (all named) on the valley main road
- don't look much from the main road but has some charming old bits away from the main road.
But I would suggest Bourg - bit further away, but a really interesting town and easy access to lots of other places for walks and shopping.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Being facetious I would have to say belle plagne, plagne bellecOTE or at a push plagne villages otherwise you are committing yourself to a drive on hairpin bends twice a day. Y view is stay in the resort or nearby one.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could also look in Macot - at the bottom of the hair-pins down from LP. Landry is also a pretty little place (and within your 30 minute window). Likewise Monchevin or La Coche are pleasant, but you would have to drive down to the valley bottom and then back up. Bourg is also very nice, but might be pushing the 30 minute drive. Notre Damme Du Pre is very pretty and unspoilt, but too far to drive for your needs. Hope this helps, you can PM if you want any more local knowledge.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I.an Kenvyn, some good sugeestions. I've stayed in Macot - not a bad place. But there are some lively villages above Aime on other side of valley - just don't know names. Maybe you do.

Problem dan100 with staying in resort is expense, and difficulty getting AirBnB. Also usually forced into 7 days and weekend to weekend.
That hairpin run is no problem - have done it daily. Fun is trying to keep up with locals. Quite exciting.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jonpim wrote:
I.an Kenvyn, some good sugeestions. I've stayed in Macot - not a bad place. But there are some lively villages above Aime on other side of valley - just don't know names. Maybe you do.

Problem dan100 with staying in resort is expense, and difficulty getting AirBnB. Also usually forced into 7 days and weekend to weekend.
That hairpin run is no problem - have done it daily. Fun is trying to keep up with locals. Quite exciting.

Hi Jon - yes driving like the locals is a real rite of passage Cool Other vilages on the Beaufort side might include Bellentre (just of the N90) then further up Valesan, Les Chapelle, Vulmix, and Granier - all with stonking views back over the whole Paradiski area.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great suggestions....perfect thank you.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
www.sharplesguesthouse.com Fits your bill perfectly Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all the suggestions; He is being moved to La Daille on Friday, to the "cheaper end but very cheerful" Champs Avalon where we all had our first two very happy pre christmas Alpine skiing holidays when he was 11!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
So now you want quaint rural places 30 minutes from La Daille? wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Jonpim, Only if they are 60 euros a night for 2, brekkie included Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy