Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Restaurants in Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Hi we are going to Tignes in the end of December. We are a large group staying in an catered chalet, but need to find a nice restaurant for a chalet staff night off. What would you recommend ? It's a wednesday night. Anywhere nice but not to expensive for about 10 adults. Some of us don't eat meat so would be good to have fish/ vegetarian options. Also we would need a good takeaway place to order pizza for our kids that night, any recommendations? Thank you
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Bella2015, What part of Tignes? Val Claret? Le Lac? elsewhere?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
L@holidayloverxx, we are staying in Le Lac
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Bella2015, I like L'Arbina in Le Lac but others will have other recommendations
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@holidayloverxx, thank you! Will have a look. I suppose for a large group I should book in advance
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Bella2015, Yes, I would
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lots of decent restaurants, depends what you want, and veggie options available but limited.

Pizza Mick in Lavachet is a good takeaway.

Bagus Cafe in Lac is local to you and good (also does pizzas) and the Brasero in Lavachet good but meaty.

Pignatta in Val Claret is a favourite of mine.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Arbina Brasserie is OK this year (the restaurant upstairs is sadly no more after a tour op took over from the family) but it is mainly pizzas Lasagnes etc. Tricky to know what you mean by nice but if you want a 3 course for €35-40 then La Queue de Cochon in Lavachet (5 mins by bus from Le Lac) would be my pick, it is modern European cuisine and has a fish of the day and a veggie option (owned by 2 Brits). I ate there 5 times last year. Phone +33(0)479227734. In Le Lac you are never more than 200m from a takeaway pizza place.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
La Ferme Des Trois Capucinnes in Le Lac
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rarely mentioned but def worth it L'ETERLOU typical french food daily specials ESF staff eat there
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@vipul, I ate there on Saturday, as I do a number of times a season, and it is very good but Serge and Damien are not renowned for their fish and veggie courses (apart from the inevitable omelette!)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The pizza place across the bridge in Le Brev, forget the name but its the one with the big copper pot outside, lovely pizzas.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Markymark29, if that's L'Armailly you're talking about, it's a cracker for lunch. Not a great deal of use for an evening meal from Le Lac, but great place for lunch. Very good value house wine, if (fuzzy) memory serves.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Dr John, That's the one, slipped on a banana skin in there myself! Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Markymark29, we lingered too long, necessitating a wacky races style dash to the aeroski to get back to ValD...
latest report
Brassero is nice in La Lac.
ski holidays
I like La Pignatta. Good pizza in there.
latest report
Thanks everyone for the advice. Will have a look and let you know what we end up booking!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy