Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer to Val D'Isere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi there,

I am taking a group of work colleagues to Val D'Isere on 1st April next year. We plan to land first thing Saturday morning and can fly into Geneva or Grenoble. Any views on which would be best would be gratefully received? What would approx transfer time be that time of year?

Thanks
mr ted
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A friend of mine uses Ben's Bus.

http://www.bensbus.co.uk/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers, they look great although as there will 20 of us we will be getting a private transfer. Any ideas on which airport is likely to be quickest at that time of year?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have only used Chambery over the last few years (with Crystal). It's the closest, but if weather gets bad, flights are re-routed. Geneva may be the safest bet.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers for that, you are probably right.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
For 20 you will need 3 minivans (max 8 each). Buses of 20 seats are very hard to come by and none of the transfer companies I know of have them. As you need 3 at once try one of the bigger companies such as Coolbus based in Bourg.

As April Fool's Day is relatively low season next year, then 3 hours from Geneva, 2 hours 45 from Lyon or Grenoble, 2 hours from Chambery. I guess it depends on your location (s) in the UK and flight availability for 20 seats.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi

We can quote for this and have bigger than 8 seater vehicles. Please email info@skitransfers.com

Andy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@mr ted, post something here https://www.facebook.com/groups/850771538271311/

All the local transfer companies are on there.

I prefer Geneva as there is much more choice of flight times. Transfer time to Val is just over 2 hours by car and nearer 3 hours in a transfer bus.

If you are arriving in the morning, it's 10-15 mins longer but the route via Annecy is stunning
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@mr ted, post something here https://www.facebook.com/groups/850771538271311/

All the local transfer companies are on there.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mark Warner changed from Geneva to Grenoble as the transfer time is shorter. Geneva always seemed to be horrendously busy as well and a real bunfight for baggage reclaim. You had to go outside to find your skis as well.

I prefer Grenoble.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy