Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transporting round a toddler

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know a good pram for snow?

We're taking our toddler with us skiing for the first time, and obviously cos he's only 2 and 1/2 he will be needing to spend some time in a pram whilst we're walking around town and stuff. We have been looking at this one: http://www.prams.net/mountain-buggy-swift-3-wheels-lightweight-air-tyres-until-20-kg-gold-yellow-c

It doesn't say that it's specifically for snow, but it's an All Terrain pram so I wasn't sure if that made a difference? I have been struggling to find one specifically for snow, so if anyone has any recommendations, I'd love to hear them Smile thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@CStan, took my 2 1/2 year old nephew skiing a few years back. His skiing was hopeless!! snowHead (occasional moments of brilliance but it planted the seed - mini SH in the making!)

Apart from a cheeky nap in the middle of the day, and the occasional need for a carry up the steeper bits of town, there wasn't any need for a buggy.
Do you really want the aggravation of a buggy?

People on here might have more resort specific advice if you let us know where you're going as well.

edit: I've just asked my partner the question and she looked horrifed at the prospect of bringing a pram and said "SLING"...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We didn't with a 2 & 1/2 yr old. When we went with 18month we just used our Quinny Zap which folds up nice and small.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Are you travelling with a TO or booked DIY? Most TOs will be able to loan you a buggy in resort. We borrowed a double buggy like the one you've posted about (Phil & Teds IIRC) but we found moving a wheeled buggy around is like pushing a plow in slush and snow - wife couldn't physically manage it up hill.

When we were moving ours around at that age, we found using a carrying sling was the best. Or if there is proper snow on the ground, maybe a sledge, although may help if you use a fixed pole rather than a string to pull.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
With my 1yo, she sat in a sledge and we pulled her around. She would give people a 'royal wave' as we pulled her past them.

I expect to do the same with my second this year.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't buy something specifically for snow. Take your current buggy if you must have one, which will help if you have to get through airports, stations, etc. When you arrive, there will either be no snow in the village and you'll be fine with what you have, or it will be snow-covered and you'd be better off with a sledge. We hired one with a backrest, and put a folded blanket on it to provide some padding when our kids were small enough to need some form of transport.

If you have a buggy with small wheels and have to cross snow, pull it behind you rather than trying to push it. Simple and effective, but you'd be amazed at how many clueless people try to shove immovable buggies through wet snow or slush.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We've got a 2 and and half year old out here and he is hardly ever in a buggy but when we did try one in the winter it just didn't work, too much snow and ice just doesn't make it practical. We bought one of these (https://ergobaby.eu/baby-carrier/charcoal-black) last year which is perfect, squashes down into a bag when he wants to walk, easy to put him in when he doesn't.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Same as above, we have always just used a sledge or a sling in resort for our nearly three year old with the occasional use of Daddy's shoulders!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You can rent all kinds of suitable vehicles in resort. For the airport, the best thing is to whizz them round on a Trunkie.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We had a Mountain Buggy jogger similar to this but with a fixed front wheel. It was brilliant. It had a fake sheepskin thing to put their legs in, though I think that was an optional extra.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Where are you going? Most large Intersports rent all terrain buggies out. I have a mountain buggy terrain and a nano- they're both bloody brilliant- think the terrain has better suspension than my car! If you can get a swift cheaply go for it!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We took one of those for our son when he was that age, flew to Geneva, stayed in a chalet near Morzine, took it up in the cable car to Avoriaz, everything was fine with it.

No problem on snow or otherwise, good for sandy things back here as well as the wheels are big enough to get you over most terrain. It's the only one we ever had for our two children and it went out to the alps for summer trip as well. With the backrest down they also have a more or less flat bed so they can sleep anywhere without being slumped in a more upright seat and that's only good for everyone really.

Well worth it if you can manage it.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A lot depends on where you are staying, a buggy worked well for us in Morzine some years ago, where the town is at about 1000m & frequently raining rather than snowing & pavements are usually fairly clear, same could be said of Chamonix town, but a year later in Valloire would have been as much use as a chocolate teapot & we used a small sledge as has already been suggested
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy