Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How to get from Chambery airport to Les Menuires 2nd Jan 2017

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hiya 2 of us are trying to get to Les Menuires from Chambery Airport on the 2nd Jan 2017. There is no public bus on that day so we'll need to get a private transfer. We have found one for £150 for 4 people so if anyone else is trying to get to Les Menuires on that day let's hook up.

Alternatively I'd love any suggestions on how we can get to Menuires without Altibus.

Thanks!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 2-12-16 12:27; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@karen_globalhelpswap, have you tried putting a request on www.fndtransfers.com ? Might be worth a try Very Happy

NB - check your dates - header says 2/12, message says 2/1
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ooops! Thanks for the heads up - it should be 2nd Jan. Will try on fndtransfers - great tip!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
karen_globalhelpswap wrote:
Hiya 2 of us are trying to get to Les Menuires from Chambery Airport on the 2nd Jan 2017. There is no public bus on that day so we'll need to get a private transfer. We have found one for £150 for 4 people so if anyone else is trying to get to Les Menuires on that day let's hook up.

Alternatively I'd love any suggestions on how we can get to Menuires without Altibus.

Thanks!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@karen_globalhelpswap, You could take a taxi to Chambery station (10 euros each and around 10-15 minutes), train to Moutiers (14.50 euros and around 1 hour 20 minutes) then altibus from Moutiers to Les Menuires (12.60 euros and 45 minutes).
It obviously depends on what time you arrive in Chambery for the connection times but it should be possible without too many delays.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@skichampcouk, Amazing!! thanks so much!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@karen_globalhelpswap, is the private transfer £150 total? £37.50pp is a good price.

2nd Jan is a public holiday, I would expect public transport to be running reduced service.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@dklemm, It would be if there were 4 of us, but at the moment it's just two. I guess the best result would be to find two more people to share with us.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@karen_globalhelpswap, The public transport isn't that bad on the 2nd if you can't find somebody to share the transfer. Train times here - www.sncf.com, bus times here - www.altibus.com .
If you're on the London City flight the times work out well unless you're delayed of course. It's always worth having a fall back plan just in case of delays.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy