Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

MonteRosa (Aosta, Italy)

Poster: A snowHead
Arrived yesterday, stuck for an hr on the way up as coach snapped its chains. Perfect conditions this morning, little flat in the afternoon. Snowing from about 15:30, but slowed up now. Looks like another cracking day tomorrow.

Heard someone from our hotel was caught in an avalanche on the Champoluc side today, very fortunate that his partner kept sight and was able to dig him out. Lack of base is an issue and staying with the guides is a must IMO.

Winds likely to get up towards the end of tomorrow and could shut some lifts on Tuesday. Long, long lunch in Punta Jolanda then!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mbsnow wrote:
On Google Maps, there is a new beginner / kids slope shown near our accommodation - slope is labelled Edelboden. I'm a little dubious whether its actually there or not though. We weren't aware of it last year for sure. Can anyone confirm the slope is there and up and running? Here's the map link:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Localit%C3%A0+Edelboden+Superiore,+30,+11020+Gressoney-La-Trinit%C3%A8+AO,+Italy/@45.8315337,7.8217113,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x4788b12ed53bceb9:0x9fbc3a73ba40c562!8m2!3d45.83153!4d7.8239
Thanks all

Its definitely not there!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
All the high lifts were closed today due to the wind. Excellent snow all around the lower slopes and very quiet though. Top gondola to Punta Idren has now been closed since at least Sunday (when we arrived), going to be pretty special once it does open considering the snowfall in the past few days.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mbsnow, I suspect the wind will have stripped a lot of the fresh snow away and deposited a lot of wind pack so don't get your hopes up for a waist deep snorkel fest just yet - we'll have to see!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
All open today. I didn't go on the top cable car Passo dei Salati-Idren, but the off piste around Salati 1 and Salati was still pretty good, especially after a few hours of sun to soften the wind crust.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Everything on wind hold currently. The whole village has decamped to Antagnod. Is it worth the drive up to Brusson, or is the best bet just o get another cappuccino and wait? Wind is forecast to die off a little but I'm not sure it'll be enough
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Done a few runs from Punta Jolanda, now on second cappuccino at Mongenrot. Shame as it's a beautiful day. Wind supposed to get better this afternoon.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
All lifts on champoluc side open now with the exception of the col. not a bad result considering the situation an hour ago
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I searched for a 17/18 thread but could not find one. Is anyone out in the Monterosa now or been there recently?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Another call for updates on conditions please if anyone is there? Especially in the Alagna valley.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looks pretty snowy on the webcams. Technology, y’know?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We were there at the end of January and the locals were groaning at the prospect of more snow. There were huge amounts of snow then, in all areas and great off piste, so I'm told. Im strictly on piste. I've been watching the forecasts and temperatures, which have stayed low, and with more snow for this weekend , I'm sure conditions will be fabulous.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
we are out for a week 3.3-10.3 and my brother who lives in Aberdeen, which as any fule knos is colder than the alps worries he'll be chilly.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
After 4 bluebird days, snowed all day today, same forecast for tomorrow. The (usually wrong) forecast we've been using thinks temps will plummet and it's not exactly t-shirt weather this week. Pistes are in still in great condition though.

Hope you get good conditions when you get here.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@under a new name, you may intercept the Gressoney bash crew in that case; best keep yer head down Wink
snow report
@Sharkymark, I have been keeping my head down over that snowHead

Up for giggles of course Twisted Evil
latest report
@under a new name, my memory is hazy from the 2006 PSB or whichever one it was but I think I’d just about be able to pick you out from the crowd Wink
snow conditions
Back on topic:

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Gressoney/snow-report
Quote:
Snow Forecast User Report: Snowing at a moderate rate in Gressoney-la-Trinite. Just a light breeze today. Cold. The new snow is ankle deep. Lifts are all open. Piste snow conditons are fair. The off-piste has variable snow conditions.
latest report
Just had five days in Gressoney-la-Trinité. Lovely piste conditions, off piste ok. Last two days got breezy and light snow. Would highly recommend our accommodation in Staffal, le Marmotte, right next to the lifts, covered parking plus spacious and clean. Not cheap.
ski holidays
Anyone know what conditions are like in Alagna now? Thanks
snow report
@moseyp, firm & chalky on the usual side piste. Y can find powder if you are further off.
latest report
thanks @under a new name, yikes I just noticed about 85cm (snow and rain) due next weekend
snow conditions
@moseyp - I was out there a week ago. Slopes are all in good shape, I was mainly off-piste with guides. Some superb powder around. Was lucky enough to try this... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

http://youtube.com/v/eJ8lP90xQjE
snow conditions
Lots more videos here
https://www.facebook.com/jamesorrheliski/videos/1639237752825751/

Bloody brilliant weekend!
snow conditions
thanks @iainm
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy