Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo boarder looking for group

Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone,

Since this is my first post let me introduce myself. I am Harry (24yo). I live in London and I am an advanced (I assume) snowboarder.
I am looking to go on a 8-10 day trip in a European destination (probably Austria as I have been to France resorts many times and Switzerland is a bit more expensive) either during the end of December or start of January.
My only requirement is fresh powder so I can start boarding off-piste a bit (probably somewhere with intermediate off-piste runs and guides around?).
I have been looking both for all-inclusive holidays (got my own gear) or trying to plan something on my own but with no success. No matter how many times I have travelled alone abroad when it comes to snow trips I just can't do it Confused
Is anyone going on a trip (taking into account the above) during those dates and has a free slot in his group?
If not, can you please guide me a bit on how to go about booking my holidays? I am completely lost.

Thanks a lot! Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@oldboy, Welcome to Snowheads

Have you looked at https://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/activities/winter/snowboarding looks like it would be ideal for a Singles holiday if you don't want to go it alone in a chalet.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the quick reply. I will have a look into that. I would rather find a group but going alone is an option too Neh Neh
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I went on an UCPA trip last year alone. I met loads of people and spent the week skiing off-piste.

Id defiantly recommend
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can see they only do France but apart from that it looks exactly like what I am after. The only thing is that there is no transport included from what I can see. Do they at least provide transfers from the airport or something?

@Jason123
Any other info that could be handy taking into account your previous trip?

EDIT: I just realised they do transfers from airport to resort. So that is sorted Neh Neh
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I did the off piste specific week.

I had a group of 6(2 English) and we didn't ski a single piste all week. We effectively had a guide all week and covered avalanche reacue techniques in the evenings.

The transfer is really simple, they text you with times and location of where to meet.

What dates are you looking at going? I'm also looking at doing a similar holiday. 24yo in exactly the same position
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The one I was looking at right now was the advanced off-piste at Argentiere between 01/01/2017 - 07/01/2017.
I was planning on going either for Christmas or new year so just picked that because it was cheaper Neh Neh (especially the flights)

sounds like a great solution to all my requirements really. It would be great if you could join too!

Q: Do you board 6 days out of 7? I want to spend maximum amount of time on my board, not that much into socials etc Neh Neh
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
check out snowdisciples or billy snow mates on face book. both run trips mainly for singles and the constant chat on facebook means you'll get to know people before you go away. snowdisciples probably has the better standard of riders.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks eddiethebus. I will check that one out too when I am off work. I should have signed up on snowheads earlier. So much info google couldn't provide me with Neh Neh Stupid search engines!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Harry,
We have a great group of 20 going for a trip to Tignes 8th - 15th January 2017, more predominantly skiers but always have a few boarders joins us which we are more than happy to have! Would be the right sort of ability level I beleive, let me know if you want some more information or to have a chat?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hey Ruggers,
I might show a slight preference towards the Argentiere option just because of the dates. However, I will send you a message after work to give me some more info if that's alright.
Thank you snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Harry, no problem at all, just give me a shout if you want more information!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@jason123,
I forgot to ask what ages and level where the people you did board with last time?

What do you think about the dates?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's in a French/Swiss ski area (Portes du Soleil) but Onyx do brilliant camps in January.
https://onyxsnowboarding.com/
I've used them when preparing for snowboard exams and they are brill.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hi @@247snowman,

looks like a good option as well. Only downside is that the soonest available is on the 14/1 which is a bit too late :/
Will bookmark the page for the future though Smile thanks!
ski holidays
So I just booked the trip to Argentiere between 1 and 7 Jan. It seemed to be like the most suitable for what I was going for. thanks @RichClark for the suggestion!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy