Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andorra: cheap lift tickets?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there,

Travelling to Andorra for a course Dec 4-17. The snow looks quite poor, with only 6 trails open. Given the lousy conditions, are there any discounts to be had on lift tickets?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I fully expect that there will be a great deal more than that open for next weekend, which is the Spanish early December bank holiday that acts as the starting pistol for the season on the southern side of the Pyrenees and is of huge financial importance to the industry. The temperatures are low and Andorra has amongst the best snowmaking in the Pyrenees and hence the world. (No exaggeration.)

Pre-booking a course for Dec 4 is a huge risk almost anywhere in Europe. (In the Alps, precious few places will even be open; Spain and Andorra make much more of an effort due to said bank holiday.) But the early season is looking very promising indeed with plenty of cold weather, so I think your gamble will pay off! (That's assuming it's not an off-piste course that you've booked Razz)

You can follow along with (and hopefully contribute on!) the Pyrenees Snow Report here on sH.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you! You're right that it's usually risky to book any skiing in December. But because Andorra's the only place that runs the Canadian level 3 exam in December, and I really wanted to get a jump on the season, I decided to risk it. Oh well; we'll see what happens.

Are there places that sell discounted lift tickets in Europe? Or do you have to buy them from the resort?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Where in andorra are you going?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Grandvalira, expect to ski 12 days
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No sooner said than happens: Grandvalira have announced that they're opening 147 km this weekend Happy

metaphor_ wrote:
But because Andorra's the only place that runs the Canadian level 3 exam in December, and I really wanted to get a jump on the season, I decided to risk it.

Right, I guess they offer the course on those dates because they know that they'll typically be one of the few large resorts open in Europe to be able to do it! They know that it's one of their strengths. Whilst in general terms it's a gamble to book in Europe on those dates, I have to say that Grandvalira usually does us all proud.

I don't think there's anywhere to buy cheaper lift passes (that's a North American thing mainly, I think). Twelve days will cost you €498, but for the next couple of weeks the season pass will cost €610 for any-day skiing and €490 for Monday-to-Friday skiing, so it might work out better to buy the season pass, depending on your plans.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It looks like things have turned out great Smile Thanks for the info! They seemed to have gotten serious all at once for the Spanish holiday.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't forget to keep us updated on the Pyrenees Snow Report thread that I linked to above wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
K will do.

Any info on good bootfitters in Andorra? I went to the ski shop across the street from the cheese/ham/booze/cigarette shop in El tarter, and was thoroughly unimpressed (guy couldn't make any changes to my liners, didn't know how to do a shell fit). But I imagine there are well trained fitters nearby?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yeah, thay's not a real ski shop (though no doubt you could pick up a bargain if you know what you're looking for). Almost anywhere else would be better. I got a particular recommendation for an ex-racer in Sant Julià de Lòria - check out this thread
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy