Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aldi ski gear Sun 27 Nov

Poster: A snowHead
Not listed yet but it should be here:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/specialbuys/dates/sunday-27th-november/c/2016-11-27

Brochures available in store now.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll sweat Aldi used to have all their Special Buys up on their website a couple of weeks ahead, currently it seems to be a matter of a few days.

Anything look 'interesting' in the brochure? Last year I had a rummage but nothing took my fancy enough to overcome my "do I really need it?" sensible head.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Eagerly awaiting to see what they have although all I think I need is some more of their socks. Everything will be available for online ordering tomorrow with free returns.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
All the usual stuff at similar prices plus a 4K helmet cam with wifi and 32GB card for £49.99

Click image for more info

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 23-11-16 17:45; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lidl on the same day I think though their range seems to have shrunk and become even more soft goods e.g. dropped their excellent goggles and balaclavas
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Usual Merino Base layers? Need a couple of tops for skiing/cycling
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Merino base layers (£14.99) now have colours (and stripes!) instead of the original black. New this year is a merino mid-layer top (or heavy base layer) for £19.99.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They're now online, but really disappointing range. None of the nice leather gloves from last year, nor the more expensive socks, nor any compression base layers.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Is the online offer inline with what will be in store..? No merino/silk socks....good thing I have a dozen pairs!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Really really disappointing!! Those ski socks with silk in were amazing! Was hoping to pick up a few more pairs of them!

They seem to have ditched the 'pro' range which is a shame too
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
lidls offer looks V. poor...

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?id=1005
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
albob wrote:

Is a snowboard helmet different to a skiing helmet?

Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Layne wrote:

Puzzled Puzzled

Yes - it's tougher as it gets more impacts snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Layne wrote:
albob wrote:

Puzzled Puzzled

Are snowboard impacts different to ski impacts? Direction of fall maybe? rolling eyes
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Looks like a lot of the Aldi Merino stuff has sold out online. Hate the stores, but might have to venture into one Sad
latest report
skidoodle wrote:
Looks like a lot of the Aldi Merino stuff has sold out online. Hate the stores, but might have to venture into one Sad

I suspect it is not 'live' yet -- check again on Sunday
ski holidays
I can't even comprehend the shame of food shopping at lidl/aldi, let alone allow my brain to consider the wretchedness of actually venturing onto the sacred slopes dressed in their "ski wear".

*shudders*
snow report
albob wrote:
skidoodle wrote:

OK thanks @albob, not a regular shopper with Aldi so wasn't aware of that. I have some of their merino base layers from last year and was very impressed.

For those that wish to be brand snobs - their choice, and hurrah, hopefully then all the more stock in Aldi etc for those of us who prefer to judge something by how it performs rather than the name on it.

Very Happy
ski holidays
^^ Plus 1
latest report
Opened this thread quite excitedly only to find disappointment in the range on offer, wonder why they've dropped the 'pro' range? Really good ski trousers and was Planning on getting my youngling new ones from there Sad

Also concur with the base layer comments, have merino and compression ones, both have served very well snowHead
latest report
albob wrote:
skidoodle wrote:

It seems to be live, I just ordered a pair of blue ski trousers to see what they are like although they won't ship until the Sunday 'live' date. Maybe the merino stuff got snapped up quickly on line if its that good.
latest report
When I asked them on twitter when the ski special buys is on they gave me too dates on was this Sunday and the other was I think 1st weekend on January so maybe that's when they will release the better stuff
snow report
Yes, I'm ashamed to admit that we save a fortune by shopping at Lidl and Aldi and by wearing their biking togs. I'm very much aware that filling the car with Lidl's Perlenbacher beer (in Germany last January) at €0.54 for half a litre (or €0.29 if I take the empties back next year, and cash in the deposits) brings shame on the family. Toofy Grin

I really wish I could bring myself to shop at M & S and spend far less time on the slopes. wink
snow report
I'm also ashamed that our regular shopping bill has dropped from about £150 (Sainsbury's) to about £90 by buying all the shameful products from the unmentionable store that begins with an A since it opened its new store 1/2 mile from our house in the spring just gone. I shudder at all that money I now have for other things. I also hate the fact that most of the stuff we have bought from there also seems to taste a lot better Puzzled
And before anyone says that I must live in a poor area because we now have this store, just another 1/2 mile away we have an M&S food supermarket as well as a Waitrose.
snow report
daveqpr,

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
@daveqpr, same here in every way. I hang my head in shame. 😔
snow report
scotspikey wrote:
I can't even comprehend the shame of food shopping at lidl/aldi, let alone allow my brain to consider the wretchedness of actually venturing onto the sacred slopes dressed in their "ski wear".

*shudders*

Do you wear Waitrose instead ?

rolling eyes
snow conditions
Arriving at Aldi at 10:15 this morning, I couldn't help but notice how busy the car park was. Was I too late???
I chucked the trolley token to my partner and abandoned her at the entrance as I hot stepped it to the end of aisle 2, following the golden arrows suspended from the ceiling, guiding me to the "seasonal special buys". As I turned the final corner, my fears were realised. The swarm had already descended. A powerful matriarch at its centre, commanding her troops. Terrified men emptied the cages of goodies into her fleet of trolleys so that she may then inspect their offerings and decide if they were pleasing to her. Shivering children were commanded to try on each outfit only to be commanded to get the next size up. Unsuitable offerings were cast into the vegetable aisle.
I could feel a hundred pairs of eyes upon me as I side stepped into range of the merino base layers. One word from the matriarch and I could have been torn limb from limb. I took my chance, grabbed two base layers and ran for safety.

Till next year!! snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@letsgetpiste,

Approx 50+ people queued outside our local Aldi at 9:50 this morning. Talk about swarm of locusts. Obviously some very practiced people there lining their trolleys up behind them to stop others getting to goods. One couple managed to stand completely in front of the Merino base layers not letting anyone else get at them until they had finished sorting through all of them. Rush all over by 10:45 with the staff then having tidy up a complete mess.
latest report
Got myself fully kitted out this morning. Yes, the locusts were in but we have 2 Aldi s less than 2miles apart. Got most of what I wanted in the first one and nipped in the second and picked up some ski pants in my size.
Maybe not as amazing quality as other places (or even compared to previous years offerings) but I'm on a diet having lost 2 stone (with another couple to go) so they don't have to last that long. For the money therefore, I'm quite chuffed.

Noticed they had helmets and goggles in there too. Anyone know if they are any good?
snow conditions
@letsgetpiste, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
The merino base layers were the only thing to be sold out within 15 minutes, do wonder if some EBay seller had taken them all
snow report
Picked up some merino base layers at Hemel for me and my son. The hats were more of interest to gathered matriarchs it seemed. Worn one today umpiring Hockey, seems really good for the money with more normal length arms than the last one I got, (which were v short)
snow conditions
For all my poor attempts at trolling. I spent 40 quid in aldi today, couple of base layers, couple of tops and some gloves. Bargain! Embarassed
snow report
@scotspikey, £40!! You must have taken home most of the shop for that much.
snow conditions
@SnoodyMcFlude,
Family in front of us at check out spent £325. Looked like they kitted out a family of 4. Would have cost them a whole lot more anywhere else.
snow report
I kitted out my kids ready for their first trip on real snow. oh the shame of having kids that look cool a.f.

Very Happy [/img]
latest report
scotspikey wrote:
For all my poor attempts at trolling. I spent 40 quid in aldi today, couple of base layers, couple of tops and some gloves. Bargain! Embarassed

Had a feeling it was a deliberate wind up
snow report
Picked up socks, several pairs of gloves to to do me the next few months, and a pair of salopettes for teaching in.
latest report
£60 lighter courtesy of Mr Aldi - refreshed the kids backup sallies, and some thermal bits.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy