Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grand Massif 2016/2017 snow report, Les Carroz, Flaine, Samoens, Morillon & Sixt

Poster: A snowHead
Also arriving on 21/01/17 - updates and piccys please if any of you have time....this is my second favourite week of the year, the week before a ski holiday especially when there's fresh snow to get giddy about Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Massive dump in morillon today.

Had over a foot in the last 12 hours

latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks everyone for the updates been really really helpful. I'm off to LC 05/02. HOPE we have more of what you got now. I'll be sure to update when I there too
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Kai Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
To be fair, a foot in an hour is not a massive dump.

But very welcome nonetheless...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Saw report Flaine had 100cm since yesterday. Anyone confirm?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How's Gers shaping up?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We arrive on the 21st also - was there last January, love Flaine its a great place thanks for the updates everyone.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Massive is relative to the complete and utter lack of snow that was there.

My first time on a mountain, so I apologize for my lack of context Embarassed
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Arrived in Flaine last night. Took 1.5 hours to get up mountain but that was a lot less time than others I have spoken to today. -13C at bottom of DMC at 9.30 this morning, brilliant blue sky. There must have been about 60cm of snow at resort level yesterday. Being my first day this season stayed mainly on piste, where the conditions were wonderful. A lot of the pistes were closed and I noticed that there were no piste bashers on the mountain at about 10.00 last night. The links opened at about 10.30 and there was a significant amount of extra traffic coming into the bowl down Tourmaline. Went up to Grands Vans and down Portets to look at the new Tete des Saix chair. Queued to get on it for about 10 minutes and it then went at a snail's pace all the way to the top - the old 2 man chairs it has replaced were much quicker. I think this was the first day it was running so there would appear to have been teething problems.

Had lunch in Samoens (l'Aero) and then headed back to Flaine as the weather started to close in. By 3pm it started to snow very lightly and by 6.00 it was snowing steadily, if not heavily. Has now stopped. They need to get more of the pistes bashed to preserve the snow that fell yesterday - despite the snow there were a few patches where the grass was showing through by the end of the day. Looking forward to more of the same tomorrow.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks Chris. Sounds ace. Have they got staff and equipment ready to bash paste? Hopefully it will come together. We head out to LC 5th Feb going to be interested to see how develops weather and operations.

Have a blast!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Seems odd that after a really good dump they only have about have the runs open. Have they run out of money on account of the very poor start to the season? Or am I being impatient....?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Superb day in the Grand Massif 15th Jan. Started in LC, moved onto F, then Sam, then Morillon, then back to LC all on-piste, the only Q all day was Flaine DMC at about 10.15. Piste conditions everywhere I went were great. L'Igloo lunch was a lovely again.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Chris Mason, random question but how did you get back up from l'aero lift wise? Where from/to?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
First ski of the season yesterday, but cut short by a broken binding, big hats off to the Lifties and Sécurité de Piste guys for their help in getting me back to Samoens, they were superb.
The limited skiing I did was fantastic, on piste snow conditions were excellent, I will hopefully cover a bit more ground today.
snow report
I think that the GM management may have laid off too many people. They're advertising for lift operators on their FB page.
ski holidays
For those who are out for a weekend, Day pass for 29CHF:
https://www.buyclub.ch/geneva/

I have not tried it yet - plan to do so tomorrow for the weekend.
ski holidays
@Freestyle, There is an exit route at the back of L'Aero that crosses a drag lift. Ski to bottom of drag (not far) and take it to the top of 1600. Ski down to Chariande Express. Take it up to Tete de Sais and go anywhere from there.
snow report
Can anyone tell me why so few runs are open in flaine after the big old dump of snow they have had? Is it because of the avalanche risk? Or just still not enough snow?
snow conditions
@ian999, cheers Ian - this is the drag that I think they are planning to replace when the new slopes are carved out...
ski holidays
ringingmaster wrote:

Thanks our group has done this for our upcoming trip.

It is max 2 per account but we created multiple accounts to buy >2
snow conditions
@Freestyle, I think thats right.
ski holidays
luked wrote:
Can anyone tell me why so few runs are open in flaine after the big old dump of snow they have had? Is it because of the avalanche risk? Or just still not enough snow?

We're arriving on Saturday and I'm still hoping a bigger proportion of the resort will be open by then...
latest report
In Flaine at moment enjoying a very sunny south facing apartment in Terrasse D'Eos - my view for what its worth. There are not that many staff on the ground. Snow park shut and not been touched or prepared. There seems to be plenty of snow in my opinion from the dump over the weekend. We arrived Saturday and hit the slopes Sunday morning. We were very surprised to see a board of red lights !!! The resort was very busy with weekenders and the open pistes are getting hard packed again. Just looking out over the Flaine bowl from our room and there are no lights off the piste bashers as there are no piste bashers out ! Today (Tuesday) the pistes were much quieter and we enjoyed some tranquil blues and reds but still lots that havent yet opened or are taped off. On the brighter side there's lots of powder still to be found off the runs. C'mon Flaine get the place sorted. Ive always fancied driving a piste basher if they need volunteers ! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Thanks very much for the update, much appreciated!! Haha me too, got a excavator licence so might just come early and take one out for a joyride Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@boarderpatrol, stayed there over Christmas. Very nice accommodation indeed.

I'm amazed that they've only opened 2 more pistes since then. Fortunately for you one of them is directly outside the the back of the apartment.
snow report
is the link to to flain open yet/ can you ski there from the rest of the GM or do you have to drive to flaine?

like everyone im constantly checking reports and it seems at the moment there is no snow forecast until the middle of middle of next week now Sad
snow report
@Ian_86, the link is open. Has been for a few days now.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Slowly, more pistes are getting opened. I don't understand why there are so few piste bashers out at night, most unusual. Skied down to Vercland yesterday, do-able but quite a few stones on the piste so had to go carefully. The main pistes that are open are in very good condition and with the low temperatures this should be the case going forward. Temp at bottom of DMC at 9.30 yesterday morning -16C, -8C at 2pm. BRRRRRR! Aujon area of the Flaine bowl still not open, they were pisting it yesterday morning but no sign of the drag opening yet. There is a rumour that Gers and Cascades will open this weekend, I spoke to someone last night who went int the bowl and skied down to Sixt with a guide and she said it as in good condition. Looking forward to going into the bowl when the drg out is open.
snow report
Cheers Chris! Hmmm could be as simple as mechanical breakdown...... I've had 6 machines on hire and 4 of them have been out of use all at once, plus guess the parts/staff are in shorter supply in them eh hills!!
ski holidays
Bus service is running like clockwork 😆
latest report
charltonfan1 wrote:
ringingmaster wrote:

I am travelling over for a week Ski trip in March.

Buying these ski passes would save around 75 Euro for me for the week.

Do you think that it would be possible to sign up and buy more of these codes on different accounts but then use the codes from the different accounts on the same ski pass each day of the week??

It says on 2 per account and i am wondering if that then means only 2 maximum for ski pass.

My hope would be that you could buy 6 codes and just charge the same pass with a different code each day.

Any thoughts??
snow report
stewwrlfc wrote:
charltonfan1 wrote:
ringingmaster wrote:

SNIP

I was able to order 4 days worth over two buyclub accounts using a different email address and credit card (Just did this in case, you might get away with using same credit card).

I don't know how it will work and can't test it until Friday. At worst if you can only load 2 days of these Discounted days onto each pass then i am just going to buy multiple empty passes per person
ski holidays
charltonfan1 wrote:
stewwrlfc wrote:
charltonfan1 wrote:
ringingmaster wrote:

SNIP

I was able to order 4 days worth over two buyclub accounts using a different email address and credit card (Just did this in case, you might get away with using same credit card).

I don't know how it will work and can't test it until Friday. At worst if you can only load 2 days of these Discounted days onto each pass then i am just going to buy multiple empty passes per person

Sounds like a good idea.

I have never been here so I assume then that the ski pass doesnt have your name or details on then so there would be no way of matching the name on the code to a name on the pass?

I am going to register a few accounts tonight then and order multiple codes. It will be a very nice saving for the week!
ski holidays
Hi!! Anyone watching this going to be in Flaine 4th - 11th March?
ski holidays
Chris Mason wrote:
... There is a rumour that Gers and Cascades will open this weekend, I spoke to someone last night who went int the bowl and skied down to Sixt with a guide and she said it as in good condition. Looking forward to going into the bowl when the drg out is open.

I have skied in Grand Massif quite a few time, but have never been to Gers due to the lift not being open.
I am out for this weekend + Monday. I was not planning on bringing the avi gear but will do if Gers may be open.

Is it classified as 'off piste', or an itinerary black?
latest report
Some activity at the entrance to Cascades this afternoon. Fingers crossed they will open it tommorrow. I really need some new runs to destroy Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Gonna put a suggestion into the GM team. They need a drag system to get from the top of DMC to Cascade. Pushing a board is not my idea of fun. They have one in La Plagne on Levasset. Dead handy when you hit a flat zone.
snow report
I can remember that flat part being like that since I was a kid!
snow conditions
@boarderpatrol, just the kind of person I've been looking to speak to! If it is open when I come is the cascades worth doing as a snowboarder? If so are there any bits where u have to really maintain speed for the flats?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy