Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grand Massif 2016/2017 snow report, Les Carroz, Flaine, Samoens, Morillon & Sixt

Poster: A snowHead
@macauc01, Arriving the 14th? Perfect, get the snow chains looked out. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gondola, 2 chairs & 1 button open from tomorrow, giving 2 red/blue routes from 1800m down to 1200m and 300m vertical blue to Molliets/Carroz 1500 all on artificial snow.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skied Samoens today. Dahu was ok, although the second steep section after the lake was ICY. Switched to Marmottes then, which was in decent nick, but by PM, lot of little stones visible - didn't really affect the skiing, but made you realise how thin things are.

No links open which was a shame, but I heard there was a couple of runs in morillon worth a crack at.

The recent snow has made it look like a ski resort, but a lot more is needed to get the job done and turn it into one and get those links open.

Good news is there seems to be snow forecast next week. Snowing on my way home tonight, but probably a dusting rather than anything substantial.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Confirmation of additional pistes and lifts open from today, along with a new lift pass price.

Full details here http://winter.grand-massif.com/news/GMInfo
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There was some good snow in Les Carroz last night, spent today in Flaine which had a good 10-15+ cm of new snow, just deep enough to do some off piste sections which were fantastic. More snow confidently forecast for Tuesday with a possible larger fall towards the end of the week. Things are really looking up.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Seahoob - now that has made me smile, thank you for the update. Arriving on 12th for a long weekend. Am really hoping to ski locally in LC. But also really don't want to have to put snow chains on at 6:30pm as I head up from my the motorway.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Likewise, thanks @Seahoob; we're off for a long weekend, landing on evening of the 11th, so glad it's perking up; keep the update coming! Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Are tickets now being freely sold? Or still restricted?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Skiied morillon and bits of somoens today, there's plenty open to keep us as beginners busy.

The lift in morillon looked like it was shutting about 3:40 today as the blue back to the village was getting pretty icy.

Can't give you a proper report as it's my first trip on proper snow so nowt to compare it to but it's bloody good fun.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Skied Flaine today , snow conditions surprisingly good and sun shine and blue sky's all day.
Still no links open and won't be happening this week , more new snow needed to make this happen .
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Anyone any idea if they are likely to get links open next week?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@macauc01, I guess it all depends how much of the forecasted snow actually falls. I am sure if there is enough cover to get it opened up they will try their best. They announced the additional piste/lift openings and tariff changes on Saturday with a Sunday start day after last weeks small amount of snow so perhaps they may do something similar this weekend?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Any update on snow conditions today. Looks like it has snowed all day from the web cams but looks like only about 5cm or so. Hopefully much more to come over the next few days.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another 15 cm in Les Carroz today, hooray! I was up in Flaine all day where it started snowing at 9am and is still snowing now (6 pm). LC really looks like a ski resort and there is another forecast for decent snow on Thursday night into Friday.
Can't say which pistes are open, because I've been blindly following a lunatic in an orange jacket who does not seem to go on them much!
I can say off piste conditions are really improving. @cham08, @maidstone98, and @Cheesie168, you can relax there is enough snow for the moment. Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for the update. I am not out until next weekend so hopefully all the forecast snow materialises. Just want the links between the resorts to open up. Enjoy the powder
snow report
Amazing - thanks Seahoob. Be interested to see if they have opened the links between resorts; my mate who came back this week and who has a place over there said he'd be staggered if they weren't opened this week.
snow report
Thinking about heading over tomorrow as I have a few hours in Cluses, sounds unlikely that Les Carroz & Flaine will be linked though - is that right?
snow report
@moseyp, I recommend you download the 'Grand Massif official' app, where you can see the real time situation of which lifts and pistes are currently open.
snow report
@moseyp, I'm by no means an expert on the area but I would've thought that it may still need a bit more snow, followed by a fair bit of Piste preparation before they get the links open? My guess is still Sunday for any additional openings, funnily enough my first day on the hill. Very Happy

I'm sure that tomorrow could still be a good day out whether the links are open or not. Let us know how you get on.
snow conditions
@mikeycharlton, thanks tried the app but it's not clear what is open tonight or tomorrow

Anyone know if the tete des seix has been open?

@Garioch, are you familiar with the area? is Les Carroz any use for a day skiing if I can't get over to Flaine? I have a whole day to kill in Cluses so I'd like to find the best possible skiing in the area but I'm not familiar with it
snow report
Also will I need snowchains for either Les Carroz or Flaine?
latest report
I'd be surprised if the link between samoens and morillon weren't skiiable, if not properly open tomorrow.

Some of the closed, unpisted blues in morillon today were just covered in powder.

First time I've experienced the stuff, seems a bloody shame to piste it!
latest report
moseyp wrote:
@mikeycharlton, thanks tried the app but it's not clear what is open tonight or tomorrow

Anyone know if the tete des seix has been open?

@Garioch, are you familiar with the area? is Les Carroz any use for a day skiing if I can't get over to Flaine? I have a whole day to kill in Cluses so I'd like to find the best possible skiing in the area but I'm not familiar with it

Have you clicked in the button that gives you the live status?

The ones which are currently orange will be green at 9am tomorrow.

Tete des seix looks like it's still closed (as in hasn't opened at all yet this season), but with the current snowfall it's worth checking tomorrow just in case.
latest report
@mikeycharlton, can't see a live status option, last update it says was 4.21pm

So does that mean the red won't be open tomorrow?

Thanks, I suspect I'll have to just call the tourist offices in the morning and make a call then
snow conditions
moseyp wrote:
@mikeycharlton, can't see a live status option, last update it says was 4.21pm

So does that mean the red won't be open tomorrow?

Thanks, I suspect I'll have to just call the tourist offices in the morning and make a call then

click on the piste map and then some icons will appear at the bottom. You want to select the one which is half green/ half red.

It will then become quite obvious what is or isn't open.

But yea, a current red more than likely suggests that it will still be closed tomorrow, however with all the current snowfall things could quickly change. So check it at 9am in the morning.
ski holidays
@moseyp, I know my way about the Massif Area quite well but as I said I am by no means expert or importantly not on site for accurate updates on the conditions. Just sitting at home looking forward to coming out at the weekend.

@mikeycharlton, has covered it and if you have the day free then fresh snow in all areas will make for a good day out I am sure. Have fun..
ski holidays
@Seahoob, many thanks for the update. LC looking lovely on the webcams today. Off to watch Youtube videos on how to put on snow chains. While I want more snow, selfishly I'd rather it arrived after 7pm tomorrow, once I am in the village Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Cheesie168 have a go at fitting before you have to, some are a bit of a faff until you have done it a couple of times with cold wet hands cos you forgot the gloves...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Links between Samoëns, Les Carroz and Morillon have just opened. Going home tomorrow morning Sad
snow report
Great news, thanks outsidehalf10 - hope you had a good time and thanks for the info. We land tonight and cannot wait
latest report
harrim51 wrote:
Cheesie168 have a go at fitting before you have to, some are a bit of a faff until you have done it a couple of times with cold wet hands cos you forgot the gloves...

Thanks - sadly is a hire car, so no chance. Have fitted a few sets in the long distant past. Will pack a head torch and my marigolds and a plastic bag to kneel on. I am confident that 4 determined women will get it done!
snow conditions
Nice day here in Flaine today; links to Les Carroz shut again which is a bit annoying. Snowing nicely now outside albeit wind is getting up - hope the wind doesn't mean a score of lift closures tomorrow.

Ol
snow report
@maidstone98, your snow is falling as rain in Les Carroz Crying or Very sad Hopefully it will turn to snow as the night cools. The good news is I have a guide in Flaine for tomorrow so it could be a fantastic day Very Happy
latest report
Seahoob wrote:
@maidstone98, your snow is falling as rain in Les Carroz Crying or Very sad

Hopefully not for too long?
ski holidays
Hopefully conditions will continue to improve and all will be good for our arrival on the 28th!
snow conditions
Light dusting of snow in Samoens village this morning and snowing at the moment. I can hear them blasting this morning on the mountain.
The forecast is for snow all day , so should make a big difference to the conditions, no skiing for me today as I have work to do in the appartement but I will let you know what the conditions are like as soon as I can get up there.
snow conditions
Great conditions today - powder everywhere due to the significant snowfall. Quite a few lifts shut as high winds and tricky visibility, but great runs in Flaine for those that were open.
ski holidays
Just got up and been outside with the dog, the snow is too deep for her to walk in, must be well over a foot deep and that is down in Samoens village. It is still snowing lightly.

Conditions up the mountain should be brilliant, unfortunately I have not finished my work yet so probably will not ski until tomorrow.
snow conditions
Lots and lots of snow now in LC. Lovely, if not cold intor for my friends yesterday. Links closed yesterday due to wind. Due to open today but will need to check. Not all pistes / chairs /drags open yesterday - Lou Darbes, Zorta etc still shut. Hoping that that the piste bashers were out last night
ski holidays
Coming here on the 21/01/17, been coming now 12 years on the trot! Love it
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy