Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing Price Per Person???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We booked half term (18 - 25th Feb) through TO to avoid the hassle (Hopefully) - 4* hotel half board, flights, transfers, ski passes, ski hire, boots for 2 of us, came to £3500 for 3 of us. Really don't fancy the drive.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@skilass, That sounds about right according to my guess of £1100 pp. Then you can probably add another £150-£200pp on top of that for lunches, coffees, drinks etc.(depending upon age/apetite/thirst)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As a rule of thumb, for what you have asked to be included, I would say a good price at any time (most likely to be early season, January after new year, or end of season in April) would be £100-£130 per full ski day in good weather and snow conditions.

Over the last 22 years I will have paid between £50 - £180 per full ski day (average cost per holiday), not all of which will have been in good weather but most were in good ski conditions (i.e. plenty of snow, usually because of high altitude or last minute booking or travel).

I have been looking currently at Sweden and Norway, and checking out youth hostel prices (due to snow conditions there). In ARE for example it costs £63 per night just for the accomodation in January, which is rather expensive compared to Zermatt youth hostel (which I thought was expensive).

In February half term, I have skied well within this range (however a long time ago). It was a good deal at that time too, so shop around.

Your deal of £116 per full ski day may not be in full ski day snow conditions due to the end of season booking. The snow is likely to be very wet and slushy in the afternoons, and hard and icy in the mornings. Having said that, you may get some sunbathing if that is your bag. I remember a week in Courcheval which had such conditions, and some days you could ski in your shorts and t-shirts.

This thread has many more opinions on this topic:

www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=127289&highlight=

Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bigtipper wrote:
I have been looking currently at Sweden and Norway, and checking out youth hostel prices (due to snow conditions there). In ARE for example it costs £63 per night just for the accomodation in January, which is rather expensive compared to Zermatt youth hostel (which I thought was expensive)

Looking at skistar.se, for a week this January you can stay in Åre (Tegelfjäll, Duved, or Björnen) for Euro 23-30 per night for a whole apartment, including bed linen/towel.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Half term flying Heathrow to Munich, train transfer, 4* hotel half board, lift passes. Austria. £950 PP
TO equivalent holiday is £1400 (same hotel, worse room).

Easter flying Soton to Munich, car hire, 4* hotel half board, lift passes. Austria again. £830 PP
TO equivalent holiday is £1300 (similar hotel).

2 Adults, 2 kids.
Calculated using 1 Euro = 85p
Easter kids lift passes are free.
Mrs M is XC so no lift pass required.
Ski carriage included in DIY prices, excluded from TO prices.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
blahblahblah wrote:
http://www.skibeat.co.uk/ski-chalet-holidays/half-term-ski-deals?gclid=CIi74N_pudACFRG6GwodKEoNHw

so £1100-£1500 seems the right price , catered, with flights.

or £350, self catering and driving.

User chooser.

£1500!!! Shocked That's about my pp budget for the whole season! Madeye-Smiley
(~50 days skiing not 5)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Its a shame some of us are stuck with half term dates (teachers) and live in the north (a killer drive)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Last Feb (20th - 27th) we did catered chalet in L2A with Neilsons. For flights, transfers, accom+meals, equipment, passes and lessons for £839pp.

We did book late though, about 4 weeks before hand so got lucky.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Niederau - Austria

2 Adults 3 Children

Flights Dublin to Munich = £700
Transfer to and from resort =£260
Self Catering Apartment (300 metres from ski lift)= £730
Ski Hire for all = £185 (child hire free with each adult)
Lessons for kids (5 days) = £390
ski passes = £666 (youngest child free)

Total = £2931
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Its difficult to compare costs. Children are cheaper for ski hire, lessons etc. We have all our own equipment. My wife doesn't ski. We self-cater. Usually have some lessons or a guide for a few hours. However, DIY for 2 adults and 1 child we spend around £1500 for a week skiing in Sweden and £2000 to £2500 for a week in the Alps.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Unfortunately not going this Feb half terms as kids are at Uni & having a year off. However for several years we did it fairly cheaply by booking flights to Milan early (often going out on Friday or coming back on Sunday to keep the price down). Then we booked 7 nights in a hotel in the resort of our choice (loads within 2 hours of Milan) and bookended the holiday with Airbnb's or airport hotels to keep the price down). Italy is significantly cheaper than most French resorts particularly for things like eating and drinking on the mountain. We never spent more than £1k a head total cost and usually skied for 7 or 8 days. Could have cut costs further by booking self-catering a short drive from the resorts & not having a nice lunch on the mountain every day.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@BenTisdall, Where did you fly from? We want to have an Italian adventure.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wherever was cheapest & a reasonable drive. Did a comparison on travelsupermarket.com and/or Skyscanner & flew from heathrow, bristol & stansted at different times. One time we flew to Malpensa & back from Linate as it was £100 cheaper (and the car hire company allowed a different Milan return airport for no additional cost). I once worked out that if we'd flown from Exeter (our most local airport) to Geneva at the same times it would have cost £1300 more for the 4 of us. However for this coming Feb you have probably missed the cheaper fares now.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just under £800 inc flights, transfers, accomodation and ski pass (got gear) for 6 nights in Saalbach during feb half term. Can't chuffing wait to go to a good new area.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy