Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snoworks course: Off-Piste or All-Terrain?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have signed up for a Snoworks course in La Tania. I intended to sign up for the Off Piste course, but when the invoice arrived, I noticed that it said "All Terrain". Both courses are same place, same time.

I'm in two minds whether to get this corrected, or just go with it. I'm at the stage where I can ski pretty much anything pisted, but fall over a lot off-piste, or when it gets too bumpy. Would really like to get to the stage where I can have a go at ski-touring. Wondering if anyone has any advice or experiences to share?

Thanks,
Rob.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would have thought that the all terrain might be a better option for you
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Give them a call to discuss. I did a summer course with them and they were flexible to mix it up depending on who wants to do what on that day, provided they can make it work with the instructors and groups.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
'All Terrain' will include some off piste & bumpy stuff whilst 'off piste' is as much off piste as can be accessed safely.

I think you are on the correct course wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@stewart woodward, deja vu wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the advice, confirmed what I was thinking - reckon I'll stick with the all terrain.

And @GeorgeVII, apologies if I have offended by not finding that three year old post. Very informative, though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@robhogg, No worries there mate. You have somehow grasped the wrong end of an invisible stick.

Some background..... Stewart is a mate. My partner is also looking at doing the same course as you but in Tignes, so I had asked Stewart for his advice on which might be the more suitable option. (All Terrain or Off Piste)

Hence the "deja vu" comment wink

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 17-11-16 21:44; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
GeorgeVII wrote:
Stewart is a mate.

GeorgeVII is my supplier of Pork Pies when he visits during the season Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've done a few All Terrain courses with Snoworks, and I think the general aim is to do as much off piste skiing as possible, depending on the group ability and snow conditions. In the 'Level 4' groups there is usually a mix of skills development on piste and varying amounts of off piste (including itinerary runs if people are doing well) as well as steeps, bumps etc. The 'Level 5' groups (more experienced off-piste skiers) and above tend to do mostly off piste if conditions are favourable.

From your description of your skiing ability, I would have thought that the All Terrain course would be perfect for you. As others have already said, as long as it works with the group sizes there is usually quite a lot of flexibility during the week anyway, with people swapping between groups depending on how they are getting on and what they'd prefer to do.

Snoworks are fab, so you will have a great time!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@stewart woodward, @robhogg, . After a quick chat yesterday with the main man at snoworks (phone was on divert from the office) Claire has booked the All Terrain course as well. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Did a course a couple of years ago. They are flexible. I did an off-piste course and found that some people were mixing the two.

Does worry me booking off-piste weeks to find that the snow is poor/hard when i wished I had done an all-terrain. It is probably the best at your level. Tell them what you want out of the course and am sure they will oblige.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy