Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2 skiers/snb Les Menuires also with transport from Bham

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,
It's my first post here after a long long time Smile, however I'll do my best to make it a beginning of good and long relationship with whole SnowHeads society Smile
We have 8 people apartment booked in Reberty district of Les Menuires on dates January 7-14. Because of some weird reasons couple of our friends had to resign, and thanks to that I can offer here two available places.
First - what's included in basic price:
Sat to Sat accommodation in Les Chalets du Soleil, http://www.chaletsdusoleil.com/index_gb.cfm . I have been there in last season and honestly, that's the place I liked most from all I have visited by now. Very spacious an comfortable apartment with 3 double bedrooms ( 2 of them with ensuite), wifi, balcony, fully equipped kitchen, fireplace, locked skis storage with boot dryers, direct access onto slopes. There are also buses connecting REberty with Les Menuires centre until 11PM or so. We're happy to give one of them bedrooms if there is a couple joining us.
Whole 3 Valleys skipass for six days (starting Sunday, ending Friday).
Price is £315 per person.
We have also 2 spaces in my car available - big and comfy estate with roof box. The route starts from Stourbridge -> Birmingham -> M40 or M6 an M1 -> London -> Dover -> 3 Valleys. No problem with collecting anybody on the way.
Estimated cost per person for transport is £100.
Food is up to you, some prefer eating outside, others take all ingredients from home and do the cooking on the spot. Apartment is located so close to lifts that you can even have your lunch there if you prefer to. I personally prefer having just breakfast in apartment and maybe 1 or 2 dinners in whole trip, rest of them I have in my favourite Plan Bouchet restaurant in Orelle Valley. Just one request - on the way back please pack at least twice all french cheese Smile
If you would like to meet and discuss the matter first (see if I'm real and not a fraud), no problem, just I work pretty long hours (from 7am, finishing 6 or 6:30 PM), so any day later in the evening is fine for me. Weekends also ok, just please PM me first.
There are 4 skiers and 2 snowboarders going, 4 guys and 2 ladies, age 27-42 (more less Smile )
I'm maybe not a best skier but trying to improve something in my skills every year, with focus on off piste. If luckily somebody who would join us is offpiste maniac as well, I'll be more than happy to attack some powder together.

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ian. Maybe interested. Due to come back from Tignes on 7/1 but could be persuaded to stay extra week. Live in Evesham. 57 but fit and skied from Les M. several times. Only a single. PM me if you wish
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@IanG, Hi Ian, I'm really interested in this. Is there still a place available? I live up near Leeds but could get a lift or the train down to somewhere on your route. FYI I am a 33 year old intermediate skier.

Cheers

Chris
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Total cost is £415?

Very game if spaces still available. Did a season out of Reberty a few years ago and also an instructor so can help you out on technique!

Skier, 31.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Thedrewski, That's correct (estimated Wink ), £315 for accomodation and 6 day 3V skipass, plus estimated £100 for transport (depending on driving, but my car makes about 45-50mpg normally + ferry + french motorways). The price doesn't include food at all. There is Carrefour x2 in village centre easily accessible by bus in the evenings or skis/snb during day ( it's just matter of returning back to top of village by open lift).
However I spoke to both Mark and Chris already and I keep spaces for them. Chris is confirmed and still waiting for response from Mark. However however, there may be one more space, as one from other 4 people who come in second car wrote me last night, that because of some training at work he may be forced to stay in Poland. This means that there will be probably one space in car going through Geneva. To be confirmed in next couple of days though. Let's stay in touch. I'll ask them how much would it be for them for transfer from Geneva to Les Menuires.
ps. trying to be helpful to other folks on the forum, £315 is regular price for 7-14 January in 8pax apartment (345euro or so) Smile
These dates are really cheap, comparing to mid February or NY eve. Wouldn't mind if there is more of us going there from SnowHeads snowHead
Cheers
Ian
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Very good price this. How much is a 3V lift pass these days...somewhere north of £250?

Did you get some kind of accommodation/lift pass combo?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well, last year I was there with a really big group and we paid quite similar amount, or even less (stronger £), however I didn't book directly. I'm just guessing that second week of January is kind of gap between Christmas and New Year peak prices and winter holidays later in end of January/Feb. Prices at that time are rather similar to beginning and end of season than to middle of winter, sth. like freeski in Italy. Have a look at sites where they offer such deals, like snowtrex etc. it's quite noticeable trend.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's definitely one of the cheapest weeks.

In fact the website says that there is an additional discount on lift passes for that week, but no mention of exactly how much they are.

I suppose I could work out based on €345 X 8 - cost of apartment and then divide by 8.

Cracking deal either way.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
just to be 100% accurate, sterling amount is (was) correct, but exact euro amount is 366. As it shows on my reservation confirmation 2929.5 euro divided by 8 is 366 not 345, sorry for mistake.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi guys,
We've got full team in our apartment now, however we've got one free space in car going from Bham to Les Menuires, Val Thorens or St. Martin de Belleville and back. Other valleys are bit to far, but we can drop you in Moutiers so you can catch something from there. There's two of us going to France and 3 returning, but car is really big + roof box, so we're planning to have comfortable journey. Some sightseeing on the way back may be considered Smile
Anybody in need of a lift? We can collect you everywhere close to route, West Midlands,Oxford, London, Kent etc. Cost is £100.
We're planning to leave Bham around 8-9 PM, make it on Dover ferry around midnight and then straight to 3 Valleys.
Return trip - 10-11am leave, night or early morning ferry, depending on preferences.
Ian
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi guys, we still have one space available either with transport from Birmigham(via m40, london, dover), collection from Grenoble or own transport. Its 5guys and 2ladies going at the moment, aged 29-50. Apartment description is rhe first post and price is 345 euro per person. Transport will cost between £100-150 pp. depending if there is 3 or 4 people on board.
6 day 3 Valleys
Accomodation:
http://www.chaletsdusoleil.com
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi snowheads, we still have that one space available, with transport with by car with us or collection from Grenoble, just for a bottle of wine Smile. £330 for decent accommodation with ensuite, fire place etc. and 6 days 3 Valleys skipass incl.
Please let me know asap
Cheers
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy