Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dave Ryding off to a great start!!

Poster: A snowHead
I think its superb to have the results hes getting, hope others are watching his season.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think its superb to have the resukts hes getting, hope others are watching his season.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Interesting interview with Dave R during which he talks about his time indoors at Wittenberg in prep for Levi, using consistent conditions to develop technique.

Starting around 17:00 in... http://www.buzzsprout.com/50544/443694-post-levi-dave-ryding

First saw the link in a post on the BSA Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/thebritishskiacademy/posts/10154508308780255
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
With him getting a top ten finish means his start number for the next races improves a lot ..or am i wrong
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yorkshirelad wrote:
..or am i wrong

You are wrong. The new start list order can be found here, he only improves by one place.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Another cracking result for Dave Ryding in today's WC slalom race in Zagreb, coming 7th. He is currently standing 8th overall in the WC Slalom championship. Let's hope his great form continues for the rest of the season Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Awesome second run!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bit of a mare of a second run for Dave Ryding at Wengen today but still 12th, 4 places ahead of the best-placed Swiss racer, despite all the millions thrown at them. When a bad day at the office has you knocking on the door of the top 10, you're surely well into the group of whom any can get a medal at a big event. The funding rules seem barmy to me.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The key to funding is wins. Its no good knocking on the door of the top 10 - you have to kick it in and claim podiums! Thats what has opened up the funding to the GB freestyle teams who are getting regular top 6 top 3 and outright wins.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Richard_Sideways, and the key to wins is funding, as proven by British Cycling. Catch 22...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I missed the race and found myself disappointed when I saw his final standing.....and then realised how well he is doing when 12th is a bad day.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The big change for the Wengen race was that he was in the top 15 on the World Cup Start List which means that he is in the draw for bibs 8-15. The Wengen result moves him up a further two places.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@eng_ch, quite. But arguably, using the cycling funding template has worked. Identify an area of natural strength in depth and apply funding, rather than spreading the money out thin across the board. The problems BSS has experienced over the past few years is well documented, hopefully now a proper governance body is in place and programs have a chance to take effect some more success can unlock the funding which can take things to the next level.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
2nd at Kitzbuhel great run!!!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Richard_Sideways, except it seems they're only interested in teenagers doing tricks. I repeat, why does Dave Ryding have no national funding when he's been consistently improving and has produced the best British skiing result for 35 years? Not exceptional enough for them?
ski holidays
@eng_ch, I don't understand the funding methodology for winter sports very well, but I believe that funds awarded through governing bodies are largely determined by the possibility of medal/podium results in the top level competitions. Up until this season Ryding was not considered to be in that category, although he definitely seems to be now so hopefully funding will start flowing to him.
snow report
eng_ch wrote:
@Richard_Sideways, Dave Ryding have no national funding when he's been consistently improving and has produced the best British skiing result for 35 years? Not exceptional enough for them?

15 years. Happy
snow conditions
@GlasgowCyclops, that too, of course.
snow report
Schladming night race now on... another stonking first run from Dave Ryding, from bib no. 1
snow report
Fourth equal after first run.

You can watch the second run via BBC sport app from 7:45.

C'mon Dave!
ski holidays
Another great result from Dave Ryding, although a slightly cautious 2nd run. But on his current form is 10th to be celebrated or disappointed? I'd guess the latter.
latest report
@rob@rar, shows how good he is when 10th is a bad day. Other British racers in recent years would have been cock-a-hoop with 10th, as would we. Anyone consistently in the top 10 can get a podium or win on any given day
ski holidays
Nice to have been able able to watch the Schladming night race on the BBC live (via red button). With the sudden interest in Dave Ryding let's hope they do the same for the next few WC slalom races on the calendar!
snow report
Alastair Pink wrote:
Nice to have been able able to watch the Schladming night race on the BBC live (via red button). With the sudden interest in Dave Ryding let's hope they do the same for the next few WC slalom races on the calendar!

Hopefully......

But then sky will buy the rights for it and we'll never see him again Mad
snow report
Another good result 4th in the parallel slalom last night
latest report
Yup, he is getting very consistant results now that he is getting decent start places Smile
latest report
Scarpa wrote:
Yup, he is getting very consistant results now that he is getting decent start places Smile

I don't quite see how he gets a decent start place in straight knockout dual slalom Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
they get invited/have to be good to be invited to the event
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Has been pretty consistently top 15 this season, with regular visits to the top 10. I'm not sure about his style but it's obviously working well for him to be anywhere close to Hirscher/Kristofferson.

If he stays fit and in form then the Olympics could be good, judging by the downhill test event last season it could be the type of conditions that Ryding does well in.
ski holidays
11 th today A few crashed out just before his run. Think he went a bit conservatlly after that ..
I reckon a bronze was on the cards on his best day
snow report
Man, I cringe at the way British sportspeople are given nicknames. Just call him Dave, it's his name dammit.
snow report
@chrisdavis, it's not just British sportspeople that are given nicknames, US sports in particular but also throughout South America
snow report
Ted the Shred
snow report
The Blitz from Pitztal, Winnerhoffer, Herminator, Super Mario, Warhorse, MPH... And one Brit Laughing
snow conditions
chrisdavis wrote:
Man, I cringe at the way British sportspeople are given nicknames. Just call him Dave, it's his name dammit.

ill think youll find this came from his supporters, hence the 'Rocket' t shirts he sells Very Happy
latest report
Another great start to the season from Dave (at least in the first run) snowHead
snow report
@DB, nice. Looked quite foggy at the top.
snow report
The Swiss commentators continue to be great Ryding fans. I reckon Ryding and Yule are 2 to watch out for at the Olympics
ski holidays
Marcel not too far behind though ... position reflecting its his return from injury. But go Dave!
snow report
@nozawaonsen,
Yes foggy and the first drop shocked a few inc. Hirscher.

eng_ch wrote:
The Swiss commentators continue to be great Ryding fans. I reckon Ryding and Yule are 2 to watch out for at the Olympics

Yes the Austrian commentators are also very kind to Dave, they often tell the history of him starting off on plastic grass which is followed by awe and amazement on a similar level to the Jamacian Bobsleigh team.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy