Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl 2016/2017

Poster: A snowHead

Little snow this am
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
notnats wrote:
the weather front through Austria last night swung north west at the last minute and caught Ischgl

just a dusting from what I can see from webcams - this was forecast yesterday. Clear now, cannon low down firing, but a foehn for the next 3 days before possibility of snow at Xmas - the two main weather forecast models both showing something, but differing amounts, though neither that much
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Some nice powder higher up- enough to feed the starving anyeay
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nice that all was a little refreshed this morning Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just back from a short break to Ischgl. Pistes in great condition top to bottom. Cold in the wind on Tuesday. Stunning in the sun Wednesday and Thursday. Resort quiet (for Ischgl)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Christmas day
Light snow all day on & off...more on....
windy higher up.
low cloud kept viz poor and flat untill about 2...when low cloud parted and medium hights became great even in the wind.
pistes in great condition, considering. Skied right down to Ischgl easily.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ischgl has got it 'on' again. Definitely in much better shape than Christmas 2015 (& that was ok) Raining in the town now, snowline at 1900 I think so should be even better up top tomorrow. Some sunny days coming up. Couldn't have worked out any better.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sunny monday...had a fab run down 7...no one else...just loads of powder....then bounced up F1...ice ...sheets of ice all down 4 then 5 to gondola f2.....phew....back into powder.. great fun lot less crowds than we are use to in 3v ....2pm wind picked up and clouds closed in....tomorrow suppose to be better with wednesday even more so.....Bring it on....Pistes in great condition, even main drags. Found loads of powder , fluff and fluffy moguls...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@notnats, in Ischgl main , near
silvrettabahn gondola if you fancy a beer or ski ?...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@noisey, thanks for offer, but a bit complicated as am with my family and have brought another family along ...... cold today
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No worries.
yes cold and windy, making some pistes very dangerous as all top snow blown off. The reds on the far right of piste map were no fun at all...
saw more ambulances and helecopters than any other day....
More crowds today. 45 min que for gondola...even after a pre ski coffee...which meant more ques than last 2 days..
headed to Swiss side in pm..70a and found more wind ...more icy pistes but found large swathes of snow at edges of piste...much more fun.
Managed to get back to Ischgl side ok...time left so went up B2 lift and red run several times untill just before 4pm...but long que to gondola so did it one more time....B2..lift stopped fot 15 to 20 mins...cold.... so as we finally skied back the pisteures were coming up......
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
No worries.
yes cold and windy, making some pistes very dangerous as all top snow blown off. The reds on the far right of piste map were no fun at all...
saw more ambulances and helecopters than any other day....
More crowds today. 45 min que for gondola...even after a pre ski coffee...which meant more ques than last 2 days..
headed to Swiss side in pm..70a and found more wind ...more icy pistes but found large swathes of snow at edges of piste...much more fun.
Managed to get back to Ischgl side ok...time left so went up B2 lift and red run several times untill just before 4pm...but long que to gondola so did it one more time....B2..lift stopped fot 15 to 20 mins...cold.... so as we finally skied back the pisteures were coming up......
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Caught bus to Galtur today.
Until they get fresh real snow i wouldn't advise anyone loosing a day in Ischgl.
All there snow is man made, in the shadow of the mountain so no depth and icy....
We gave up at 2pm as the sun just wasn't covering enough to thaw one whole run...
Great once the have snow .
Great for families and beginners as quiet.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Stunning bluebird day today in Ischgl. Conditions really are very good considering what other resorts have.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Good couple of days in Ischgl. ..
BUT now too busy.
I've never seen so many ambulances and helicopter lifts in one holiday.
4 to 5 a day.
Got tired of tots snow ploughing down hard pack busy reds and blacks with no parent evident. And people way outside their skill level on all pistes.
Otherwise they have done great with what they have, snow wise.
Blowers building up reserves in -ve temps ready for warmer weather.
If your going, get to the Gondolas early and save yourself 45 mins in the queue. ....
snow report
Good couple of days in Ischgl. ..
BUT now too busy.
I've never seen so many ambulances and helicopter lifts in one holiday.
4 to 5 a day.
Got tired of tots snow ploughing down hard pack busy reds and blacks with no parent evident. And people way outside their skill level on all pistes.
Otherwise they have done great with what they have, snow wise.
Blowers building up reserves in -ve temps ready for warmer weather.
If your going, get to the Gondolas early and save yourself 45 mins in the queue. ....
snow conditions
@noisey, Surprised at some of your comments. I was in Ischgl from 22nd December until yesterday and didn't queue once for the gondola for more than 10 minutes. Which Gondola were you using ?
ski holidays
When I was there the Silvretta was getting busy in the morning so started using Fimba, no queues
ski holidays
Silvretta does tend to get busy, especially around ski school start time but then it's the closest gondola for about half the town. Walk past the Silvrettabahn to the Dorftunnel and take the travellator to the Fimbabahn and shuffle on to a gondola in about 4-5min at the same time of day. That's what I'll be doing in 4 days time (in some nice fresh snow if the forecast for today/the weekend turn out to be correct)...
snow report
Use the Pardatschgrat gondola and you'll rarely have any queue.
latest report
notnats wrote:
When I was there the Silvretta was getting busy in the morning so started using Fimba, no queues

I'm staying at Hotel Silvretta from Saturday, 50m from the lift. I will be on it at 8:30 - avoids queues...
snow report
We've in the Val Sinestra with a view over the Field of Falls down to the Intersport and about 50m from the lift too, just the lift down to the middle of the Dorftunnel.

If you see 4 guys with polar bear hats propping up the bar in the Kitshloch, come and say hello.
ski holidays
Just looked at the interactive webcam in the village and it's been snowing all day. Very Happy
snow report
Looked at the ones up the top and didn't look like a good visibility day but that's fine when it also means it's a good snow day.
ski holidays
Was in Ischgl last January and used the Silvretta each day as it was the nearest. Anytime between 9 and 9:30 we didn't queue for more than 10mins.
snow report
Mjit wrote:
We've in the Val Sinestra with a view over the Field of Falls down to the Intersport and about 50m from the lift too, just the lift down to the middle of the Dorftunnel.

If you see 4 guys with polar bear hats propping up the bar in the Kitshloch, come and say hello.

Ha will do. Big bald guy ski in red ski jacket (ok, helmet on the slopes) .. I've been called the monster trucks of skiing so you may notice me, or my style...

Skiing with Skiclub GB as travelling solo.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Wed 4-01-17 23:18; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Corky wrote:
Just looked at the interactive webcam in the village and it's been snowing all day. Very Happy

Not much more than a couple of inches in the town but the big fall should be overnight right now....
snow report
20cm of fresh snow in town yesterday going up to 50cm in Alp Trida being reported on the official resort website.

Still coming down in Idalp on the live stream too.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A good amount of snow fell a few days ago. Since then it has been pretty cold.

More snow is falling now Very Happy
snow conditions
More snow overnight and snowing most of the day, so no shortage of natural snow on or off the pistes here in Ischgl. Not the best light as a result though so hard to see where there were tracks and where there were piles of fresh snow.

Resort runs in really good condition with snow rather than ice and not too many people/bodies on them.

Resort seems very quiet this week (we're usually here mid/end March) but didn't stop 3 of our group breaking themselves on beer and schnapps in the Kitzloch last night Smile
ski holidays
OK, not a snow report but finally found out what the après song to the tune of Kenny Rodgers "The Gambler" is - Roger and over's "Volvo B18 Song".

Will never understand where the Austrian's find their après songs but thank god (and pear schnapps) they do! 😃
ski holidays
Great conditions in Ischgl today. The snow from the last couple of days bashed on the pistes with plenty of untracked snow just off them (at the start of the day at least) under sunny blue sky's.

A few 'snow ice' sections like the steep narrow section of 7 but not found any blue sheet ice anywhere. Get on the front of your skis and nothing to worry about.

Snow to the sides of the pistes getting tracked out by the end of the day. We didn't go up the Piz Val side but hardly busy up there today so would expect there's still plenty of untracked up there if that's your thing.
ski holidays
No sun on the top of the mountain above the village this morning so looks like the forecast for more snow to call's going to be correct.

Pistes still very good and not getting too cut up by the end of the day. Home run reds getting very cut up but black options still perfect even late in the day.
snow report
Tricky skiing conditions in Ischgl today. Looks like more snow fell overnight but on the back of some strong winds leading an icy packed base with powder on top. Add in some flatish light and the blood wagon was busy. Saw the helicopter land on the piste in one case, which is the first time I've seen the chopper go to the body not the other way around.

More snow starting to roll in now so looking like the yellow lens again tomorrow.
latest report
Snow falling but being pushed by a biting wind up in the ski area today. Not much fun to be in but should mean plenty of fresh snow for anyone turning up next week.
latest report
@Mjit, thanks for your informative updates snowHead
ski holidays
You know the way it always seem to throw the snow down on your last night and you wake up to catch your transfer bus in clear blue sky's? Yea, not so much I Ischgl this morning.

Snow all night and still snowing in town, heavier than it's been all week.

If it clears up in the next couple of days there will be great snow for anyone arriving today but at the moment I think even the most hard core skiers would think twice when they pull back the curtain!

Not looking forward to waiting outside another hotel for the transfer coach...
ski holidays
Mjit wrote:
You know the way it always seem to throw the snow down on your last night and you wake up to catch your transfer bus in clear blue sky's? Yea, not so much I Ischgl this morning.

Snow all night and still snowing in town, heavier than it's been all week.

If it clears up in the next couple of days there will be great snow for anyone arriving today but at the moment I think even the most hard core skiers would think twice when they pull back the curtain!

Not looking forward to waiting outside another hotel for the transfer coach...

Yeah it was pretty awful, but now the snow and slopes are amazing Very Happy
latest report
Just got back from 4 days in Ischgl. Great conditions on the pistes (off piste looked tracked out) and it was snowing when we left resort yesterday afternoon. The only downside is the number of lunatics skiing the very tricky resort runs (which should probably be shown as black - run 7 was the trickiest we did all weekend) at very high speeds. And the apres-ski was as crazy as ever ...
latest report
Ischgl has received a good amount of fresh snow throughout yesterday.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy