Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2017 Calendar - Urgent call to upload!!!

Poster: A snowHead
snowHeads 2017 Calendar
Closing date for submission of images and voting is Wednesday 16st November

Yes, it's that time again, to share your best mountain snaps with the world! Because it is later than usual this year we won't be holding a separate voting period after the closing date, and it is essential you all get in your photos as fast as possible. As usual final choice will still come down to us but we will consider any votes cast as a guide.

The rules are simple: you can submit up to 3 pics
Any more and all will be disqualified
, taken in the past 12 months which will be judged by your fellow snow lovers. A selection of the top rated photos will be printed in the 2017 snowHeads calendar, with one on the cover.

Upload here: http://snowmediazone.com/the_zone/g1254-2016-vintage.html

Calendar design dictates 12 of the photos should be landscape, not portrait. (That's a sideways, as opposed to upright, orientation.) There's a possibility a portrait pic will be used for the cover. Mathematicians amongst you will deduce therefore that the odds of having your pic selected are better if you submit a landscape shot.

To ensure good print quality we'll need a hi-resolution version of your image. Some phone images taken low-res really won't cut it, so please check you've got decent versions of the photos you choose to submit. ("DPI is completely irrelevant. It's pixels that count. As a minimum you probably want something like 1400x1050, or better." - allanm, 13/10/14)

If you're new to this, the place to upload your entries is here: snowMedia zone (under the tab 'snowBase'), then in 'Champagne Powder' you'll find the 'Vintage 2016 - pics for the 2017 calendar' folder.

Remember to add a brief description: what it's of, and when and where it was taken.

To enter a photo already uploaded to the snowMedia zone, use the ‘edit’ function to copy it across to the 'vintage 2017' collection. You must only submit pictures to which you own copyright, or have written permission from the copyright owner for publication. If your username on snowMediaZone isn't exactly the same as your snowHeads one - let us know who you are!

Closing date for submission of images is Wednesday 16st November. Entries have already been submitted so get uploading now! final selection will be made on Thursday 17th November to ensure calendars are made and delivered in good time for Christmas. As usual, winning photographers will be sent a calendar for the cost of postage.

Best of luck!

Note: As in previous years, the final choice will be guided by the ratings rather than defined by them, to ensure balance and variation throughout the set.

Remember: to vote for your favourites, you need to be logged into the snowMedia Zone!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've uploaded my 3 photos. snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Gregory, a bit more info would be good!

Quote:
Closing date for submission of images is Wednesday 16st November. .... final selection will be made on Thursday 17th November.

What times? Will it be midnight for both, ie there are 24 hours to vote, or what? It's a bit tight. Not everyone is on here 24/7 Laughing .

Quote:
Remember: to vote for your favourites, you need to be logged into the snowMedia Zone!

Well, I am, and I can't see anything about voting, or even something like "Voting link will be up 16th, don't forget to vote!"

Or are we all going to get an email reminder?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
maggi,
Quote:

Well, I am, and I can't see anything about voting

click on a picture and in the picture details on the right theres a line of stars - click on the relevant one which is your preference. Proceed through all the pictures for the comp.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was somewhat puzzled that the same photo seems to have been submitted by two different users?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Alastair Pink, Don't think so, I just think Dabber has uploaded about 64..... Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No, still don't understand. @PaulC1984, you've got 4 in it, others have more. If 3 is the limit and you and others are disqualified there aren't many pics left to vote for Puzzled
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@maggi, Puzzled Puzzled I've only got 3 on......... Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@maggi, oh flip your right. posted photo of the little on in the wrong Happy that was hardly a snow heads related photo lol
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just submitted 3 photos.
Are there only 2 pages to go through or am I in the wrong folder (http://snowmediazone.com/the_zone/g1254-2016-vintage.html). other years have 7/8/9 pages of photos.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm sure it is me being completely daft, but how do you upload a picture, I can't see anything that says upload, or the like !?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@r1chard, you need to create a separate account for the snowmediazone and then log in. Then all will become apparent.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Embarassed I seem to have uploaded two of my photos twice, but my 3rd one does not seem to have uploaded at all! Sorry, can someone tell me what I should do please Embarassed rolling eyes
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have managed to upload the 3rd photo but how do I delete the 2 duplicated photos please?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@CaravanSkier, I've managed to move 2 photos that were in the "Champagne Powder" overall category into "2016 Vintage", which I where I assume you wanted them? Unfortunately the third one slipped into a black hole, would you mind uploading that one again please? Thanks, Y
snow report
Thank you Yoda, I do apologise for causing you extra work. I will endeavour to upload no 3 again and owe you the glass of wine photographed Laughing

errmmm only, there are still 2 identical images displayed Puzzled
ski holidays
@CaravanSkier, ahem, should be sorted now. Looking forward to the wine (I hope that's a large glass Toofy Grin )
ski holidays
Thank you. I`ll make it a bottle Laughing
latest report
@maggi, As said there is no separate voting period as there is too little time.
ski holidays
Gregory wrote:
@maggi, As said there is no separate voting period as there is too little time.

And too much skiing. wink
latest report
@Gregory, Please can you have a look at my account "R1chard", I don't think it is working correctly, I don't see the upload photos tab, thanks
snow report
@r1chard, you're showing as unregistered. Have u clicked the link in the registration email? (check your spam folder if you haven't received one, although I've tested with a gmail account and it works for me).
snow report
@Yoda, @CaravanSkier, I can't add a rating to the "Ste Foy with Wine" and "Sun behind mountains" pics though they seem to have been rated - is this something that can be fixed? Thanks Smile
latest report
@Yoda, Is it possible to send the registration email again, I think I may have deleted it ?
Thanks
latest report
@motyl, I am a complete newbie at this, and have no idea how it all works. Thank you for wanting to rate them though Very Happy
latest report
@CaravanSkier, no worries snowHead I haven't got much of a clue either! I think that when you upload, the default setting is to allow rating by others, but perhaps that got lost when your pics were being moved around. Pity, I rather like the glass of wine!
ski holidays
@motyl, Cheers Very Happy
ski holidays
@r1chard, I've set you to "Registered" so you should be good to go now.

@CaravanSkier, hmm yes somehow the comments/ratings on your pics were switched off Puzzled They should be back on now Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've uploaded two photos three times by mistake (I think I pressed the button too many times), tried deleting one of the copies of one photo, but I seem to have deleted all three. Oh well. I still seem to have three photos out there, although one is repeated - sorry about that.
snow report
OK, I've rated them all. Took ages - there must be an easier way than all that clicking to and fro. Can't vote on slideshow view.

(@Yoda, not dissing your site. I'm sure it's not meant for mass voting.)
snow conditions
Can't see any rankings on the photos this afternoon????
ski holidays
@KenX, no, they seem to have become invisible (although still there if you look at each pic individually). I must have clicked something but I have no idea what rolling eyes Looking in to it....
latest report
@KenX, if I set the View in the Display Options at the bottom of the page to "Gallery" I get the details beneath each thumbnail - is that what you mean?
snow report
Yoda wrote:

[b]@CaravanSkier
, hmm yes somehow the comments/ratings on your pics were switched off Puzzled They should be back on now Toofy Grin

Thank you.
snow report
@Yoda, Very Happy
snow conditions
@motyl, thank you for spotting that Cool That "Display Options" panel is not working for me for some reason (IE11 on Win10?) but I've changed to "Gallery" view as the default in the back end and the ratings are back Toofy Grin (Wipes sweat from brow...)
latest report
@maggi, the only alternative with this software would be to set it as a "contest" in which each user could only vote for 1 photo - so simple total of votes at the end. We could stop additional photos being uploaded on a certain date and then enable voting. Do you think that would be preferable? Should we have an advisory referendum? Toofy Grin
snow report
@motyl, @Yoda, Sorted guys, nice one!
snow conditions
@KenX, @Yoda, Very Happy
snow report
How does the rating work? The total in my messages does not match what is shown on the photos? Am I missing something obvious, apologies if I am Puzzled
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy