Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chambery airport to railway station

Poster: A snowHead
Is there any sort of a shuttle bus that does this , or is it getting a taxi time ?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 15-11-16 20:05; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've never found a timetable for a bus to the train station, plenty of options to the ski resorts but we've always taken a taxi to the train station. It's around 15 to 20 euros but confirm the price with the taxi driver before he sets off.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Usually plenty of taxis available at the airport, we had more difficulty finding a taxi from the train station to the airport so maybe worth booking that in advance.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@eblunt, It may be different this year, but there were no shuttle busses in the past. You had to take a taxi. The big problem, however, is getting a taxi from the train station to the airport on return.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
All, thank you for the feedback.

Wish I'd just booked the shuttle from the airport rather than being smart back bottom and getting the train ....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry to jump on this thread, but I'm currently struggling to find cheap transfers from Chambery Airport to Brides-Les-Bains, does anyone know of any??!
Best I've been quoted so far is €400 for two adults (return).....so I'm currently considering hiring a car for around £220 or so.

Cheers
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
www.altibus.com have a weekend service at 63.30 euros return per person, there is also a link on the airport website
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@skichampcouk, brilliant thanks, saves me a fortune!
Is the coach easy enough to find at Chambery Airport?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes, the coach station is just outside the terminal. It is not a massive airport so everything is easy enough to find. There's also an altibus desk near the exit from the terminal, or at least there was. They are renovating the airport this year so it may well have changed.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Railway station not 'train station'! Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
LOTA, ' La Gare' if we are being so pedantic. wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@LOTA, Satisfied ?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@eblunt, Oh yes, much better, thank you. 'Train station' is an ugly abomination! Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
LOTA wrote:
@eblunt, Oh yes, much better, thank you. 'Train station' is an ugly abomination! Very Happy

Should we call a bus/coach station a road station then? NehNeh
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SnoodyMcFlude wrote:
LOTA wrote:

Should we call a bus/coach station a road station then? NehNeh

Of course not, that would be very silly and not in keeping with the glorious inconsistency and beauty of the English (not American!) language! Very Happy
ski holidays
For anyone who's used Altibus in the past. What happens if you miss you're booked transfer bus (due to late flights etc)? Do they let you get on the next one, or do they charge, or are you left trying to hire a car?!!?

cheers
Matthew
snow report
You can get on the next one.
snow conditions
@Billy steele, Great thanks - I'll book the earlier one then, and hope our flight is on time!
ski holidays
@jellemr, You normally get a PDF book of instructions with your tickets on line, if you miss the bus go to the office to get your ticket changed.
ski holidays
@chocksaway, ah ok, thanks, makes sense.
ski holidays
skichampcouk wrote:
Usually plenty of taxis available at the airport, we had more difficulty finding a taxi from the train station to the airport so maybe worth booking that in advance.

Did you manage to book one ? I've phoned 6 different companies and they've all basically refused to take the booking. They say "they are taxis at the train station", and when I explained that they can be in short supply so I'd like to book one anyway, the reply was "we're busy then".

If you did, if you remember the name that would be great.
snow report
@eblunt, We didn't book one in advance, just had to wait until one arrived.
There is a taxi firm listed on the SNCF site called Allo taxis, maybe worth contacting them if you haven't done so already.
latest report
skichampcouk wrote:
@eblunt, We didn't book one in advance, just had to wait until one arrived.
There is a taxi firm listed on the SNCF site called Allo taxis, maybe worth contacting them if you haven't done so already.

I've been in various discussions, via local tourist information and Chambery TI, and the long and short of it is that the taxi firms refuse to take bookings for such a short trip. My local TI bloke tried 3 or 4, including Allo, same story : won't take a booking, queue up at the station. As they have the total monopoly, ( no navette service ), they can call the shots. The TI bloke described them as a version of the Mafia. I've got 2 1/2 hours between arriving at the station and my flight so I'll just have to keep fingers crossed.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy