Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis 2016/17

Poster: A snowHead
Up at the ski show

Night ski is open and looks ace ... spending time with grandparents ... so no skis

Will post some pics later
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
omg we're up to 3 pages and it's only Crimbo!

SFL has officially been 'Discovered'!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks like more pistes due to open next day or two, bashers working away all day today in Fiss, weather superb today. How's the show @kingwhite ? Hoped to get over tonight but the dessert buffet at the Schlosshotel got the better of us😋
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
summerseat wrote:
... the dessert buffet at the Schlosshotel got the better of us😋

I know that feeling Smile It's the cheeses that do for me... Nice to see another Schloss-er on here. May I ask if it's your first time there or whether you're a regular?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
First time skiing the area and also in this hotel, very impressed. The hotel is a bit special!
Came in summer and stayed in Serfaus at the hotel lowen , great for the kids. Liked the look of the place and ski area so decided to give it a go, settled on Fiss and the schlosshotel for ease of getting on the slopes
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@summerseat, Love that lift up from the boot room straight onto the slopes, right?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@summerseat,

Fantastic - great weather today.

Gonna head for masner tomorrow.

Is there a lively apres bar in serfaus on the slopes? Taxi driver mentioned bar apache????
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@red 27, Ha, I think I'm particularly to blame for that. I've probably posted more than necessary, partly to keep the thread near the top to attract as much attention as possible...

Great to hear all this positive news, and enjoying the photos. Also good to see someone on the Arlberg thread saying that slopes ought to be emptier than usual due to conditions, as Germans and Dutch will be more flexible and at least a portion will stay away and wait for the proper snow. And since the British TOs haven't really found SFL yet, I guess the Germans and Dutch make up most of the skiers there.

Hearing how positive everyone is, and how great the weather is, and how there are more slopes still to come, maybe we'd be better off without these snowless incoming clouds - or perhaps we'll get lucky...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@red 27, the lift is a great touch, to be honest very impressed with the hotel, it really is something else. The Austrians seem to do it so much better. I would quite happily stop in some of the toilets for a week😀
@kingwhite, sorry not sure of the apres scene in Serfaus, only been in summer. We're over in Fiss, there's a good bar here right at the bottom of the slopes, gets a bit out of hand between 4 and 6 ( in a good way), people on the bar dancing etc etc. All good fun.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Think i've found bar patschi near sunliner lift

Up at masner .... absolutely perfect!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@summerseat, @kingwhite, Can either of you give any insight into the quality of the pistes, particularly over at Masner, and also how they're holding up with the warmth.

I'm just trying to cross reference a report from the German forum (from someone who is typically pretty negative), describing the Masner area as poor due to not enough snow and stones on the pistes. Does this ring true?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@WellingtonBoot, spent most of the day up at Masner today, outstanding conditions! I think @kingwhite was there as well so I'm sure he will agree. Even managed some off piste. Not sure why the negativity as today was a perfect a ski day you could wish for.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yeah for sure - i do two weeks a year for the last ten .... that was as nice a days skiing as I've had!!!

Looked like they had the black off masner nearly ready to too.

Perfect piste condition!

@summerseat,

You got a couple of nippers with ya? First English voice I've heard in masnerhutte today ... wasn't you was it??
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@kingwhite, could well have been. I was with my 2 boys, 10 and 11, lunch stop around 1ish.
Been up to the night show tonight at the moseralm, great fun, first showing and a few teething problems but enjoyed by all. Not many resorts put this much effort in for the visitors so really impressed. We normally go to Hinterglemm at Easter but seriously considering returning here.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@summerseat, you must do the tobogan night on the mosersalm with the boys . it is great fun
ski holidays
Having a beer at schongampbahn ... slopes at fiss in great condition but more green around.

Slopes off zwolfer in good condition - colder over here -1 at the mo

Thought I saw a rock in fiss but turned out to be firework shell from last nights show.

Fun park and race run open off run 21!!!

@summerseat,

Green jacket? I should have said hello Very Happy
snow report
We arrived in Fiss today, and it seems lovely. Beautiful spot. Can't say too much about the skiing, but the slopes coming down at the end of the day looked in good nick, noone seemed in trouble and it wasn't too crowded when I was watching.

Looking at the weather charts, both the last two GFS runs were pretty good and seemed set to deliver 5-10cm here, but obviously snow-forecast has access to a higher resolution map because they're projecting 2cm here and 14cm in Lech nearby. 10cm forecast for Ischgl too, which is difficult to take, given that it is further South and just as 'shielded' from the North!

Super frustrating, but hopefully those charts are oversimplifying and drawing sharper cut off lines than are realistic. Reason to be hopeful at any rate...

Can't wait to get on skis in any case, and I'm hearing the skiing is good.
snow report
Welcome welly boots

Enjoy yersen - its class!!!
latest report
@kingwhite, sounds like me, big red cheeks cos I'm knackered trying to keep up with the kids😳
Looks like we share a common interest in Leeds as well .

@WellingtonBoot, relax, enjoy the sun, the pistes are fine so all good. Might be a bit busier from Sunday so get a good day in tomorrow 👍
latest report
summerseat wrote:
, relax, enjoy the sun, the pistes are fine so all good.

I'm the same - endless fretting about conditions before I go and then it doesn't seem to matter in the slightest when Im actually out there rolling eyes Laughing
latest report
@summerseat,

Ha, ace! All Leeds aren't we Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Much busier today ... we we're very lucky to have a private ski resort for three days!!!!

Windy and bit scraped by the time we bailed ...

Will live tweet from mass in fiss at 10

Happy crimbo choppers!!!! Very Happy
ski holidays
@kingwhite, Funny you say that. Probably also doing the Fiss Mass. Probably. Everybody's a bit drunk...

Funny also that you describe today as windy and scraped. This morning (we got up early) we seemed to have the pistes to ourselves and, like you've been reporting, the pistes were in fantastic condition. Afternoon there were probably two runs that had brief, scraped stretches, and a few that had some hard but not troublesome patches, but we still had mostly great skiing.

Guess it says everything about how good things have been and how impressive the preparation has been that today was a downgrade for you...

Anyway, been a great day and love the place. Hexenalm also super. Happy Christmas!
latest report
We're all done here ...

Cracking resort given the lack of natural stuff

Skied over zwolfer side today - slightly icy but nothing major. Nice lunch stop at schongampalm on red 28

Black 29 was probably best run as empty

Good fun down red 7 playing dodge the ski school

Will have to come back!!!
latest report
First ski day yesterday, some decent snow in places particularly up at Masner. Fiss in the afternoon was not pleasant and the bottom part of the Nordzeiten to the gondola was sheet ice in places, to be fair I was on my fats but I swapped them for some race carvers today Toofy Grin

Found some really nice snow this morning first thing on the runs to the bottom of Lawensbahn. Run of the day was the Obere Scheidabfahrt (116) nice and grippy with machine packed powder to the side.

Re-mortgaged the house this afternoon and put the kids in private lessons but so worth it, amazing progression. Private lessons do get progressively cheaper during the week and if you book to start at 13.15 you save a lot of money.

Much as I love this place I have still yet to find a decent Gulaschsuppe on the slopes in all my visits here so if anyone has any recommendations... snowHead
latest report
I agree with above. Lots open but it's all a bit icy at present. Little bits of off-post up Manser are good and the snow blowers were on last night topping up. It can be a bit of a lottery on the piste though. Decent snow to sheet ice within a short space. Lovely (and expensive) resort though.
ski holidays
Piste conditions today were fantastic. Snow blowers on full blast again tonight. Great evening show on Serfaus last night too. Race chargers are the way to go in these conditions @Guernseyfreerider!
ski holidays
Another great day yesterday. Did Masner first thing whilst it was quiet, the run from the top of Alpkopfbahn to village was pretty decent all day. Kids went back for private lessons again and the teachers totally delivered, so impressed. I also had a lesson at same time with one of the senior coaches Herbert who's been skiing in Serfaus for 50 years! Proper two hour masterclass, I think you can a bit lazy on freeride skis so it was nice to fine tune carving and work on some other things - time well spent and a top man.

New this year by the Komperdell station is 'Play Serfaus' featuring climbing walls for kids, soft play area & laser obstacle course, a great way to spend a couple of hours if you haven't exhausted them skiing.

The area has invested 200 million Euros in in infrastructure in the last ten years - that's one of the reasons its major league
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A couple of laps of run 92 first thing in the morning is a superb way to start the day.
snow report
Cracking day, changeover day so very quiet. Swapped skis again for some Volkl race tiger GS skis, absolutely phenomenal. Sadly it didn't stop me getting rinsed by a local on the dual GS course at Fiss in the afternoon but to be fair he was about half my age! Laughing

Skied over to Ladis for the first time from the top of Nordzeiten an absolutely beautiful (and long) run.

Spent most of the morning at Masner with my 11 year old practicing long carving turns he learnt yesterday - his ski teacher Florence did him proud. Although I probably put a bit of pressure on him naming him after a skier his progression has been great this week and he loves it.

Meanwhile my 9 year old daugher managed to straight line the dual
slalom in a high speed snow plow without going through a Single gate, it was a proper face palm moment Laughing

Lunch at See alm was great, last day tomorrow
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy