Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow record in Le Corbier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
HI, I'm about to take my family skiing for the first time so i'm desk to get it right! othing worse than grumpy kids.
Just wondering if anyone has been to Le Corbier around Christmas time in recent years and how the snow has been please?

Thanks. Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Le Corbier is quite high and has some snow making. Last two Christmasses were a bit thin everywhere under 2000m mind.

Probably looking at the village from the slopes will make your kids grumpier than the snow.

Very interesting back story to Le Corbier if you are interested: http://pistehors.com/backcountry/wiki/Savoie/Le-Corbier-History
Christian Guerin, the original developer, was still alive a couple of years ago and teaching music to make ends meet.

And I just found this on the le Corbier website, which complements my research

http://www.villarembert-le-corbier.fr/la-commune/histoire/les-debuts-du-corbier/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Le Corbier has averaged a modest ~50cm of snowfall for the whole month of Dec in the past 3 years.

Around ~90% of that snow has fallen in the last week of the month.

Snow arrives late in that month. Don't expect mega pow days. But there should be plenty of trails open on fake and some natural snow.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you both for such informative replies Smile I really appreciate it.
I did read the history about Le Corbier, such a sad tale!
I move on to look at Montegenevre and I think we might head there on a future trip as it sounds great.
For now I have opted for Andorra as a slightly safer bet on a restricted budget.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
smirkett wrote:

I move on to look at Montegenevre and I think we might head there on a future trip as it sounds great.
For now I have opted for Andorra as a slightly safer bet on a restricted budget.

Pyrenees and French / Italian border are better bets for early season snow due to the prevailing autumn weather systems. Inner French ranges are a bit dry and need to wait for the big Atlantic storms to get good cover.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy