Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

salomon qst 99 lenght question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello!

I just ordered a pair of Salomon qst 99 + shift binding at a sale but I'm a bit worried they are too long. I'm 183cm (6ft) and 83kg (185p) and the skis are 188cm, the 181cm sold a day before. My technique is decent, I can ski anything but I'm usually pretty cautious. I will go on lite touring no more than a few days in a season, rest of the time will probably be near the chair looking for deeper snow. I have another pair of Nordica Fire Arrow EDT PRO 84 in 176cm which I dislike because they are to stiff. I recently skied Atomic Vantage in 184cm one time and felt the extra length, and Black Crows Camox in 174cm which were definitely too short.
I can still cancel the order at this time so my question is, are 188cm to big, am I nitpicking at this point?
Lastly, do you think the Salomon qst 120 boots can be used for touring or I should just go for scarpas/dynafits ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
At your stats and requirements I'd put you on the 188cm. And you need a boot with a bit of oompf to drive them so your boots are fine.

I'd be different if you were doing multi-day technical tours as that's when you'd go to a lighter ski in a length shorter with a lot lighter binding that has a high climbing bar combined with a full AT boot.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy