Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland - Iceland Joint Lift Pass

Poster: A snowHead
Not sure if this has been posted before but an interesting development; Scotland and Iceland now have with regards to lift passes.
Looks like you can ski both areas under one lift pass, that includes all uplifts, not that Iceland is best know for its ski resorts but still. snowHead

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-37779553
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Was just going to post this. Happy

@Catwoman has always wanted to go to Iceland, no excuse now Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is there a plan on linking them by gondola or chair lift sometime???
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I hope it's a 6 man chair-lift linking them. Wouldn't fancy a t-bar over that distance.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@theblueprint, A heated one aswell ... could get a little nippy, thats is unless we are applying Rule 7
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You should always apply rule 7 Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
An overnight "Sleeper Chair", upgradeable to Business Class, is the way to go. Idea Cool
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Old Fartbag, So long as we don't end up with a real life version of the film Frozen.

.... and just before people get concerned that i've been watching kids films.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frozen_(2010_American_film)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
18 possible free ski days in Iceland, what's not to like.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@geeo, .... The initial £535
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
geeo wrote:

The £500 price tag for the Ski Scotland all area pass!?!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It includes normal ski area passes as well, had an email from Glencoe says it is for 2 days at each resort, we obviously need a bit more information. So anyone out there with information on skiing in Iceland?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dzmarc wrote:
@Old Fartbag, So long as we don't end up with a real life version of the film Frozen.

.... and just before people get concerned that i've been watching kids films.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frozen_(2010_American_film)

Now don't be using "Project Fear" to derail my idea before it gets off the ground. Business Class will have it's own direct line to a private rescue service, whereas the standard seat will have a perfectly functioning Panic Button (flashing light and whistle).
The embarkation will work like the Bollin/Fresse lift at Val Claret, with 2 different queue lines. Simples.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Old Fartbag wrote:
The embarkation will work like the Bollin/Fresse lift at Val Claret, with 2 different queue lines. Simples.

Does that mean the plane keeps moving while you step off?
Could this be a new solution to the third runway debate?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chamcham wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:

Does that mean the plane keeps moving while you step off?
Could this be a new solution to the third runway debate?

I'm happy to go into partnership with like minded, innovative people like yourself, where these things could be ironed out. We'd be the Dysons of the ski world. Need to move quick though, in case James D moves in on our territory.
ski holidays
[rant]So we're going to build an aeroplane that's overpriced, has loads of detachable bits which means that the air leaks out through the joints, and which fails to work when it so much as sniffs a dog hair? [rant over] Great plan, we'll make millions and get a knighthood.
latest report
Chamcham wrote:
[rant]So we're going to build an aeroplane that's overpriced, has loads of detachable bits which means that the air leaks out through the joints, and which fails to work when it so much as sniffs a dog hair? [rant over] Great plan, we'll make millions and get a knighthood.

So you're in, then? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
How much investment do you want upfront? Shall I just give you my PIN now? Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Chamcham wrote:
How much investment do you want upfront? Shall I just give you my PIN now? Madeye-Smiley

I first need to see how Brexit and or Scottish Independence pan out.....EU grants will now be harder to come by, even with ideas as good as this one. Puzzled
latest report
Good point. We should make an informal approach to the Dept of Trade, like Nissan. Shirley, an idea as good as this should be protected...
snow report
Chamcham wrote:
Good point. We should make an informal approach to the Dept of Trade, like Nissan. Shirley, an idea as good as this should be protected...

Great minds think alike.....and if we get Nicola Sturgeon on side, anything's possible.
snow conditions
On second thoughts, perhaps we ought to shelve this for the moment, as I'm a bit busy - I'm off skiing in Tignes on Saturday Smile
ski holidays
Chamcham wrote:
On second thoughts, perhaps we ought to shelve this for the moment, as I'm a bit busy - I'm off skiing in Tignes on Saturday Smile

That's a proper excuse, which is quite acceptable......Enjoy. snowHead
latest report
larry1950 wrote:
... So anyone out there with information on skiing in Iceland?

Late season, no trees. A helicopter is handy.

Not sure why you'd need a Scotch lift pass, although if they stay behind in the EU along with Northern Ireland and Gib that'll be handy as they'll all be on the Euro which will make it much easier to visit.
snow conditions
Looks depressingly British...

Lots of backslapping and buzzwords... supported by a halfbaked, market-unready, low-quality product...

You can ski in Scotland and Iceland on one liftpass... but no easily accessible info on where or when to get the passes, transfers, flights, times, passport / visa laws, retransfers, kit hire, car hire, accommodation, resorts, lifts, trailmaps, seasons, weather or snow forecasts...

There should be a simple, all-in-one website ready and waiting from today to immediately make your research and vacation bookings and get business rolling...

Instead, you get some grandiose, meaningless announcements that will fizzle out and require more trips abroad for bureaucrats to discuss more exciting ways to waste Scotch money...
snow conditions
@Whitegold, money spent on Scotch is never wasted...
latest report
Quote:

dzmarc
user

Quote:

manicpb
hors Piste
geeo wrote:

As has all ready been noted it's from any season pass, so £280 for Glencoe early bird and it's in addition at no extra cost, so what's not to like about that?
snow report
Obviously you will need to figure out how to get to iceland and where to stay and if it is worth it to you.
And maybe it will be more attractive to our icelandic friends.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
essex wrote:
Obviously you will need to figure out how to get to iceland and where to stay and if it is worth it to you.
And maybe it will be more attractive to our icelandic friends.

£158 return fro Glasgow Fri-Monday direct. Result Happy
ski holidays
Plenty of 'resorts' but none too large and some are a fair hike from Reykjavik.
snow report
It's obviously gonna be called the 'Scotch and Ice Pass' Very Happy
snow report
dbeatski wrote:
It's obviously gonna be called the 'Scotch and Ice Pass' Very Happy

...certainly much better sounding than "Scotch and Rocks Pass".
snow conditions
I skied in Iceland once, the little resort near Reykjavik - loved it!
Skiing was limited but fun - views and vibe were amazing!
A local bus takes you there from Reyk in under an hour.
Keep meaning to go back...
latest report
geeo wrote:
Quote:

dzmarc
user

Quote:

manicpb
hors Piste
geeo wrote:

As has all ready been noted it's from any season pass, so £280 for Glencoe early bird and it's in addition at no extra cost, so what's not to like about that?

If that's the case I retract my comment. Do you currently get days at other Scottish resorts on local area season passes then?

I must say I wasn't trying to negative on this Iceland partnership thing, I think its a great deal which can only benefit both countries.
ski holidays
@manicpb, You get a 30% discount at other ski areas, in the past you were able to get a discount at Braehead but not sure if they still do it.
ski holidays
Am I alone in thinking that this is 100% about creating some minor publicity and that the number of people likely to take advantage of this offer is zero or fewer?
ski holidays
foxtrotzulu wrote:
Am I alone in thinking that this is 100% about creating some minor publicity and that the number of people likely to take advantage of this offer is zero or fewer?

yip - and it has worked. free publicity for both nations on BBC Very Happy
which was perhaps the main goal.

you are not going to book a ski holiday on basis of free lift pass alone.
however there are direct flights from Scotland to Iceland - so I am sure a trickle of people will use it either way.
it got me thinking (and everyone here talking) about Reykjavik....
snow conditions
Haggis_Trap wrote:
(and everyone here talking) about Reykjavik....

Its cold and smells of fish. Er........thats about it. wink
snow report
Haggis_Trap wrote:

you are not going to book a ski holiday on basis of free lift pass alone.
however there are direct flights from Scotland to Iceland - so I am sure a trickle of people will use it either way.
it got me thinking (and everyone here talking) about Reykjavik....

Me too, already decided to buy a Coe pass, always fancied visiting Iceland....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy