Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Toddler / Ankle Bitter Ski Socks!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning all. Ive scoured the net and cant find anywhere that does MERINO (Or other warm material) ski socks for a hobbit!!

Little ones feet are a 17.5.

Up until now were been using 2 layers of socks, but now his feet have grown to fill his boots (boots are not too small for him) we are only able to put 1 pair of socks on and he's getting cold feet.

Looked everywhere for merino socks or similar for a hobbit, but can only find them in the states - smallest I can find in uk / Europe is a 22-27.

Anyone have any ideas where??

Ive toyed with the idea of foot warmers, but he skis 3 times a week and that's just a pain Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do you mean a Euro size 17.5, so a UK kids size of about 1.5 or is that mondo 17.5 so about a Euro size 28, UK kids 10 ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Are these any good?: https://www.alexandalexa.com/barts-superhero-merino-ski-socks/p/59371?country_override=GB&gclid=CPXc_djT9c8CFcJAGwodnu0Mfg
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@musher, Oh for gods sake, im such an idiot!!!!!

Ive been looking for a mondo 17.5 size sock not a Euro - no wonder I couldn't find any......

Im full of brain farts the at the moment - must be going through the manopause!! Put the nippers ski boots on the wrong feet TWICE the other day Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Well thanks @musher, for making me look a fool in public Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

That was a short thread. Shall we talk about brexit or helmets to make it a little more worthwhile?! snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Decathlon - if there is one near you - they are excellent for kids stuff - we kitted out our twins (when they were 3 1/2) for skiing last year very reasonably and the kit is pretty good. Also the snow boots that Sainsburys do have been very good - no complaints about cold feet etc.

If you are into posh brands then take a look at www.littletrekkers.com got some really good waterproofs from there and think they have ski clothing etc.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@PaulC1984,
I was going to ask how old it was and how you managed to find boots that small wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
haha, trust me, if I could have found boots that small he would have wanted to ski before he could walk Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm very interested to hear that sainsburys boots are good enough. I have two youngsters and for the last two years have bought them expensive snow boots as I can't bare to get to a skiing holiday and they have cold feet for the week. But have always wondered if sainsburys boots are just as good? thanks for that tip!!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Decathlon - if there is one near you - they are excellent for kids stuff

I agree, in general, but I bought some of their kids ski socks and they were enormous. I bought the right size, but the socks seemed to be made for kids with immensely fat feet. Maybe OK, for a short while, in sloppy wellies but for ski boots, absolutely hopeless. Even wearing them round the apartment as apres ski socks didn't work - they just fell off.

Most Decathlon sizing is for skinnies - chic little French kids - but something funny happened with those socks.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just to report back we got some Wigwam merino and Smartwool merino (next size up) from lift trekkers

Socks are amazing and so toasty.

Looked at decathlon but nowhere near as good
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@PaulC1984,
Did you mean Little Trekkers ?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy