Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'Huez Easter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Been to La Plaine last Easter (1st April) and thinking of going to Alpe d' Huez. Has anybody been and is the snow as good as La Plaine, this late in the season?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@louiscrow,

Assume you mean La Plagne? On that basis I'd say probably not quite so good that late as some of the ski area is South facing and not so much North facing. The higher slopes will almost certainly be fine but some of the nice runs to the limits of the ski area may not be fully open. Although talk of a possible cold end to this winter?!?! Les Deux Alpes nearby may be a better option (more North facing) late season?! Obviously depends on how the season turns out with amounts of snow and temperatures. I'd consider the best time to visit Alpe d'Huez as probably February (before it gets too warm and after enough snow has fallen to open all the steeper black runs and created some off-piste depth over the many rocks).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@louiscrow, I have skied Alpe D'huez and linked stations the past two Christmases when snow has been dreadful elsewhere. The highest piste from Pic Blanc is at about 3300 metres meaning you are among the highest in Europe. Lots of south facing slopes lower down but if you check the snow history I think the skiing and snowcover are still extensive in early April. Very good variety of slopes for all levels of skier including Europe's longest black run (or one of them). Not as expensive as 3 Vallées. I think you will not be disappointed, that said I have not skied la plagne so can't compare the two.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys, yes it was La Plagne. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Was there 3rd week of March in 2015 and snow was decent. Think it would have struggled at easter as a lot of lower slopes were starting to close and struggle
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy