Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saas Fee Lift Pass Offer

Poster: A snowHead
This may be of interest to anyone who is thinking of coming to Saas Fee this Winter.

https://www.we-make-it-happen.ch/index.html#shop
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Needs 99,999 subscribers before it can happen? Sounds like a bet! snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
222 Chf for a season pass is pretty chirpy cheep cheep anyway
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
What I couldn't quite understand was if the requisite number of people do not sign up, do you then get billed for a full price season pass?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@suggul, You get entered into a draw, but not sure if they keep your money.

In the unexpected event that the conditions for the deal are not met, you will be entered into an exciting raffle.

The prizes up for grabs are:
1 x Lifetime-WinterCARD Saas-Fee
5 x 15-years-WinterCARDs Saas-Fee
10 x 3-years-WinterCARDs Saas-Fee
50 x 1-year-WinterCARDs Saas-Fee
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Be careful! With global warming all the snow is going to disappear from the Alps pretty soon we are told. Not sure if a 15 year or lifetime pass will be worth much??? 😂😂😂
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yeah, I saw that. Went on to the payment page and it states "Saastal Bergbahnen AG will only withdraw the amount of CHF 211 if 99,999 winter sports fans sign up for our mega-deal by 27 November 2016". That makes it sound like they won't charge you full price for the season pass if enough people don't sign up. I have emailed them to clarify, as I'd be very interested in the deal, otherwise. A 6 day pass costs CHF 365, so even if I only went for a week, that'd be a big saving.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The offer site has now been made the Saas-Fee Facebook page title page, so appears to be a genuine offer Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@PowderAdict, yes and there is a link to it on the official Saas Fee website too, if you search for winter card. Still waiting to hear back from my email about whether I'd get money back or not. Guess they don't work Sundays in off-season.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Your credit card will ONLY be used if there are 100000 people buying this offer else NO card will be credited, and no one will get a cheap ticket, it like kickstarter
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
100k season passes is a hell of a lot to be flogging - do you really want to be skiing there on a day when they all show up? wink

I assume the idea is to flog them widely so people show up for a few weekends or their annual holiday.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just my luck!
The offer closes at the end of November, and nobody will know if it happens before them...

BUT I am there for six days at the beginning of November!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So, got an email back from the tourist board stating: "You don't have to pay before the deal ends. When we reached 99'999 you have to pay.
If we don't reached the limit, you don't have to pay."

Sounds pretty risk free, so I've signed up my wife and I. Now just gotta hope 95000 more people sign up!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've just signed up after I received confirmation from a friend in Saas-Fee (and ski instructor), that it is the real deal. He also confirmed that they are trying to get Saas-Grund in on the deal. He also confirmed that they were already running lifts down to the mid-station chair on Morenia.

The confirmation mail includes the statement "The charge of CHF 588.0 occurs only when 99`999 ski and snowboard fans order until November 27, 2016 Season Pass."

I'm not sure they will get the number required, but if they do, I'll be able to ski for 3 years, for less than the price of 12 days Cool

@Dave of the Marmottes, From the resorts viewpoint, it is a cheap form of advertising (on the basis they don't get the numbers), or a great boost to cash flow, as they will get a minimum of CHF22 million at the start of the season.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
CJS4 wrote:
This may be of interest to anyone who is thinking of coming to Saas Fee this Winter.

https://www.we-make-it-happen.ch/index.html#shop

You bet we are....AGAIN!

Wink
snow report
It's now got to just under 10,000 people signed up with a month still to go so this is acheivable.

Saas Fee has a new lift opening this season with faster access to the Spielboden side as a result. (This is why they need the big cash injection up front)
I have friends who work for the tourist board who were at the official launch of this and can confirm that no money will be taken if they are unsuccessful in getting 100,000 people so there really is nothing to lose.

A whole season pass for less than a four day pass, in a beautiful high alpine resort with tons of early and late season skiing.

I've never found Saas Fee to be overly busy even on weeks when other resorts are rammed so I wouldn't be concerned too much about the extra demand. I believe a lot of it will come from Swiss skiers popping up for weekends etc (that's certainly who this deal is being heavily marketed at) so the holiday skier should still be able to find plenty of space on the slopes through the week.

It's a no-brainer as far as I can see and at least 7 of the passes ordered so far are for me and friends and family of mine with more to follow. Get involved.
snow report
@@fastandicy, +1 on all you say. Just one small correction, actually, the new Spielbodenbahn is already fully funded and is not in any way related to this offer. It is well on its way to completion and is scheduled to open just before Christmas irrespective of the outcome of this deal.
snow report
@psyxologos, 👍🏻
snow conditions
@CJS4, call me a cynic but even projects that are fully funded sometimes come with a debt that would be better paid off sooner rather than later.
Either way I'm stoked with the new lift and the efforts to increase Saas Fee's profile and attendance.
I'll be back out there for the season this year after seven years away and can't wait to return "home"
ski holidays
@fastandicy, the economics of running lift companies are always pretty scary!
The lift pass offer is quite innovatory and certainly would be a welcome boost to cashflow. I think it is in everyone's interest for it to succeed. Time will tell.

Hope you have a good season. If the current conditions are any indication, it could be a good one Smile
snow conditions
Up to 12,000 now....Fair way to go.

Can't see them doing it - but hope I'm wrong....
latest report
@mountainaddict, thats 12,000 sold in five days.

With 31 days still to go if they continued selling at the same rate they'd seal another 74,000+ giving 88,000 sold.
It wouldn't need a big bump to push it up over the 100k mark.
It's starting to get more and more coverage in worldwide press and social media so I wouldn't rule it out just yet.
My advice to everyone, get your order in, that way if we do make it at least you're on board the ship when it sails.
ski holidays
Over 29,000 sold Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
35k+ now...
snow report
Quote:

I've never found Saas Fee to be overly busy even on weeks when other resorts are rammed so I wouldn't be concerned too much about the extra demand. I believe a lot of it will come from Swiss skiers popping up for weekends etc (that's certainly who this deal is being heavily marketed at) so the holiday skier should still be able to find plenty of space on the slopes through the week.

Sorry I started a new thread - didn't see this - was too early and no coffee.

From previous visits to Saas Fee and knowing some of the locals, they are targeting Swiss for weekends especially (trying to steal some from Zermatt too) as well as trying to re-engage the German and Dutch skiers who come throughout the season.

We've been 4 or 5 times in the past few years and never had too much trouble unless snow fall or high winds shuts the Allalin slopes.

Whatever, this is one great deal for a great family resort and with the new Swiss Air flights into Sion from Heathrow in Feb 17.

That means about 1 hour transfer to Saas Fee, so possible for weekends now.

Just checked and up to 37k today... I've just booked a load...
snow report
Just got an email from Saas Fee tourist board that they have hit 75000 passes sold, so the offer is now valid and they will be sending me a confirmation email next week. Interesting that the 100000 target was quietly changed, but I'm not complaining!
snow report
I just got my mail as well. Absolute bargain Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Quite a good start to the seasons snow as well (so far).
snow conditions
Cool. Yep some good snow already from what I hear too - may have to think about upgrading to the 3 year pass to secure those kind of savings too Wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So can you still sign up now that the offer is a goer??
snow conditions
Oh yes... they are aiming to go over the 100,00 - going to be touch and go - but now the offer is live - it's a season pass for CHF 222 or about £185... nice Very Happy

http://bit.ly/2fWorPd

That should take you straight through. Enjoy.
ski holidays
suggul wrote:
Just got an email from Saas Fee tourist board that they have hit 75000 passes sold, so the offer is now valid and they will be sending me a confirmation email next week. Interesting that the 100000 target was quietly changed, but I'm not complaining!

Hmm - a lot probably sold on sale or return to hotels probably I'd expect (or hotels strong armed into it) Pity anyone skiing there on a pow weekend given half of Geneva must have a pass at that price.
ski holidays
I expect that the numbers sold will climb now as a result of the new 'limit' being reached. Those who held off buying on the basis it would never happen, can now buy knowing the deal is confirmed.
snow report
Not bad business though - £14.8m (minimum) raised - plus anyone within a stones throw of Saas fee MUST surely have gone for the 3 year or 15 year pass - so great deals for all. Hope the lift company have not sold the crown jewels too cheaply...
snow conditions
The crwn jewels point is interesting if they've guaranteed themselves no pre-season casflow from locals season passes for 15 years. That's the sort of thing that can send resorts under though I suspect that ultimately the resort ends up tapping up the hotels tob keep going worst case and punters end up paying through increased hotel rates even though they are skiing "for free".
snow report
https://www.we-make-it-happen.ch/index.html

The 3-year pass states "guaranteed validity for three years." The 15-year pass has nothing similar...

The resort could go bankrupt in which case the passes would no longer be valid, guarantee or not.
snow conditions
It's not the resort you want to worry about - the lift company - Bergbahnen - is your target!
snow report
The season passes have only just become available, but this past weekend they were giving free day passes to anyone who had signed up. I also heard that despite the 222 CHF offer being no longer available, you can still get a season pass for ~290 CHF. They must be hoping that there is a kick back for the village from all this, and with New Year virtually a sell out already apparently, it seems it will probably pay off through the tourist tax. It has had a high profile in the media in Switzerland. Good skiing above the Morenia (2550m) at the moment. The run back to the village was open but it was hard/'icy' and not much fun.
latest report
Bit of a bump. Just wondering if any Saas Fee regulars have noticed whether the resort and slopes are any more busy following the lift pass offer. I'm not going until 12th March and looking at the webcams, does not look appreciably busy, but they're not in the best locations to be able to tell how busy the slopes are.
latest report
@suggul, Almost certainly due to the poor snow, rather than anything else. I'll be there from Saturday 21st Jan.
snow conditions
@FreeBeer, indeed locally it's considered to be a real coup by the sass fee tourist office - the long term benefit is risky for the village but it's put sf on the media map....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy