Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trampolining - Back training

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After about 3-4th day skiing (big days) on a weeks holiday I get muscle ache in my lower/mid back, nothing serious just from working muscles I rarely use in the summer. It doesn’t really affect my skiing, but it is a pain when trying to sleep in a bed or sit down eating.

I’ve tired to adjust my summer training to strengthen my back. Mostly in Les Mills Bodypump, but it doesn’t have any lateral movements.

I took my kids to Oxygen Free-jumping trampoline park after there Ski lessons at the Chill FactorE. It think I enjoyed even more that they did and ever since I’ve got the same back muscle ache I get from skiing. It make sense really because some movements are very similar to skiing like jumping left to right between trampolines and Swivel Hips
http://youtube.com/v/h66HXf3_vBU.

Anyway, I’m going to try to include a weekly session in a trampoline park between now and my next holiday to hopefully condition my back.

Does anyone else have same back ache? How do you prep yours?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My suggestion would be Pilates and a good Physical Therapist (to dig into all those muscles that effect the lower back and have tightened up over the years).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am a trampoline coach and I would definitely recommend Pilates and core strengthening exercises. Trampolining without proper instruction can exacerbate back problems especially if you already have some pain. It's the nature of the sport and a common issue. Trampolining is great fun though just be aware of any increase in your pain. Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd also support the Pilates suggestion. Rather than focusing on the back you might need to strengthen and re-engage the core muscles so they're doing the work rather than leaving it to your back to take all the strain.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm also a fan of Pilates. Pilates is not just about the strength that others have highlighted, but also awareness of posture. I would wager that your back pain may be caused by your posture when skiing rather than due to a lack of muscular strength (though the two might well be connected)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
might be worth doing some simple weight exercises - not necessarily squats, but some of the simpler side bends/situps/crunchies - no weights to start with, then progress to hand weights - if you've not done much weight bearing exercise, your core could be quite weak, and additional weights would complement Pilates. Get someone who knows what they're doing to show you though...
(I used to get bachache just from shuffling round shops.... weight training has sorted that out).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy