Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI L2 prep at the PSB?

Poster: A snowHead
The boy, Gregory nailed his L1 this Summer and is enthusiastic and ready to start preparing for L2.
He'll be at the PSB so it seems a good opportunity to get cracking.
Meaiereaiedoconnor is similarly inclined and will be at the PSB for the first weekend as she's very craftily bagging 3 days skiing at the cost of only Monday off work Cool

Instructor-wise we have Gavincrosby who many of us know and love already. He's an L4 and has been a BASI trainer recently, though not currently. However, we also have Flocon, Izzy Milne who is a current BASI trainer. She's previously instructed for us at the PSB and the EoSB to great effect!

So I was thinking, the potential exists to do something a bit more seriously L2-ey over Sat,Sun+Mon of the PSB.

There are a lot of 'foundation' courses knocking around to prep you for L2. Most of these last 5 days and are for groups of 10.
So... Chatting with Gavin and Izzy, I've come up with a plan.
We think it's entirely feasible to give at least the same level of coaching/coverage in 3 days with a smaller group - say, 6 max.
Gavin would do the introductory day on the Saturday, then Izzy would take over to do days 2 & 3.

Does this sound of interest to anyone?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@admin, is there any prerequisite (other than being on the PSB) to participating?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well since it is specifically about preparing for L2 it doesn't really make sense for anyone who hasn't passed L1.

There will be lots of other, non-L2 specific instruction available during the week.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would be very interested in participating
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Obviously, you'd be most welcome @RakTrak but I thought you were unable to make the PSB now?

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 20-10-16 0:38; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've just pinged the links over to a couple of people who may be up for it but are not on the trip as yet Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@admin, if you change my forum name to Meaiereaiedoconnor I'll never be able to login again!

This will make most sense to people who are between L1 and L2 with BASI but obviously if you're working through a different instructor pathway that'll be fine. If you've passed L2 but want a bit of an informal refresher this would suit. It'll be quite techie and geeky tho so if you haven't been doing instructor courses you might struggle a bit with the terminology and jargon.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
admin wrote:
Does this sound of interest to anyone?

Hell yes. Sadly I can't make the PSB.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@UkuleleDave, if you are interested in a week of training to help you towards Level 2 instructor exams, we have one place left on our Instructor Tune-Up course in Meribel in January. Five days of all-day coaching, video feedback, etc, with a group who are Level 1 instructors with BASI and/or IASI, most of whom are members of snowHeads as well. The course is being delivered by Del Chandler, BASI Trainer.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks @rob@rar. Shame - January is also out for me now... If you were to be doing something similar in March though? That I could maybe get away with.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@UkuleleDave, unfortunately we don't have an instructor-training specific course in March, although the top level group on all our trips would be useful if you are working towards instructor exams, as generally we are quite technical in our coaching approach, especially if we know that any of our clients (typically three or four in our top group will be L1 qualified) are working towards exams.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I can highly recommend @rob@rar's courses if the timing works out for you, @UkuleleDave.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Very interested to do this - looking into logistics (the rest of the family really relish the idea of a 3 am wake up call on Saturday...).

Rob - quite looking forward to the week in Meribel too!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@rob@rar, can you convince my wife to let me stay in the 3v's after our New Year week and I'll come to the tune-up Wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Little Martin, Laughing What I've found to be a successful tactic with my girlfriend is to point out that it is essential training, will be hard work and I really won't be there to enjoy myself. I think she believes me.
snow conditions
I'm interested, I may be able to shift some work around the December weekend, but need more detail on the weekend PSB option and when the training will take place.
latest report
@anarchicsaltire, to the best of my knowledge, the plan is for three full days of training - Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

My flights are:
BA0738 2 Dec 2016
19:10
Heathrow (London)
21:50
Geneva
Terminal 1

BA0737 5 Dec 2016
20:50
Geneva
21:35
Heathrow (London)
snow report
@anarchicsaltire, there are some already doing the weekend, sorting their own travel - Digger the Dinosaur is looking after plans between GVA and Tignes. I just spoke to him and he's got various schemes in mind, between them allowing up to 4 more to join in. Most come out in the region of £50ea.

From my end, I can do the 3 nights at Le Taos (Fri,Sat,Sun), 3 days lift pass (Sat,Sun,Mon), 2xdinners(Sat,Sun) and the 3 days training for £575 (with a little something off for supermegas as usual Wink ).
snow report
The plan is coming together Cool
@Maireadoconnor, @anarchicsaltire, @Gregory are definite.
Windy Van Kriess could be thinking about maybe becoming a possible/probable at some point.
Max 6 places so a couple more possible.
ski holidays
Just to update the GVA to Tignes transfer list, currently 7 outbound and 6 inbound, which is close to sensible limit for the standard minibus transfers.

I'm sure I could cope with one more somehow, but if anyone is wavering I'd make a decision sooner rather than later as I want to get it booked by Sunday.
ski holidays
@Digger the dinosaur, Very Happy
Shall I keep my skis with me if we're having a bus, or is it still better to use DadminTransport?
snow report
@Hurtle, assume DadminTransport Solutions is the best option for now, will confirm when I know exactly how big a bus we have. I know a couple of others are bringing skis, so the less baggage the better generally. Worst case if the bus is very full we have decided that you can sit on my knee Very Happy
ski holidays
@Digger the dinosaur, Laughing
snow conditions
Remember how much gear we got in the van at the SOPB from Grenoble @Hurtle, with 7 of us all going for a full week Smile
ski holidays
Well, 5 and 2 halves Wink
ski holidays
@Linds, absolutely, that's why I asked.
ski holidays
I shall ignore the previous comment.
latest report
Laughing Pixie power snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is there still a place for a lonely coyote?
latest report
I should probably point out that this course now has 6 on it so is full snowHead

If there is strong enough interest, I'd be happy to look at setting up, either a 2nd group or repeating the course later in the week, depending upon whether and when a BASI trainer is available.
Express any interest here or to me directly by PM.

Further, I've been looking at options for the Boy to do his BASI L2 assessment before Christmas.
Anyone interested in L2 assessment? http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=127804
ski holidays
Great 3 days, my thanks to Gavin and Izzy for the feedback. To the other five 'candidates', thanks for the support and being so much fun to ski with.
ski holidays
Any chance of doing a similar course for the EoSB?
snow report
@Jonny2Skis, we had loads of fun as an 'advanced' group lesson with a specific focus on the BASI criteria for some of us. I imagine something could be arranged for the eosb, numbers permitting.

I'm off to Lauterbrunnen tomorrow for my L2 course; wish me luck!
snow report
@Maireadoconnor, Good luck. Very Happy
snow conditions
@Maireadoconnor, good luck. I'm sure you'll be fine.
snow conditions
@Maireadoconnor, good luck for the L2. I'm doing my L1 assessment in a week too 😳
snow report
@Jonny2Skis, well, good luck to you too Jonny Very Happy
snow report
@Jonny2Skis, I might well be interested in doing something L2 focused at the EoSB if the opportunity arises. Current fallback plan is private lesson + moguls/offpiste clinc(s) if it doesn't

Good luck with L1 (and also to you@Maireadoconnor for your L2)
snow report
@Tubaski, thanks for the good wishes. I've a similar plan if there's nothing specific organised. I know a few really good instructors in the area and a few of us could join together if there's enough interest.
snow conditions
@Jonny2Skis, the EoSB lessons are with excellent instructors! And are really good value too. Theres certainly the opportunity to share private lessons too...
Take a look at last years EoSB lessons thread to get the flavour...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy