Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Zell am See, Kaprun, Kitzsteinhorn snow report 2016/17

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@RetroBod, at home unfortunately but I'm almost always looking on here.
http://www.bergfex.com/schmittenhoehe-zellamsee/wetter/berg/
http://www.bergfex.com/schmittenhoehe-zellamsee/webcams/

Today - snowing all last night and today - the lake has been frozen over since the second week of January.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just had a couple of good days skiing on the Kitzsteinhorn. The weather wasn't of the best on Thursday, with light snowfall and poor visibility, especially on the lower pistes. That made the skiing hard work for me, skiing in the clouds. It was also pretty cold at times, -15°C up top. However, there were also some glimpses of the sun. This was the view as I arrived at the Alpincenter about 10:30...

But that was all compensated for by the snow, which was the best I have see for a long time. Despite being quite busy the pistes were in great condition and off piste was super too. I only made a couple of short excursions there - others were more adventurous, one time down the area between the Sonnenkar I and Schmiedinger chairlifts...

Later going down to the Kristallbahn...

And just to show it wasn't all gloomy, here some blue sky...

All in all, an interesting day.

On Friday johnbarr was there too and we were blessed with a perfect ski day, blue skies and sun with great snow. The slopes were quite busy but there was still no real queuing for lifts and quieter on the less popular pistes. Here is view looking down piste 11 to the lift stations at Langwied...

This was the panorama from the top of the T-bar on the Maurer glacier...

Piste 2, the Gletschersee piste, has a new alignment this winter, further away from the (new) Schmiedinger chairlift. It is probably even better now than the previous piste, slightly longer and with a steep drop in the middle. Here's the view...

That was a great day's skiing!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had another super ski day (well, just an afternoon) on the Kitzsteinhorn today. It was all blue sky and sun. The slopes were remarkably quiet, though the snow is no longer quite as good as last week. Here's a photo looking down towards the Alpincenter...

However, this post can concentrate more on what is going on in Zell am See. The demolition of the Areitbahn I gondola has begun...

The old cabins are being taken away...

And a sample of what is coming to replace them, now called the Areit Xpress, is already there...

Come on, next season!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I too spent last Friday on the Kitzsreinhorn with my three boys and would agree with the above that it was one of the best days skiing I have ever have had, the boys who are 4, 7 and 8 had a ball on the lovely grippy snow on the pistes and the older boys had their first experiences of deep powder off piste
Considering the conditions and the number of cars in the car parks I did not find the slopes at all busy and the only time I can remember a queue was after lunch at the Alpinecenter
All in all it was a great end to this years ski season for us.
Roll on next year when there should be some big developments in the Zell/Kaprun area
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There was an artist's impression of the new AreitXpress valley station on Facebook the other day...
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154617037798129&substory_index=0&id=31085898128
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks airy. I presume the new building will have escalators rather than just the staircase as up till now.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Stairs and lift according to the comments...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy