Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt (and Cervinia) 2016/17

Poster: A snowHead
@Garethr, myself and Snow Penguin will be there for the weekend of 11-13th November. Let us know if you fancy meeting up.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Gämsbock, Sounds awesome! As an FYI there is a shop in Zermatt called Yosemite who have a Ski test on that weekend. It's free Very Happy and they have a really nice range of freeride ski's available to test Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Will make a call on Wednesday morning (when I speak to Yosemite to find out if it will go ahead) and let you know.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great to see the Sunnegga webcam showing good snowfall last night - its been a few years since I've seen Trifti covered in early Nov.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Garethr, great! Hope to see you there and thanks for the info 're ski testing!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Any boots on the ground SnowHeads got an update on Zermatt - SnowForecast showing snowfall last night and all through today...any evidence of that in resort?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Run28, would be able to report tomorrow only - can't wait snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@mooney058, thanks - predicted snowfall tonight looks impressive!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Run28, webcams show plenty of snow on roofs in Zermatt town.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@5RED, Spotted that, starting to look very festive...need that mid base layer built.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boy cervinia kaking a pounding. Wonder if that's them set up for the season snow wise now?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@scotspikey, looking good for Cervinia - 35cm at base and 135cm at summit.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Now reporting 70cm at base, 210 cm at summit!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wow - must have thumped it down last night. Is that the fresh snowfall or the added levels?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Added to the levels. Its still thumping it down now. The webcams look awesome.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I want to go now.... Cant wait till march, it will be gone by then 😂😂
snow conditions
71 days for me. I'm not counting. After the stress the lack of snow caused me for a good 2 months before we went to Passo Tonale last year, to see this amount of snow falling is amazing. Even with a heavy warm spell between now and then, being 2000m plus should mean that its all good already.
latest report
Runs down to Furgg open today. Very nice to see.
snow report
From the Schwarzee webcam they were hammering the runs with the cannons for the past few weeks. That last storm must have been the icing on the cake to get it kicked off. Wonder when they will debate on opening Rothorn....snow level up there is looking good.
snow report
And lovely snow
latest report

Nice day here
latest report
@Gämsbock, is that a live shot? Piste conditions must be exceptional?
ski holidays
@Run28, yes taken at 10:30 this morning. Conditions are indeed excellent Happy
snow conditions
Those Furggsattel runs would be perfect - guessing on the angle that's on the chairlift up to there...not jealous at all...
ski holidays
Just in from a fab day...runs open: the Furggsattel glacier runs; the run down to Furgg; the top glacier runs via the cable car (top glacier drags not open for some reason), the slopes from Testa Grigia, plus Ventina on the Italian side (awesome, but big queue for cable car back up). Zermatt is picture postcard perfect, draped in the foot or so of snow that fell over the last 2 days. It's chilly and the snow cannons are working. The snow is perfect and we have been playing in the powder off the side, though it is rather windblown in places.
Off to the SchaeferStube tonight...last night of honeymoon, so we are dining in style.
Tomorrow is our last day. Have put our flight back to late so we can enjoy skiing until 2pm and make up for the lost time in the slopes earlier on in the week when the wind and weather closed the lifts.
snow conditions
Sounds fantastic, thanks for the update. Very jealous I must say!
ski holidays
As@Gämsbock, said - a beatifil day and sqeaky snow Smile
snow report
As@Gämsbock, said - a beatifil day and sqeaky snow Smile
snow report
The pistes are now open down to Plan Maison on the Cervinia side. And in the Valtournenche sector they are open down to Salette. This really is a great start to the season.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The size of crevasses on top to the direction of Cervinia next to piste 7 - it is huge and there are ski tracks next to it 😳
Have to confess though - altitude, first day of the season and lots of skiing made my head spin
snow report
mooney058 wrote:
The size of crevasses on top to the direction of Cervinia next to piste 7 - it is huge and there are ski tracks next to it 😳

I haven't been over that side this winter so I don't know if that is a new one. There was a big crevasse just to skier's right off number 7 piste from previous years - we might be talking about the same one. You got a good view of it coming up lift F from Laghi Ciami Bianche. Yet, as you say, people still skied "over" it. In the lift up to Klein Matterhorn from Trockener Steg they actually had a picture of what a large part of the glacier looked like in the summer with all the exposed crevasses that are covered in snow in the winter and a notice telling people not to go there.
snow conditions
Anyone care to hazard a guess on general resort roll out opening? Interested to know if the general consensus out there is that an earlier opening than normal is possible considering the conditions?
ski holidays
Zermatt Bergbahnen Instagram account have kindly answered my question....turns out its 11 days (26th November)
snow report
What's a normal opening date for Zermatt? Things do look good that way.
snow report
Its usually around that time to the best of my knowledge. Can see they are furiously getting the pistes compacted on Rothorn which is always a great sign.
snow report
Toadman wrote:
What's a normal opening date for Zermatt? Things do look good that way.

Getting the pistes open is not generally a problem for Zermatt. Being high and a lot of it being north facing with good quality snow making sees to that. The bigger question is the quality of the skiing.

The high glacier is open all year round. The runs from Furggsattel to Trockener Steg are scheduled to open mid-October but need at least one good storm to do so. This year the storm turned up just at the right time and so those pistes opened on schedule. They actually opened on time last year as the early snow was good but it was followed by the December drought.

The bonus this year has been the runs down to Furgg opening so early. It is quite hard to open much else because the workers won't be there until late this month to man all the facilities.

As noted the rest of resort is due to open late November and looks certain to do so. Often the first opening does not include the runs down to town (not that they are much cop). But even they might open straight away this year because the snow is so good. Last year they got them open just in time for Christmas - much to the relief of the apres ski bars!
ski holidays
have a beautiful picture from last weekend in Zermatt but no idea of how to post it here Puzzled
snow report
I might be jumping the gun slightly....but next week is looking quite spectacular in both Zermatt & Cervinia snow wise.

PRAY FOR SNOW! Twisted Evil
latest report
Yes! The snow looks to be great next week. I'm doing the snow dance as I write this Smile
snow conditions
Schwarzsee down to Furi now open as welll.
snow report
Does anybody know if Saas Fee or any resorts with easy access from Zermatt are open this week?
Somebody we know is on the second week of a BASI level 2 course in Zermatt but the lifts in Zermatt have been closed since Sunday due to high winds so no snow time for the last 3 days which is not ideal. Nothing seems to be planned if the lifts are closed again tomorrow so thought it was worth seeing if anybody has any suggestions.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy