Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skinny Jackets

Poster: A snowHead
I was just trying to find a new coat for the snow and they're all huge. I used to be Medium but now I'm Small, it seems. I have the same issue with pants, which seem like the sort of thing I could inflate and paddle across the Atlantic on, but they look like (very trendy I suspect) clown pants on me.

Does anyone know a brand who does extra small sizes?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Even though I'm still in the light heavyweight category, I find Men's jackets far too voluminous in the gut section.

So I've bought a couple of female shell jackets over the past 4 seasons, especially if they're stretch.

Fit well across the shoulders and back and fitted to the hip.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I find Norrona to be pretty slim fitting, but still fairly long and with room for shoulders.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ahem. Actually yeah, the female stuff does look less like it's made for people with fast food habits. I'm looking at shells of course. Norrona. I'll look, although I tried their S pants and they're in the potential inflatable class. Maybe I should emigrate to Japan or Singapore or something.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I do not apply to this thread, but good luck finding something.

I found Oakley stuff designed for someone thinner than me.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I tried on some Norrona pants last year and I found the fit was really for a slim Norse God that wore stilts.

Thats not me.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
philwig wrote:
Ahem. Actually yeah, the female stuff does look less like it's made for people with fast food habits. I'm looking at shells of course. Norrona. I'll look, although I tried their S pants and they're in the potential inflatable class. Maybe I should emigrate to Japan or Singapore or something.

I've never tried their pants, but it sounds like I'm a similar build to you (often between sizes M is often like a tent around the stomach, but S often too tight around shoulders).
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mountain Equipment gear is usually designed with a "leaner" cut, try them.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@philwig, if you can find it, I find that Millet (the French version, not Millets) is super skinny, jackets at least. I am far from big but find the standard cut too slim.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I find arctryx have reasonably trim jackets whilst still leaving some space for layers (or maybe I'm just tubbier than I think?). Also Norrona.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Spyder is ideal for the fuller figure, plenty of room for a proper lunch.

No good for the poster though.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Look at Peak Performance. Also designed for those slim Norse gods that @DrLawn mentioned.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
https://www.longtallsally.com/

Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My mate STanton wants to know where to get xxxxxxxxl clothes, , he is 5,2 and 52 kilos, but snowboards
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
think both arcteryx and mountain equipment do jackets in 3 different cuts (athletic / alpine / expedition or something depending on how much room they allow underneath for layers / beer bellies. Just need to pick models with the "athletic" cut
snow conditions
Technical ski touring jackets are normally slim fitting.
snow report
Maybe something from Hyra: http://www.hyra.it/index.asp
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy