Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2016/2017: Méribel, Courchevel, Val Thorens, Les Menuires, La Tania, St Martin

Poster: A snowHead
@malks, I haven't been to Clos Bernard this season but just stay on the main track with the flags rather than take the little shortcuts which sometimes get skied in and can be bumpy. Also there are two options once you leave the restaurant. You follow the signed path which goes downhill then you can turn right and follow the flags which lead you back on to the blue piste to Meribel Village, or continue on the horse drawn sleigh/cross country track back towards the Blanchot restaurant and the Altiport chair. That route is a bit of a slog though...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
the weather forecast predicted that it would snow all night (since 6pm, non-stop until tomorrow noon).

the reality turned out even better (well, better for those, who are arriving on Saturday; as for those of us already here, I would prefer the snowfall to begin a bit later and to end before 9am)

very light snowfall since lunchtime (~1pm)

very heavy snowfall in Courchevel since about 4pm, visibility on Saulire is poor. Not great in 1850 at about 5pm too: wet snow + wind. Still, great news for those arriving on Saturday.

In fact, I think, I would recommend those who can take a week off work at such a short notice to come to Courchevel this Saturday. Firstly, I've just checked the prices on the popular hotel booking web-site, and apparently they are only 20% - 25% higher than a week ago (when both the current snow status and the forecast were not looking great). Secondly, even if you are not very price-sensitive, the absence of queues and semi-empty pistes should be tempting for you.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
the weather is less rosy (to put it mildly) now: I am not sure, whether it's snowing or raining... Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rain in Le Praz 1300 at the mo
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
been tonkin' it down (with rain) in St Martin since about 6pm.......
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I hope the sleet doesn't cause too much damage to the slopes...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Today the slopes were so good! I was so much looking forward to tomorrow's day of skiing!!! and now this Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Due to get colder overnight, so surely any damage will be minimilised by snow early doors tomorrow morning?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Drew, that's what I am telling myself, too... The forecast is still the same - "snowing all night and all day tomorrow". Fingers crossed.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Indeed keeping everything crossed. Puzzled
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If it's raining down there I'm guessing it will be snowing a little further up the hill. Looks like the warm temps are to be replaced with much cooler soon according to the various forecasts, fingers crossed for you (and me out on 22nd 😀)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
fresh snow on the balcony feeds my optimism Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
not been outside yet but looks like a few (maybe 3-4) inches of snow here in St Martin. Still snowing lightly
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
it is apparently snowing heavily in Courchevel (but I haven't been outside yet either).

The gondola opens at 08:45. We are planning to be among the first on Saulire Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
the slopes are FANTASTIC!!!
ski holidays
absolutely F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C everywhere!!!!!
ski holidays
(typing that word like that on a small smartphone shows the effort, which reflects the degree of fantasticity Happy )
ski holidays
Very Happy

I'm not jealous at all....
snow report
@andymb, excellent news, and @HumptyDumpty, very glad to hear. Arriving to St Martin tomorrow NehNeh
ski holidays
@HumptyDumpty, good to hear, just about to head out
snow report
Yipppppeeeeeeeer, arriving Sunday for first every winter holiday!!! Can't wait.
ski holidays
@HumptyDumpty, major traffic problems with the busses, stay to the lift system
ski holidays
dvb wrote:
@HumptyDumpty, major traffic problems with the busses, stay to the lift system

Expected as much. Hope they manage to keep on top of the road clearing and delays not too horrendous.
ski holidays
extremely unpleasant skiing on the top: strong wind, heavy snowfall, very cold. The wind blows off the snow from the pistes.

A bit lower down there's a paradise. I could not believe my eyes when I measured the depth of fresh snow on the "chenus" piste: 45cm!!! FOURTY FIVE!!!!!!!!
Very pleasant skiing there, not too windy, good visibility.
ski holidays
overall about 10cm fresh snow
ski holidays
@dvb, cheers!
snow report
@Drew Carey, very lucky you! Perfect timing.[/code]
snow conditions
this has made my day! currently trying to finish (a lot!!!) of work before hometime today, but keep getting sidetracked with webcams and snowy pictures on instagram...... but looks like I couldn't have time my holiday better, arriving sunday for the week! shaping up to be pretty good.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
still snowing (good for those coming tomorrow, sort pf bad for us here), still windy.
latest report
@malks, we've gad a good week here, i can't complain, but can't help feeling a bit jealous )
latest report
gondolas are a blessing today.
snow report
Just back in, great safe powder between the pistes in La Tania between the trees, very windy up top. A good day
ski holidays
it has been snowing non-stop since yesterday (well, with some snow/sleet yesterday evening), and it keeps snowing! It slowed down a bit now.
ski holidays
we had a crazy day
8:40am - already skiing
5:01pm - still skiing
non-stop, not even a lunch break! Returning to London tomorrow.
snow conditions
So anyone have any idea when some of the closed runs Jerusalem etc and closed lifts will be opened now there's snow? Is it a mad rush to increase skiable km's for reputation purposes or more of an economic calculation dependant on lift pass sales?
snow report
I'm getting to Meribel from 21st, can't wait! Would love to do some touring. Is it easy to hire a guide or are there groups that go out?
snow conditions
it has been snowing non-stop (this seems to be my favourite word now), and still snowing lightly now.
I've just found a good spot for an accurate measurement, and the reading is: 40cm fresh snow in Courchevel over the past 46 hours snowfall
ski holidays
Very Happy
latest report
Great day today exploring Meribel and courchevel. snow really good every where but very cold - minus 16 in st Martin at 9:00 Madeye-Smiley

Loved the runs home to St Martin, great nick and so fast!
ski holidays
Conditions are very good on piste. Now I just wish they would open Jerusalem, which they say is closed due to lack of snow!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy