Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Single Female Intermediate Jan/Feb 2017

Poster: A snowHead
Hi
50th birthday in Feb, looking to join/make up a group for last week January 2017 or thereabouts.
Done this sort of get a group together thing before.
Intermeidate but haven't skied for 4 years so will be rusty.
Prefer a nice chalet with a hot tub.
Midlands based, but can meet Geneva. etc
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Chillid, How about the Snowheads birthday bash. No organising needed and it starts on the 4th February. Buttons will be up soon but here's a link. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=119858
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Chillid, The pre BB bash might also suit you as the is late January to February. Have a look at what's available here. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=52715
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Chillid, Welcome to snowHeads. snowHead
As geepee said, either the preBB in Alleghe or the Birthday Bash in Arabba might suit you very well. If you've never been to that part of the Italian Dolomites then as an intermediate on piste skier you'll be in for a treat - the pistes are very well maintained, the scenery is stunning and the food at the mountain restaurants is generally excellent and very good value. Plus the company of fellow snowHeads who are quite a convivial bunch. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not for me thanks, no flights from where I live.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chillid wrote:
Not for me thanks, no flights from where I live.

Try living in the SW! I nearly always have a 3-4hr journey to get to Gatwick for most of my ski trips.

Seriously though one of the bashes could be a good shout, there's a selection of 3 around late January/early February. THe MYAsH, pre-Birthday and Birthday Bash.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Chillid, I don't want this to seem like we're over-enthusiastically ganging up on you if you really don't want to go on a bash (they're not actually compulsory) but when you say "no flights from where I live" your location says 'Staffs' so surely EMA is good for you?

Skyscanner Birthday Bash EMA-Venice £93

PreBBWUW is even cheaper at £67!
Skyscanner Pre Birthday Bash Warm Up EMA-Venice
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks, I was looking at BHX. Hadn't thought of EMA as nothing of use usually goes from there.
But to be honest, it sounds like too much of a party thing for me.
I prefer a smaller group.
But thank you.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Chillid, It is easy to be intimidated by the thought of joining a large group that seems to be a big party but the reality is a snowheads bash isn't really like that despite what people might like to claim.

What you will find is a friendly atmosphere where you can be as social or antisocial as you like but the main thing is that you will always find some people you can ski and eat with and a test of whether it is the solution for a solo skier for the future. I'd point to the evidence of the number of nervous first timers who subsequently say it was the best ski holiday of their life. ( of course the flip side is we probably don't see the people who hate it so much they never darken these pages again)

That said - you know yourself and your own degree of sociability so it would be crazy to twist your arm.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Chillid, the MYAsH Bash definitely isn't a big party (a few nights out of you want though). I went for the first time last year with some trepidation and mostly ended up skiing with a handful of people. At the end of the day there'd be a drink or two and a chat over dinner. It really can be what you want it to be, if you just want to stay quietly away from people in the evening then that's perfectly fine too Smile

Like admin says though, don't want to seem like we're ganging up, I genuinely think that it's an experience most keen skiers would enjoy.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Dave of the Marmottes, thanks for the honesty.... I'm thinking about the Eo April bash & I guess the Lardy bus from Genva would be a good intro to others.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've arranged about 4 or 5 holidays by putting out an advert and gathering a group together. But no more than 12 I think was the biggest, but there was another family of 5 when we got there. We had a great laugh, everyone got on. But this Bash holiday sounds way to big for my liking. Just like a nice chalet for 10-16 ish, and a hot tub.
I had a ski holiday based in a hotel once and the atmosphere wasn't so good.
I can tell by the replies that it will be a friendly gathering, and it's kind of people to give me positive feedback to help make a decision. Just feel I prefer smaller.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The bashes are really great, give it a try. I went to Alleghe & Arabba last year, they were 2 really great weeks. Just like one big happy family.
Regarding flights Monarch fly to Venice & maybe Easyjet, just haven't got time to check.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Chillid, Hi I am a 50 something female looking for a group to join in January. Nice chalet with hot tub sounds good to me, but would prefer my own room if possible, willing to pay supplements if I have to. Have you had any other replies?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Welcome to snowHeads @snoangel snowHead
snow report
We have availability for up to 2 females in a mixed chalet Meribel Jan 28th, 7 nights in a fully catered chalet, should be high standard but no hot tub. We are a group of friends who met through the forum few years ago and we still get together every year for great skiing and good company. The group is mixed, aged from early 40's to late 50's, intermediate to advanced level. Not everyone can make it each year so it's nice to have the chance for others to come along. Some of the group are single, others have partners who don't ski. We all fly from regional airports to Geneva so there's usually a good range of flight options, though we try to coordinate arrival times for the sake of transfers to resort. We have a bit of flexibility with rooming so if anyone's interested we could work something out. Price is about £550 plus flights and transfers.
latest report
@Chillid. Have you found anything yet. if not maybe we can help as we have a lady looking foir a room share sc at La thuile 22nd Jan. PM me
snow report
I am interested in your group. I am intermediate female skier probably the one that bald eagle an mentioned. My husband has used all his holidays for this year and I haven't so ...
I have not been skiing with complete strangers before but get along with most people and skiers are very friendly. Love staying in chalets and don't mind room sharing but only with females.
Would need to fly from midlands or Manchester.
Please let me know.
Many thanks
Hayley
snow report
Singlesport is in Courchevel on 21 Jan if that would work? Lots of solo travellers similar age
snow report
I have availability in my chalet at Les Arcs for w/b 14th or 21st January for single skiers. Ski to the door, hot-tub, wifi, ensuite rooms, small supplement for single occupancy, negotiable. Mature, comfortable, friendly atmoshpere. See www.skiadventures.co.uk for details
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy