Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Winter 16/7 Bargain Ski Holidays

Poster: A snowHead
Les Arcs 2000 option at £295 (same dates) not too bad either as you'll probably have some snow from the door rather than a possible trip higher although the slope options more limited at height.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Christmas week in Aple d'Huez anyone ?

Leaving from Edinburgh based on two adults & 2 children :-

Based in Quartier des Bergers Apartments, self catering, in a studio (so it will be pretty small).

Departing on the 24th, returning on the 31st.

However the price including flights & transfers is an incredible £ 155 per person (reduced from 714 per person) ! £ 620 for a family of four.

You can upgrade to B&B for £ 232 pp or half board for £ 337 pp too.

Aple d'Huex is open for skiing :-

Open trails
29/135

Open lifts
25/70

Bargain.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have just noticed that they have a catered chalet in AdH for £ 302 reduced from £ 902 rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
RocketSki have a great deal for new year week to Risoul - £249pp including flights, transfers, accommodation and half board. Departures from London or Manchester.

http://www.rocketski.com/208-nye-price-drop
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Had a rake through Inghams 'offers' for January low season deals flying from Edinburgh (Inghams dont do Glasgow). Pretty surprised at how low prices are already 4-5 weeks in advance, even catered chalets.
Couldn't get close to those prices going DIY travelling from Scotland I dont think, certainly not when it's just a week's break.
With the £ as weak as it is these offers seem very good! Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
2015 the pound was 1.35 at Christmas
2014 was 1.25
2013 the same as today
2012 the pound was 1.24
2011 same or slightly worse
2010 slightly lower at 1.17

its not enough, so on 1000 Euros, other than last year typically that's about £50 between now and average values. Last year was a bonus. Nobody cancels on a 5% increase.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
is alpine elements working for anyone, as i go to the next step after picking the rooms, it just goes to an error page.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@sn00boarder,

The website is rubbish so you get this error page on occasion (could be the result of a timeout). Persistence should mean it eventually works. None of the ski holiday websites are very good.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@JoyZipper,

Those deals ok but nothing too special.

@JandO ,

The RosketSki prices seem good though. Worth considering as an option for NY Week depending on probable conditions (perhaps waiting for the High to shift before booking or seeing if the possible southern Low brings snow into the Risoul area).

Also worth making sure you don't book outside 29 days to ensure you don't get any surcharge Smile!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Risoul seems to be doing well for snow, looking at the webcams. Get on that Homme de Pierre ball-breaker button lift....
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Millom wrote:

@JandO ,

The RosketSki prices seem good though. Worth considering as an option for NY Week depending on probable conditions (perhaps waiting for the High to shift before booking or seeing if the possible southern Low brings snow into the Risoul area).

I've booked with them at the same price for Christmas week, never used them before - I shall report back! From what I can tell, Risoul seems to be getting the best of the snow so far, fingers crossed it gets a big dump of it in the next few days...

I've been pretty impressed in my dealings with Rocket Ski. They usually cater to school groups so I'm not expecting a luxury experience, but the prices seem very reasonable nonetheless.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@JandO,

Would be good to have a report Smile!

Spent a Christmas trip last year at a Chalet Hotel used mainly by school groups (but not the week I was there) and the staff were fine, rooms not great but ok, food nice enough, and places to sit and chat etc. I go on ski holidays for the skiing/snow so good value accommodation is my main criteria rather than luxury.

Risoul is a nice enough ski area connected to Vars via a long blue. I've spent a few days there.

Risoul should get some of the weather going to the South West Alps if it arrives but as you say maybe has better snow than much of France thus far.

Anyway hope you have a nice trip.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Skiworld/Iglu have a week over Christmas in Zug, 3km from Lech, for £279. (Chalet Alpenland, departing 20th Dec., flights, transfers and chalet board included.) Doesn't seem to be much snow to speak of, but if you'd prefer a week of winter walking, staying in a traditional Tyrolean hamlet, rather than Christmas in UK under these grey skies, this has got to be hard to beat!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Millom wrote:
@JandO,

Would be good to have a report Smile!

Spent a Christmas trip last year at a Chalet Hotel used mainly by school groups (but not the week I was there) and the staff were fine, rooms not great but ok, food nice enough, and places to sit and chat etc. I go on ski holidays for the skiing/snow so good value accommodation is my main criteria rather than luxury.

Risoul is a nice enough ski area connected to Vars via a long blue. I've spent a few days there.

Risoul should get some of the weather going to the South West Alps if it arrives but as you say maybe has better snow than much of France thus far.

Anyway hope you have a nice trip.

I'm with you there - who needs luxury when you spend all day on the slopes anyway? As long as there's hot water, a comfy bed and edible food..... Smile

Thank you for your kind wishes!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@JandO, enjoy. I love Risoul and would gladly return. Homme de Pierre sector is really nice and is usually quiet. Mainly because of the ball-breaker button lift..... I've done a TR on Risoul somewhere on snowHead
latest report
The Alpine Elements holidays to Val/Les Arcs/Meribel all now around £250 for the 9 days. Bargain price but again not very good snow - must be of interest to someone though and you could get lucky with some new snow whilst in resort. Can't see them bothering to drop these prices much further but they may start to drop the following weeks' prices.
snow report
Options for 8 days from 31st Dec @ under £400 in St Anton and Morzine could also be worth a punt at the price. These would go up in price lots if the snow does arrive I'd guess.
snow conditions
That's cheaper than living at home!! Shame about that work and family thing.
latest report
SkiWorld prices now also from £240 for 7 days leaving 20th Dec.
latest report
A few cheap options for 1 week in January (Manchester flight chosen so price variations for other airports) which may or may not turn out good for snow:

Kitzbuhel 7th Jan BB 209 p/p (v. good location)
Arinsal 14th Jan HB 241 p/p (v. good reviews but bus to slopes)
latest report
Jet2 are offering ski carriage for £1.
snow conditions
Advanced skier / GS, intermediate off-piste, beginner snowboarder.
Interested in late deals as these are great offers. You can get 2-3 trips from the usual budget!

>50% off offers updates:
http://www.skiworld.co.uk/ski-deals/last-minute-offers
http://www.igluski.com/ski-holidays/last-minute-ski-holidays?fr=LGW&nts=any&price=219to849&ad=any&ch=any&perpage=10&sort=2&state=0

La Plagne. 4* £250 HB!
http://www.takemeskiing.co.uk/ski-holiday-chalet-roussette-la-plagne-france/

Keep in touch for Feb / March as smaller resorts like Bulgaria would be good to practice snowboarding.
latest report
Alpine elements have a last minute half term holiday to La Plagne (catered chalet) for £395.

A few other options for not much more too.

http://www.alpineelements.co.uk/ski-holidays/ski-deals.html?gclid=CjwKEAiAoOvEBRDD25uyu9Lg9ycSJAD0cnByUHjKH_HbMozeEkn2KQ8yc20lhHC-uEP26IRFx7IQ3xoCYRzw_wcB
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy