Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Winter 16/7 Bargain Ski Holidays

Poster: A snowHead
First deals I've noticed of the new season:

1. Ski Total had/has a discount plus reduced lift pass offer (I think until sold out and the better deals may be gone)
2. Crystal is offering until Monday a discount plus small savings on extras

This means you could get a weeks HB holiday over New Year (31Dec-) for £321+ (from a number of different airports) in Soll (no guarantee of snow but they'd probably move you in that case). For anyone who needs to travel that week it seems like a very good deal and maybe worth the risk.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Will be keeping an eye on this thread.

I will just add that the £100 discount that Crystal are currently offering only applies to holidays leaving in December.

Black Friday should be a good time to grab a bargain. From memory (last year) you could get 1 week in the Alps for under £300.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sorry to ask, I did search it first to no avail so it's an absolutely dumb question....what and when is Black Friday? rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ozibird,

It's a US Thanks Giving event that evolved around Amazon and others offering discounts initially for electronics but now loads of different shops discount many different items (not always bargains though). Crystal usually has offers on ski holidays during this weekend i.e. Friday/Saturday/Sunday. It's on around the end of November each year.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Millom thanks, I will check it out, and also SH since most here seem to be astute bargain baggers.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Two people to Passo Tonale Italy HB hotel from Birmingam airport on 7th Jan currently £351 with Crystal
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I no longer bother calling Crystal about their special offers.

In the past I am always told the very attractive special offer is sold out but would I be interested in this other marvelous deal at a full 1% discount.

The very attractive special offer sometimes remains on the website for weeks, funny that.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@TQA, sounds like they want you to use the website to book instead.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@TQA,

I'd agree with HutToHut you're better off just using the website and if a deal is no longer available you'll see when you start the booking steps (this sometimes happens but not too often). The site was terrible last year with the stupid open/close UI sections that just hung and failed all the time (same UI seems to perform a little better this year). It's also worth noting the prices always fluctuate so currently there are some discounts but the prices will probably rise for Black Friday but with a discount code (probably giving some extra discount off the current prices but not the full amount of the voucher code). I usually just consider the final price and whether or not it is or isn't a good deal irrespective of whether you're supposedly get a certain saving. You'll also want to take note of any other offers such as half-price lift passes etc. which will affect the final price in different ways at different times of the year.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Check out the post "Cheeky Cervinia cheapy – pre-xmas, 5 days, 5 places - anybody?" if you'd like a good value pre Christmas ski trip. They've done all the hard work you just need to join up. A lot of the supposed deals posted on here aren't but this one seems super.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I see Alpine elements are already doing some "good" discounting on Xmas and New Year week packages.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ster wrote:
I see Alpine elements are already doing some "good" discounting on Xmas and New Year week packages.

For solo skiers?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not really as looks like the prices assume 2 sharing and part of the deals are buy-one-get-one free on ski hire and lift passes
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ster wrote:
Not really as looks like the prices assume 2 sharing and part of the deals are buy-one-get-one free on ski hire and lift passes

ah right, yea I saw that deal a few days ago.

Not having a dig at you personally, but perhaps we could keep this thread to just deals for solo skiers - after all, we are in the 'Solo Skier' section of the forum.

In fact, there should probably also be a 'winter bargains' thread in the main 'The Piste' section too (for 2 or more skiers).
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Singlesport 23 Dec is now £699 inc flights from Manchester or Edinburgh, 7 nights chalet board ski in ski out, pool etc St Christoph (St Anton) This also needs 2 people to share but we put willing solos in touch with each other if they are willing to share. London flights are now much more expensive.
snow conditions
mikeycharlton wrote:
ster wrote:

ah right, yea I saw that deal a few days ago.

Not having a dig at you personally, but perhaps we could keep this thread to just deals for solo skiers - after all, we are in the 'Solo Skier' section of the forum.

Apologies, didnt properly clock that. Sorry for unduly raising any hopes.
latest report
@mikeycharlton,

This is not just a solo skier thread it's a organising holidays as a single traveler whether solo or finding people to join. I'd like this thread to show any good deals whether single or multi person. Obviously it's useful if it says whether a single supplement is applicable or not.

@skigirl21,

Thanks for posting. It seems an ok price but far from a bargain. It would be really good if you want to post big discounts on last minute trips but it's not the thread to try to sell quite expensive holidays.
latest report
Hi everyone,

Is it ok for me to post a couple of deals from our company?

We've got Christmas and New Year remaining spaces half price. This is based on two people sharing a room, but if anyone is looking at this solo get in touch and I'll see what we can do.

And we've got no single supplement for 8th - 15th Jan in any chalet, any room for solo skiers.

www.ice-fire.co.uk

Happy planning everyone. . .
snow report
@Snow and Sunshine,

You'd have to ask Admin about what is "allowed" but in terms of what I'd like to see on this thread it would be any genuine bargain so more than happy for you to add those if it's in the rules of the forum. However even at half price I think your prices aren't super cheap. They would need to be about 1/3 price to be a bargain. Unfortunately late deals not including flights and transfers don't really offer the best value either unless you've pre-booked those things (which is far less likely).
latest report
@Millom, fair enough cobber. It's your thread after all.

I find the idea of going on holiday and sharing a room with a total stranger a little bit weird to be honest.

I'm clearly in the minority of people who are happy to go on a genuine solo ski trip.

But yea let's try and keep it to just bargains.
ski holidays
@mikeycharlton,

If you've spoken to someone of here they're not a 'total stranger' Smile!
latest report
Millom wrote:
@mikeycharlton,

If you've spoken to someone of here they're not a 'total stranger' Smile!

But quite possibly totally strange Shocked
snow conditions
Hi @Millom,

Thanks for your message - you'll have to come and try one year and see what we offer - I think we're pretty good value for what we do even at completely full price. But then I am biased!

Happy bargain hunting. . . .
snow report
ster wrote:

For solo skiers?[/quote]

@mikeycharlton i booked with them last week got a good deal, they do have a couple of chalets with the odd single room. booked Christmas 9 nights flights,transfers and chalet board in Meribel for under £600
snow report
Hi I,m trying to get 2 single rooms in a chalet in Morzine for wc 25/02/16

Any ideas
latest report
Just been sent this from Broadway travel - 4 nights HB (incl. flights & transfers but not luggage) to Bansko from £189 :-

https://www.broadwaytravel.com/offers/flash-sale/lion-bansko-hotel?referrer=Wed-Flash-Sale&e=mjw%40bsl.co.uk&Email=mjw%40bsl.co.uk&GID=250341413
latest report
Snow and Sunshine wrote:
Hi everyone,

Is it ok for me to post a couple of deals from our company?

We've got Christmas and New Year remaining spaces half price. This is based on two people sharing a room, but if anyone is looking at this solo get in touch and I'll see what we can do.

And we've got no single supplement for 8th - 15th Jan in any chalet, any room for solo skiers.

www.ice-fire.co.uk

Happy planning everyone. . .

Thanks for posting, I think these represent good value
ski holidays
Atomic_Mick wrote:
Just been sent this from Broadway travel - 4 nights HB (incl. flights & transfers but not luggage) to Bansko from £189 :-

https://www.broadwaytravel.com/offers/flash-sale/lion-bansko-hotel?referrer=Wed-Flash-Sale&e=mjw%40bsl.co.uk&Email=mjw%40bsl.co.uk&GID=250341413

additional nights charged at £23pp isn't too shabby either.

Hotel looks decent and good reviews too - which is often pretty rare for Bulgaria.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Atomic_Mick,

Just checked some more info for this deal.

Against:
No single rooms
Hold luggage not included and expensive to add
Ski carriage expensive to add

For:
Skis, boots, lift pass for 4 days at £145
4 days skiing for the 4 nights as a late flight home on the final day
ATOL protected

Details:
Price at £189 is for flights from Stansted on 17th Jan 17
snow conditions
Some cheap deals this weekend for Pas de la Casa for 20th-27th Dec 16 (Christmas):

Flight (Manchester)
Transfers
Apartment
Grandvalira full area pass (6 days)
Ski carriage
*No food*
£355 Studio (3 people)
£383 Studio (2 people)
£393 1 Bedroom (2 people)

Flight (Manchester)
Transfers
3* Hotel
Grandvalira full area pass (6 days)
Ski carriage
*Half Board*
£485 (1 person)

Let me know if you'd like more details. Note these prices INCLUDE 6 day full area pass (210km of pistes) and Ski carriage.
snow report
I hadn't noticed this was a 'solo skiers' thread so,

Today Crystal have
1 person to Gasthof Mauth, St. Johann in Tirol, Austria HB
Brum or Stansted to Salzburg and transfer for £449
latest report
TQA wrote:

In the past I am always told the very attractive special offer is sold out but would I be interested in this other marvelous deal at a full 1% discount.

The very attractive special offer sometimes remains on the website for weeks, funny that.

crystal had a holiday to andora last week for 17 dec for £280 . so I went through the process of booking to see what happened . it was letting me book (I didn`t) so they do have good deals if you are quick . but I think the leave them on the web site when they have sold as a hook.
latest report
tim000 wrote:
TQA wrote:

crystal had a holiday to andora last week for 17 dec for £280 . so I went through the process of booking to see what happened . it was letting me book (I didn`t) so they do have good deals if you are quick . but I think the leave them on the web site when they have sold as a hook.

Looking at the Andorra ski area webcams there's only a dusting of snow presently, don't know Andorra but is mid December skiing usually a viable option there?
snow conditions
Crystal Black Friday deals from today but nothing particularly impressive. A £50 per person discount for some/all trips in January. My view you'd be better off waiting for late deals when you'll know how the conditions are in different resorts (and the prices aren't competitive enough against what you'll likely get in January anyway).

SilverSki Black Friday deals are actually just their normal last minute prices. Nothing particularly exciting from them either.
ski holidays
Skiworld has some fairly significant reductions showing on their deals page.

http://www.skiworld.co.uk/ski-deals/last-minute-offers
ski holidays
Some early season Black Friday deals on Sunweb (4 sharing exc flights and transfers), very cheap.

http://ski.sunweb.co.uk/france/val_thorens/val_thorens/residence_les_olympiades_black_friday_deal.htm

http://ski.sunweb.co.uk/france/alpe_dhuez_grand_domaine_ski/alpe_dhuez/residence_les_bergers.htm

http://ski.sunweb.co.uk/france/les_portes_du_soleil/morzine/residence_du_telepherique.htm
ski holidays
@TQA, SkiWorld prices are ok but nothing special and seem not to be specific to Black Friday.

@debtors#2, SunWeb prices again ok but when you factor in a sensible number of people in the accommodation the value isn't so great.
snow conditions
So much for black Friday, maybe if club med half their reduced prices I'll get my wallet out again Happy

New years sales next Happy
latest report
Millom wrote:
Crystal Black Friday deals from today but nothing particularly impressive. A £50 per person discount for some/all trips in January. My view you'd be better off waiting for late deals when you'll know how the conditions are in different resorts (and the prices aren't competitive enough against what you'll likely get in January anyway).

SilverSki Black Friday deals are actually just their normal last minute prices. Nothing particularly exciting from them either.

The Crystal deals were enough for me.

I had been keeping an eye on Crystal prices, then the ones I was watching started to disappear from the lists.

So when one that was originally a bit more than the ones I had been watching dropped to the price those had been, I grabbed it.

Yeah, the deal could maybe have been even better, but £50 is not insignificant on a holiday where the final price (including ski carriage) was just over £500. And I almost always go in January anyhow, so that aspect didn't bother me in the least.
latest report
Although the skiing isn't likely to be epic (probably quite poor) there are some good deals around for the early Christmas trips which at least reflect the situation. The Alpine Elements deals for 9 days for example offer excellent value if you don't have the choice to go a bit later in the year and don't mind the probably poor conditions/crowds.

Meribel 9 nights Half Board Chalets from £273 (departing 18th Dec)
Val d'Isere 9 nights Half Board Chalets from £285 (departing 18th Dec)

Both obviously will give access to higher slopes/glaciers.

In fact the biggest down-side is probably that you're paying full lift pass price when the conditions don't warrant it!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy