Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Annual search for Annual multi trip insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Ok I know that this was done last year, I read and contributed to that thread but nothing there answers my needs.

Last year I ended up with LV who provided multi trip, up to 31 days winter sports cover and pre-existing medical conditions at a good price and then followed that up with an excellent claims and repatriation experience.

This year, due to pressing buttons for the PSB, I need more than 31 days winter sports cover together with medical conditions cover.

I am aware of Fogg who cover 42 days but unfortunately no conditions cover. I have been in contact with MPI whose sales staff are all on a course until Friday so can't answer my questions on medical conditions until then.

Has anyone got any other companies that they can recommend for this cover? While cost is important I am not necessarily looking for the cheapest deal as after last year's claim proved to me the value of using a good company.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Those days of cover for winter sports, are they in total or per trip?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Those days of cover for winter sports, are they in total or per trip?

Total in the year.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ski club insurance? Their cover level seemed better than the other options when I shopped around last year.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The BMC offer good cover and, for a price, accept pre existing medical conditions. See https://www.thebmc.co.uk/modules/insurance/ They also cover most things you would want to do on a summer holiday. Each trip is limited to 45 days and Competitive winter sports is not permitted.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've taken out my first annual policy ever this year with MPI. Seems pretty good for the price and I managed to get my medical conditions covered- though it wasn't without hassles & calls & document errors. Couldn't find an alternative as good once the medical issues reared heads Sad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have a policy with www.hbinsurance.co.uk which would seem to fit your needs. Their Premier Plus policy.

45 days skiing; most of the low risk activity sports (extendable); up to 60 days per trip (any number of); we are in late 50s and I have a life threatening illness: cover for Europe (inc Switzerland) £180pa for the two of us.

Last year it covered off piste within the bounds of the resort but unfortunately this year it only covers off piste with a guide so I'll have to pay for carte neige with my season pass.

Kev
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi @BoardieK,
Thanks for the info, there was nothing available on their website regarding cover for pre-existing conditions so rang them and they could only offer a maximum of 24 days winter sports cover in the year with a standard online "Goodtogo" policy.

They could not offer me either of their standard policies with cover for pre-existing medical conditions.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry, it's a PJ Hayman "Travel Plus" policy http://www.pjhayman.com/ give them a try.

I'm not sure why my renewal came through hbinsurance.

Kev
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
How will they know how many days you have been away? And if it is days actually 'participating in winter sports', how do they know how may days you actually skied for?

If you need to claim in the first week of cover, you are covered. If you need to claim on 5th week of cover, how many days did you ski, how do they know?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No idea. I guess that they could ask for travel tickets and I suppose a season pass could give the number of days skied (if they were allowed to obtain the data). For ourselves house and business insurance also limits us to 60 days, plus we travel to ski in our motorhome so 45 days on the slopes is about tops; it all ties in quite nicely really.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Mike-H,
Quote:

How will they know how many days you have been away? And if it is days actually 'participating in winter sports', how do they know how may days you actually skied for?

If you need to claim in the first week of cover, you are covered. If you need to claim on 5th week of cover, how many days did you ski, how do they know?

I would expect it would be quite easy these days, piste tracking apps, phone data, lift pass data, credit card bills, all the data is out there and while they probably wouldn't bother to check with a small claim I wouldn't have wanted the worry of whether they would pay or even help when we had an issue in March involving an accident followed by an air ambulance repatriation costing the insurance company in excess of £30k.

When we claimed they wanted proof of all the costs that we ended up claiming for, proof of our allocation of the seasons lift pass cost over the 30 days that we had planned to use it for. Lots of information that it would have been easy to "trip up" over had we been trying to make a claim in the "5th week".

Aside from the moral and legal issues, the risk of not being covered is not a risk I am prepared to take so I just need to find the right cover.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
They always ask for travel tickets, out and return. They regard a 7 day ski holiday as 7 days skiing even if you actually ski less.

This is based on some claims and other detailed discussions with MPI over thé last couple of years. Just about to launch into that again Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
MPI Brokers...

https://www.mpibrokers.com/index.php
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@snowornever,
Quote:

MPI Brokers...
https://www.mpibrokers.com/index.php

Yes I know, and they appear to have a great reputation here, but it doesn't inspire a great deal of confidence when because of pre-existing medical conditions you need to speak to their sales staff only to find they all in training and won't be available for a couple of days. Anyway they're back tomorrow and I shall call them and will probably end up with them but it's not a great start.
ski holidays
Gave up with MPI last year. Spent far too long on the phone on several occasions without getting any sense out of them. Premiums also had gone up a lot. Better options if you do not need no quibble off-piste.
snow conditions
Quote:

They regard a 7 day ski holiday as 7 days skiing even if you actually ski less.

This is based on some claims and other detailed discussions with MPI over thé last couple of years. Just about to launch into that again

Weird, because MPI told me that is was actual ski days, not including travel. I could prove I wasn't skiing on Day X or Y if I also had hotel bills.
We always have an overnight in each direction. I think that if this is the case, I would have had a claim refused on one occasion if I needed to make one.
ski holidays
I have been basing our cover with MPI on the fact that although we are in France for ski trips for more than 31 days each winter, we aren't in resort for more. And I phoned them to check precisely this when my renewal date was towards the end of a trip, and the part covered by the old policy would have had more than 31 days in the previous 12 months. This time we will get our Christmas trip out of the way before renewal is needed, so I may have more time to shop around.
ski holidays
@Hells Bells, inconsistency is a bit worrying 😮
snow conditions
@Claude B, I think it was Michael Pettifer, the MP in MPI that I spoke to as well. I specifically asked as the subject had been raised on here. I know when hubby did the neck in, that Direct Travel took it as ski days not as total length of holiday. I think the policy was 13 days per trip (or may have been 17), and it was 17 skiing days, not 17 travel days, the travel days were covered by the 31 days per trip apparently. They now unfortunately have 17 days per season.
latest report
@Hells Bells, year before last they actually gave me cover which they later admitted they shouldnt have given me. Mine gets more complicated every year 😕
snow conditions
@Claude B, worrying.
ski holidays
I get my cover from the bank, Nat West but I think its only 30 days but its very comprehensive.
No age limit;
Off piste (with instuctor)
They would even cover snow mobiling. but not quads.
Its just part of the Bank Account benifits.
ski holidays
DrLawn wrote:
I get my cover from the bank, Nat West but I think its only 30 days but its very comprehensive.
No age limit;
Off piste (with instuctor)
They would even cover snow mobiling. but not quads.
Its just part of the Bank Account benifits.
like most free policies, they may offer what looks like cover, but they almost universally exclude any pre-existing conditions.

Try Insure and Go, they cover me and I have the small matter of having had a craniotomy to remove part of a brain tumour and also have diabetes.

Very competitive rates, and they pay out without fuss.
ski holidays
Just my tuppence worth. MPI - useless !!!! Website says cover available if living in Ireland or UK. I got a quote and when I went to purchase the site insists that Co. Wexford, Ireland is in the UK and no facility to change. I sent an email to see if I should contact them directly to get it changed ( thats all I asked) , got an email back saying that they can cover British passport holder living in the EU. I'm Irish, living in Ireland, the site says you must be resident in Ireland or Uk. Tried calling but the answer system doesn't acknowledge " pressing 1 for sales" and just loops on and on. Sent another email, still waiting, several days later, for a reply.

Now, if I was lying in A n E somewhere looking to contact them to confirm that all is okay for me to be treated and I was relying on that kind of service I'd be a tad nervous. Customer service are just 2 anonymous words apparently.
snow conditions
cad99uk wrote:
Better options if you do not need no quibble off-piste.

Can you name them please?
snow conditions
@briand6868, not good but most unusual, they've normally responded very quickly when I've called them.
ski holidays
@oofaafuu, I used to use Virgin which was ran by Insure & Go, but needed to change as we needed a annual worldwide policy that covered a couple. When doing research on Insure & Go they had a lot of bad reviews. We also went with our bank (Natwest), the policy is very highly rated.
I skied in Andorra as part of a independent group & one person had a crash & needed to claim through Natwest. They were great, sorted out his hospital bill, which he had paid with his credit card. Sent a taxi to the resort from France & had someone to help him through the airport & to the plane.
On arrival at LGW a taxi took him to his local hospital where he stayed for a few days.
They had a great service.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
For various reasons none of the providers mentioned other than MPI could provide a suitable policy, so we have ended up with them.

My initial impressions mentioned above were not favourable however their attitude to pre-existing medical conditions proved to be very enlightened. Basically if your medical condition hasn't deteriorated and medication not changed in the last 12 months then they don't want to know about it and you're covered.

Now all I have to do is hope not to claim but if I do then hope that their support service is as good as LV's proved last year.
ski holidays
www.hbinsurance.co.uk (Harrison Beaumont) seem to do Annual multi-trip Travel Insurance with Winter sports included that covers multiple trips up to 60 days each trip and covers Off-Piste (provided not alone or against local advice). There is no further info online as to how they would define "alone" but on the face of it at £94.61 per couple it seems a good deal. I will contact them to discuss a minor pre-existing condition but in the meantime does anyone have any comments, concerns about an annual policy with Haririson Beaumont?
latest report
I too use Insure + Go and they've been very good. Winter sports are covered by their annual policy
snow conditions
skier52 wrote:
www.hbinsurance.co.uk (Harrison Beaumont) seem to do Annual multi-trip Travel Insurance with Winter sports included that covers multiple trips up to 60 days each trip and covers Off-Piste (provided not alone or against local advice). There is no further info online as to how they would define "alone" but on the face of it at £94.61 per couple it seems a good deal. I will contact them to discuss a minor pre-existing condition but in the meantime does anyone have any comments, concerns about an annual policy with Haririson Beaumont?

I have this policy, (the PJHayman version: see above) the annual Travel Plus policy covers 45 days skiing with a total trip length of 60 days (multiple trips). I think the off piste wording has just changed with new underwriters this year so you are now only covered with a guide.
ski holidays
I have a world-wide multi-trip policy with holidaysafe which has a 31 days per trip skiing limit, but no limit on number of trips. Also covered my medical conditions with an additional, but not unreasonable, premium. A bit tedious to go through all the medical questions on the phone but they were friendly and helpful.
Happily I have no claims experience with them, but reviews are good and Which recommends them. I think it is a good policy. Might be worth a try.
snow report
Andy999 wrote:
I have a world-wide multi-trip policy with holidaysafe which has a 31 days per trip skiing limit, but no limit on number of trips. Also covered my medical conditions with an additional, but not unreasonable, premium. A bit tedious to go through all the medical questions on the phone but they were friendly and helpful.
Happily I have no claims experience with them, but reviews are good and Which recommends them. I think it is a good policy. Might be worth a try.

That's an interesting one.

From the FAQ:
Quote:
We define Off Piste as; ‘on an unprepared, trackless area away from regular ski runs’. Please take the utmost care if you decide to give this sport a go. You should be aware of any threats to your safety and those around you. Also, in some countries it is illegal to go out of bounds and you may find yourself helping the local police with their enquiries.

Seems pretty open.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy