Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Toddler ski clothing

Poster: A snowHead
Looking for recommendations please for 18-24 month sized clothing.

Would I be better going cheap and cheerful or would it be better to spend more and buy something more likely to keep him dry and warm for playing in snow? If he only wants to play for a little while then cheap and cheerful may well do the job long enough, last year he spent very little time out in the snow and we got away with the one suit but he is much more active and wanting to explore now. Do you get what you pay for in toddler sizes or is it all much the same at that size? What about gloves/mittens?

My stuff is all ancient and not that waterproof anymore, things have changed since I last bought anything!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Definitely a one piece until they're toilet trained. They'll be rolling about and snow will go up the jacket otherways. You can get good condition and good quality ones on e-bay as usually they don't get much use before they're grown out. Proper snow boots (tresspass?). Put the mittens on first then the snowsuit so they stay in place Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We went to mountain warehouse with our twins, cheap but functional.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ebay great place to go, also agree ref a one piece. If child is just toilet trained you might need to buy 2 sets in case of accidents as you might not have laundry facilities to get them washed and dried quick enough.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dare2b
Cheap as chips

https://www.dare2b.com/search/?q=Snowsuit
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
eBay is your friend... Double up on everything!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would look at brands that are popular in Scandinavia eg https://www.gsport.no because these will be good enough.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
All of the above and get idiot straps for the mittens (definitely mittens not gloves). Dont forget sunglasses/googles.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mittens not gloves. With cords to fasten from glove up sleeve and down other sleeve to other glove. Two sets of everything so one set can be drying whilst the other set is in use. Get ones with a zip up the inside leg from ankle to crotch and down the inside of the other leg. Either for nappy changing or emergency loo trips.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Don't spend a lot. Do you have an outlet store near you ?
At that age after about 1 or 2 hours max playing in the snow they are knackered so as long as its waterproof. Our kids only every had one but a few pairs of gloves.

Remembering back to when ours were little they would go out in the morning for a bit of snow play, back for lunch and snooze before back out in the snow in the afternoon which would give time for the suit to dry. Extra gloves and decent snow boots very a must
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
An insulated one piece snow suit and waterproof coveralls (rain trousers) over https://www.lindex.com/m/uk/6370370/?back.

Mitts with rain covers over also https://www.lindex.com/m/uk/6396900/?back.

Neck warmer thing that tucks in to stop any draughty. Balaclava.

ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
For our fast growing grandson we bought separate salopettes and jacket. Jacket lasted 2 winters with replacement trousers whereas a one piece would have too small after one. The toasty warm jacket also got used out and about when stuffing him in a full suit woiuld have been a real faff. first set were Trespass on sale, others Decathlon own brand. Both fine.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great tips thank you all. Lots to look into. Multiple mittens noted. He has a lot of sunglasses for walking/carrying/pushing around and I was also thinking of goggles this year as they will hopefully stay on better in the snow for playtime.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My kids (2 and 7) have gone through a few “Parkdress” as they are called here in Norway. They get used for 3-4 hours a day in all types of weather in Kindergarten and the most durable ones we have owned are from Polarn O Pyret and Didriksons.

My youngest is currently using a Didriksons Theron and it also have an “extend size” feature where you undo some stitching and the arms and legs extend 1 size longer, highly recommend.

The most important is the base layer. Always merino wool for us. Kids currently have sets from Devold and Helly Hansen.

Get mittens that go over the cuff and wrists lashes if they are not included.

Video of my youngest last Easter in Sälen, Sweden.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The Trespass kids stuff is inexpensive, available either via their website or if you have one of their outlet stores near you..
latest report
dare2b
tog 24
ice peak
ebay
friends with older kids who will give you loads of stuff for free.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy