Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

4 weeks in Austria 8-Q now what ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all, need some resort advise for 4 week stint in Austria in Feb '17. I've the entire month free but herself (SWMBO) will need to commute to London (LHR/LGW) at least twice during the month. We used to ski France [Val T, Val D, La Plagne] but a few years back started sliding east [Zermatt, Saas Fee] before hitting wonderful Austria [Zell Z, Kaprun] then last year I dicovered the Alpentherme at Bad Hofgas and loved the place. Any ways I like the long reds and she likes the more challanging red and blacks, this year with; for us; a massive 4 weeks to budget for I'm struggling with a resort to act as base.
Both Bad Hofgas and Landeck [for St Anton/Ischgl] have apartments in budget [e2000] and there are other areas I'm sure although not as many as a month ago Sad as SWMBO bores easily a large extent is a major plus. We can bring a 4wd car but I've read this is of little use for St Anton due to parking 'issues' but I'm thinking it would be useful for resort hopping or evening travel.
I know of no way to combine St Anton/Ischgl lift passes and the cost running two ski area lift passes over 4 weeks is a bit high. Back in March I was pleased to discover at Bad Hofgas that I could top-up my lift pass and get a lower daily rate than if I had just bought a new pass for the additional days i.e. my 10th day only cost e32. I've yet to see this explained on a resort website and I don't know if the Tyrol resorts do the same thing.
As I'm rambling I better stop and end with - any advice on base location or saving euros would be most welcome.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
To start with get this: http://www.snowcard-tirol.at/de/index

Close to Landeck you could then ski Ischgl/Kappl, Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis, Imst, Ötztal (Sölden & Obergurgl), plus a bunch of other places. Buy day tickets when you want to go to the Arlberg.

Or get the same pass, and go a bit further east and ski all the Zillertal resorts, Kitzbühel, Fieberbrunn, SkiWelt, etc etc. If you can't find accomm in budget in those resorts I guess you could look in Wörgl or Jenbach, though neither are particularly nice tbh!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks clarky I had a look at the English version at http://www.skiwelt.at/en/tirol-snow-card.html and it looks a great deal, real shame St Anton is not part of the scheme. I did prompt me to look at Salzbergs equivalent card which I was pleased to see costs a little less and; new this 16/17 season; included the Kitzbuhel wide area card as well. More at http://www.salzburgsuperskicard.com/en
SHMBO is keen on St Anton and Kitzbuhel so cost will be the deciding factor all other things being nearly equal.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mopi, honestly if you really want to ski the Arlberg (and I wouldn't blame you for that!!), just buy and Arlberg season pass and find an apartment down the valley a bit (Pettneu, Flirsch even).

You won't even scratch the surface of the ski area in 4 weeks, so boredom really won't be an issue!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Best Spa ever at Langenfeld in the Oetz valley: https://www.laengenfeld.com/aquadome-spa-facility-winter
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@mopi, St Johann iT is a reasonable base for exploring the Kitzbuheler Alps. SkiWelt, Kitzbuhel and Ski Circus via Fieberbrunn are all within 20 mins by car or public transport as well as its own fairly small skiing area.
On top of that there are several small resorts to explore locally.
There are some reasonably priced apartments especially if you don't mind not staying close to the slopes.
I haven't had any problems with parking in these places even in high season.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hey,
I've got a great solution for you! Very Happy Check out Your Alpine Tours page, we offer Ski & Snowboard Safari - skiing or snowboarding a different resort every day in Salzburg land, Austria! We take care of accommodation, guiding and transportation! So you can check all those resorts, explore different areas, see all those panoramas, try so many pistes and off pistes.

http://www.youralpinetours.com/

Winter is here! Wishes from snowy Austria - Your Alpine Tours team.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@mopi,
That's a great "problem" to have!

As clarky999 says, there's nothing wrong with wanting to go to St Anton. However, like him, I'd recommend the Tirol Snowcard. With a car you could (theoretically) ski a different area every day for your 4 weeks!

I'd recommend the Soelden valley ("Oetztal"), with the stunning baths at Laengenfeld, for starters. In that area alone you can ski Soelden (& its 2 glaciers), Obergurgl, Hochoetz (in the trees on a stormy day) and Kuehtai. The Paznaun valley is also worth a trip, for skiing at Ischgl, Galtuer, Kappl and See.

Weve had the Tirol Snowcard for the past 2 seasons and have got in about 120 nights in Austria (over a dozen or so trips) in that time, averaging less than €400 per week for apartments and visiting about 40 ski areas. We usually book accommodation via www.booking.com
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy