Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland 2016/2017 season - any new lifts/runs?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I heard that Glencoe were planning on installing a new chairlift to replace the button lift at the top of the access chair.
Anyone know if this has actually happened?
Any other developments planned for Scotland?
A friend mentioned Glenshee were to get a new lift too...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a new chairlift in the carpark at the Glenshee but i'm pretty sure it wont be going up before the winter starts.

I believe there is talks for another chair at Glenshee as well.

Coe have a new chair, im hoping that will be up by the winter.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yuppie wrote:
There is a new chairlift in the carpark at the Glenshee but i'm pretty sure it wont be going up before the winter starts.

Thanks, sounds encouraging - have been trying to find out more about the Glencoe chair but doesn't seem to be any info on their website or fb.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Neil Neige wrote:
yuppie wrote:

Thanks, sounds encouraging - have been trying to find out more about the Glencoe chair but doesn't seem to be any info on their website or fb.

Don't know anything about Glenshee but the Glencoe chair will be going in for next winter. Think there is stall a couple of planning hurdles to iron out.
The chair is already on site and ready to go next summer.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As I understand it, Glencoe's new triple chairlift will be in addition to - & will not replace - the Plateau draglift. Its top station will be higher up the mountain (towards the bottom of the Spring Run) than the top of the Plateau Poma.

The chair will transform access to the upper mountain and - after last season's new draglift - further improve the green-run skier's experience on the Plateau runs.

Latest info can be found on the following forum. Winterhighland is a fantastic resource for Scotland ski info. Igloo4you who posts on there is the Glencoe ski area owner:

http://www.winterhighland.info/forum/read.php?2,171839,page=1
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm looking forward to taking the 3-seater to the top of Cairnwell at Glenshee this winter with the kids. I heard a pretty reliable rumour that the next plan is a chair to replace the Meall Odhar draglift over towards Glas Maol which would relieve a bottleneck.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy