Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

They lip you off....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Enjoy

http://youtube.com/v/XPZDEWBzneY

To be fair the old Burton Back hill looked pretty tricky to ride set up like that
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Most of them have no brakes on them, you know?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Someone should really ban this killer craze!

BTW, could that patroller look any more like the stereotype bad guy from an 80's movie...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Uncooperative, been drinking, confrontational.....how can the skiers criticise these snowboarders when not one of the skiers was wearing a helmet? MEH, TUT
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A helmet in 1985? Really? Even world cup racers weren't compelled to wear them then were they? Helmets are just another 'new fangled craze' anyway, aren't they?
Seemed like the biggest complaint back then was snowboarders giving 'lip' to their older's & betters. No change there then.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Some great Canuckistani accents there but the patrolled takes it for his classic movie cop poor man's Magnum look.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Some great Canuckistani accents there but the patrolled takes it for his classic movie cop poor man's Magnum look.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It looks like back then snowboards could only go in a straight line. The only way to change direction seemed to be little jump turns. It'll never catch on.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

classic movie cop poor man's Magnum look

Why, he just radiates Authoritah!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I guess they had to look fairly hard to find him. This boards are hugely expensive imports here and did not have metal edges at that point. I did not see people boarding in Europe on piste much at all until they fixed that. The whole hate thing didn't really happen here though., not sure why.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Phiwig:-'The whole hate thing didn't really happen here though., not sure why.'----Where? Seemed to have happened everywhere I've been. Though I do agree with the 'not sure why' sentiment. All that sitting, messing with the kit, silly clothes, barely decipherable speech, grungy hair, I'm sure you get the picture?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Old Man Of Lech wrote:
All that sitting, messing with the kit, silly clothes, barely decipherable speech, grungy hair, I'm sure you get the picture?

you are talking about the Sebastians and Tamaras sitting on the terrace having a long lunch in their ghetto chic outfits and white boy dreadlocks typically of the Trustafarian ski seasonnaire?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thank goodness, never did meet any Sebastians or Tamaras though I did have to work with an idiot Rupert once
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeah, I was never banned from any slope, or even restricted, in the UK. That was dry slopes for me, but no one at those places (Rossendale, Harlow, Hemel, Sheffield, others) had any issues with their lack of on-piste skills being shown up by a snowboarder. In the very early days I'd ask permission, but it was always given.

In Europe the first people I saw riding on piste were actually ESF instructors. But Europe always had people on everything from bikes through all sorts of weird stuff. I never encountered one single restriction in the late 1980s anywhere in Europe. At that time there weren't many boarders around, and those who were, like my ESF friends, tended to be on it.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I didn't start skiing until 1989, and from what I can remember the only issues raised against the then new snowboarders who appeared in the early 90's, were the noise of side slipping on hard snow, and the destruction of parallel ski tracks on T-Bars. I miss those tracks, but since they were cut by 60mm skis, none of my current skis would fit Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy