Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

You are all back!!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Austria vs France. Every frickin year. We all know the answer is Italy.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Posters who ask for advice about ski holidays with specific requests, ie must be Austria/Tour operator/half board etc ...

then get a mountain(!) of replies about places in Italy oh-it's-much-cheaper/DIY oh-it's-so-easy-nowadays/self-catering oh-lovely-restaurants-if-you-can't-bothered-to-cook.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
People who bite at general "bitch about" lists

People who want the moon on a stick .e.g. guaranteed pow, lively nightlife, transfers fully operating in the first week in December/ last week in April

People who are so neurotic they want to plan every millimetre of the journey to ski school pick up in advance

People who wear sunnies with helmets. I don't care if Jean-Claude ESF does it a) it's implausible that ESF would ever wear a helmet and b) the home of the red romper suit is not the bastion of style and taste.

People who dismissively call people "people"

People who get wound up by what other people do in relation to ski trips
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Complaining the beer costs more up an Alp than in the Wetherspoons near the station.

People who have bought boots feeling they need to tell you how bad your rentals are.

People who have bought boots and still cant ski. ( That includes me)

I find I ski better with my clips undone and tucking my spyders into the tops of my boots.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ha I was being ironic, then remembered I had been suckerded into buying a pair, but they are discreet the logo is very small.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Going off piste then looking dopey as you end up on a ledge with no snow, below a lift.Sweet.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:

People who wear sunnies with helmets.

Yet apparently fine if goggles are on the helmet, even if they are never used Puzzled
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
...I'm back after getting fat in the sunshine. Threads that...

Blame tour operators for being stuck on a bus due to snow....And the toilet on the bus was locked.
Grammar and spelling criticism (see above) Smile
Have funny comments like 'People starting general "bitch about" lists' @Dave of the Marmottes,

Bring on the winter and all the chat (good or bad) about snow.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Can't get good English food in resort. Even the burgers are rare.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Can't get good English

THE ANNUAL RETURN OF THE GRAMMAR NAZIS!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
[quote="dp"]
Cinsha wrote:
GlasgowCyclops wrote:

Anyone who says or writes POW instead of adding 3 little letters! Grrrhhhhh!

Is old skool batman & robin included in that sentiment?

That is KA POW!!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This is probably a personal one, being a techy person who notices stuff.

The threads requesting advice for new skis, usually from those describing themselves as Advance/Experts who ski aggressively, but who are then unable to list any of the skis they have used/like, and respond with whatever the rental shop gives me.

Also, I thought the only pow or POW worth talking about is Japow Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@PowderAdict, So true on all points Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PowderAdict wrote:

The threads requesting advice for new skis, usually from those describing themselves as Advance/Experts who ski aggressively, but who are then unable to list any of the skis they have used/like, and respond with whatever the rental shop gives me.

That's usually a perfectly acceptable way of calibrating their self-assessment. They may be very advanced aggressive etc compared to their mates but if they're no any good in pow or bumps or general off piste it's a fair sign of where they really are on the scale.

Oh thought of another gripe - those type of threads that always end with Head Supershape or Titan. AIUI Heads are fairly burly skis (certainly the Monsters ski a bit like planks compared to more progressive offerings from non BASI approved manufacturers) which is far from the universal need of piste based skiers looking for all mountain to dabble a bit offpiste.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
NOT BEING ABLE TO TAKE KIDS OUT OF SCHOOL WITHOUT BEING FINED.
snow report
henzerani wrote:
NOT BEING ABLE TO TAKE KIDS OUT OF SCHOOL WITHOUT BEING FINED.

People who shout a lot wink
ski holidays
@Tubaski, Very Happy

It's going to be a good season.
ski holidays
Two more that are almost as contentious as helmets:

Skiing on piste with a backpack / skiing off piste without a backpack.

Moguls, and the leaving/removing of them.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy