Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

WTF is Davina McCall talking about?

Poster: A snowHead
This burned me up when I read it earlier today so much that I'm now trying to set up a campaign to get her to take back her idiotic statement.

The statement in question is this:

Quote:
“If you think of anybody going away on a ski holiday for a week your chances of getting injured on that holiday are extremely high.”

My blog post here:
http://www.skipedia.co.uk/2016/09/dear-davina/

Tweet to RT is here:
https://twitter.com/skipedia/status/779313910264565760
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@iainm, The fact she open her mouth on any subject would of been enough to justify that heading!!! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
To be fair her experience of skiing holidays is The Jump - so I get what she means Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Says a woman who uses a helicopter very often.

She does not like people peeing in her garden either.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Norrin Radd,
That sounds like the voice of experience Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Boris wrote:
To be fair her experience of skiing holidays is The Jump - so I get what she means Laughing

One of the "celebs", Tina Hobley is still not recovered after she crashed into the production team milling around the bottom of the jump zone I read. She needed someone to wipe her bottom for months due to arm injuries.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Where and when was the said statement posted??
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mountainaddict wrote:
Where and when was the said statement posted??

In one of the tabloids, can't remember which one. Express maybe.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
On The Jonathan Ross show on Saturday it would seem.
Perhaps they'll sack her from The Jump... wishful thinking.

Edit: The Jonathan Ross show is tomorrow, only quotes from the interview in the press.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 23-09-16 22:28; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think she's jolly charming. I would.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
davidof wrote:
Boris wrote:

One of the "celebs", Tina Hobley is still not recovered after she crashed into the production team milling around the bottom of the jump zone I read. She needed someone to wipe her bottom for months due to arm injuries.

There's a job opening and a half.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Laughing
Any statement of that sort is a bit idiotic because without numbers or qualification it means nothing. Compared to the other sorts of holidays her readers/viewers go on, it's essentially true.

Why would anyone get excited about a statement made on the Jonathan Ross show?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I find her rather pointless generally.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thought she was addicted to white powder Puzzled
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@emwmarine, So would I! Toofy Grin wink

I would just love to be famous enough to be invited on The Jump - I am really jealous of all the "celebs" getting a go at all those fun sports!
snow report
To be fair I suspect she has met Masque.
ski holidays
Who cares what Davina says anyway? No-one who goes skiing would take any notice.

I wish they'd find someone else to present The Jump, she is one of the most irritating presenters on TV.
latest report
HoneyBunny wrote:
Who cares what Davina says anyway? No-one who goes skiing would take any notice.

The problem isn't what people who go skiing think, the problem is what influence she might have on those that are considering taking it up. The Jump will, I guess, attract an audience including people who might not necessarily have tried any winter sport. As the presenter she will be perceived to have some knowledge/insight - even if she doesn't. Also remember that she has all those fitness DVDs, that also gives her the veneer of someone who might know about fitness/sporting activies. Are people going to say "I'm not going to learn to ski because Davina says it's dangerous" - probably not directly. Are people going to indirectly form the opinion that skiing is dangerous because they've heard that said, "I can't remember who said it, but I heard it on the telly and I'm sure it was someone something to do with winter sports" - more likely I'd suggest.
I can understand why those that make their living from winter sports would be upset.
snow report
iainm, i think you have misquoted her. There is a bit missing.
The whole quote actually goes:"If you think of anybody going away on a ski holiday for a week to La Plagne, your chances of getting injured on that holiday are extremely high.”
Quite right. We get far too many people in La Plagne as it is. Go somewhere else!
snow conditions
I'm not a fan generally but I think she is good on The Jump

And I would like a shot
latest report
Not a fan but that one about finding your long lost family is so good
snow report
Maybe the Jump and the long lost family thing could be combined Puzzled

'You've never seen her for 60 years....She's 85 years old....But if you look at the top of that ski jump....Here she comes!!'
ski holidays
Well she did find one guy living somewhere in the French Alps so maybe!!
ski holidays
A good statistician could work it in her favor.
Chance of injury on ski hol 0.01%
Chance of injury on beach hol 0.0001%
therefore chance of injury on ski hol is 100% (higher than beach hol)
latest report
Or better expressed, perhaps, as 100 times more likely to be injured?
latest report
@pam w, Or 10,000%!

Couldn't agree more re Rob Titchener
snow conditions
Skiing is dangerous...why otherwise would people advocate wearing a helmet at all times when on the slopes?!?
ski holidays
Snowsports are high risk activities to personal injury - period...

What the activity gives me however, is beyond comparison to anything else i know...(well almost wink )
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I managed to get injured on a beach holiday once, much worse than I've ever managed in the mountains (and some of you have seen the bruises I get Shocked ). Therefore from my statistically insignificant perspective, I consider beach holidays to be far more dangerous, and that's before taking the sunburn into consideration. Not worth it IMO wink
ski holidays
HoneyBunny wrote:

I wish they'd find someone else to present The Jump, she is one of the most irritating presenters on TV.

I didn't think "The Jump" was going to return this year? Thought it had been axed due to poor ratings??
snow report
Nope its coming back - avg of 2.3m viewers across a 6 week show.
Although the new season may be a little tweaked following a "Thorough review of safety standards"

And you can all relax, Davina is confirmed back at the helm
ski holidays
manicpb wrote:
Skiing is dangerous...why otherwise would people advocate wearing a helmet at all times when on the slopes?!?

Marketing?
snow conditions
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Davina is confirmed back at the helm

Oh, ballsocks Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
maggi wrote:
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Davina is confirmed back at the helm

Oh, ballsocks Evil or Very Mad

No no no, you mean bollox surely. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
I'd give her a Jump Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
I might be in a minority here, but I quite like the The Jump and Davina (and yes I would Laughing Laughing ). Though I was disappointed last year that Amy Williams was not involved.
I wish I was a d list celeb, apologies to sir Steve Redgrave, and able to spend a couple of months in the alps on the jolly and trying out various winter sports!!!!
snow report
Anyone who thinks, "Davina says we shouldn't go skiing", and doesn't, benefits us enthusiasts enormously!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy